partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i am having the worst day and it's only 8:30 am!!!!

yesterday was my last day of smoking( cigarettes, not the good stuff ) so i'm freaking out a bit wo/ my cigs.to make it worse, i woke up yesterday w/ a sore throat, scratchy eyes, and a severe headaches.all of this shit is still going on this morning!!i feel like i got run over my a truck. i downed like half a bottle of cough syrup and smoked a phatty before bed last night so i'm hurting right now. i want to sleep for the next week. think i should take a few days out of the gym.i hate to do it but i can't really stand up right now. the room gets really bright when i first stand up so i know i'll probabbly make an ass out of myself in the gym when i pass out,haha, well not haha, but whatever..ugh

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Way to go bro...lay off that tobacky. I will say that I need to quit dipping. But that skoal longcut mint is just so tasty.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I just quit around 6 weeks ago...Just decided one day to quit, although I've bummed a few here and there from friends at the bar...

it's almost been 24 hrs

i'm holding strong i think on the cigs!! i want one but i don't think i'm gonna do it.i'm gonna hold out hopefully!!!!i'm still sick too so i'm not in the cig mood.dear god i want to quit so bad!!!!be strong.be strong.....

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    8:30AM!!!! When was the last time you were up that early!! Or maybe your were just coming in from the factory at that time Ya bastard

ugh i'm dying!!

i've been sick since like wednesday!!!!pete i'm a goner buddy!!!one foot in the grave as we type!! the is coming for me!!!!!AND i have no last cigarette.........i threw them out

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    papa pump if you like the mint try the berry blend!!! you will never stop!! also party boy i had the same problems when i stopped smoking !! i felt like i was comming down with a cold, but i soon goes away. keep it up and you will feel sooooo much better in the end. i feel like i have gained some of my natural senses os taste and smell back!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Get some bubbelgum.

abstrack??

how log did it take before you started to not crave them anymore??i figure the first few days will be the worst, right?? after what period of time do you start to feel better?when i quit before after the first week i felt better when i woke up in the morning.i could actually smell fresh air in nyc that's how imprssive it was thw quit!!

tatty is offline Member
    Funny to say, but I quit cold turkey back in January when I began a serious fitness regime.

Exercise more and you'll think about it less!

tatty is offline Member
    Oh and I forgot to add that it also helps by staying away from people who smoke for a while...

shit my gf smokes!!!

i'll break her hands so she can't smoke around me!!!!!that will do the trick.yeah that's it!!if i can't smoke that bitch isn't gonna either!!!

JP1570 is offline Senior Member

Re: shit my gf smokes!!!

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    i'll break her hands so she can't smoke around me!!!!!that will do the trick.yeah that's it!!if i can't smoke that bitch isn't gonna either!!!
    Whatever it takes huh.....
    Good luck bro.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I didn't smoke, but I used to dip. I've been clean for over a year now and I still hear Mr. Skoal Mint calling my name at the store.

Cravings last forever. Just make sure you're not bored, keep yourself busy.

Re: ugh i'm dying!!

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    i've been sick since like wednesday!!!!pete i'm a goner buddy!!!one foot in the grave as we type!! the is coming for me!!!!!AND i have no last cigarette.........i threw them out
    You probably got some kind of new STD from all them Factory Ho's you been banging. I saw it on Jerry Springer. I think that your dick falls off next......uh...... keep us posted big guy.

32 hours!!!

and not one cigarette!!!and my girl's litttle asian hottie smoked around me all night, then my gf came hoemk and did too!!!!not even a desire to smoke.cigs that is.if i make it a week i'll be a free man!!!!

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    if it's something that you really want to do, and it sounds like you do, then starting is the hardest part. It's like doing cardio bro...getting your ass out of bed and doing it is what's hard. Once you're running, you get it done. Congrats bro, and you'll be a happier/healthier lady killer!

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by abstrack
    papa pump if you like the mint try the berry blend!!! you will never stop!! !
    damn ive been thnking about it, but berry? is it really that good?

ive tried spearmint,wintergreen,and mint...mint is by far my fave so far.that shit makes u totally chill and the ones and twos just flow.
    next can will be that my good sir. ill think about you the whole time. lol

partyboy-- get thru the initial stage and the rest is cake...chew gum..man i go thru an 18pack of extra a day most of the time. only time im not chewing gum is when im eating, dippin,sleepin, or...______(FIB)
    u can chew gum in the house, u can chew gum with a house. u can chew gum with a fox, with a box no locks.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Partyboy, I didn't know you smoked! Get yourself a nicotene patch on boy, my bro is quitting too, and he says they help with the cravings. Good luck, it can be done. I smoked a very strong brand for 10 years (pack a day+ habit) and I gave it up a few years back. Don't miss it a bit.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP

partyboy-- get thru the initial stage and the rest is cake...chew gum..man i go thru an 18pack of extra a day most of the time. only time im not chewing gum is when im eating, dippin,sleepin, or...______(FIB)
    Switching from smoking to dipping isn't really quiting, especially when dip has way more nicotine than cigarettes.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    The next step is to eliminate those double espressos from Starbucks, then eventually drop the "Butterfinger" cappucinos .

skid is offline Banned
    good call Pete - caffeine definately made my cravings stronger ... I switched to green tea (not caffeine free, but much more healthy)

hey guys

i just banged out a little double shot iced mocha and i'm fiending for a cigarette!!!i wanted to test myself against coffee to see if i could do it.so far, not too bad. as long as i stay busy i think i can kick this!!i was drinking green tea all day yesterday as a sort of detox to get rid of some free radicals hopefully and get all the gunk out of me.my friends quit and replaced coffee w/ green tea which is perfect for me since i love it as much as coffee.i just has to test my will against the almighty starbucks to see if i was strong enough,hahahaha. almost 48 hours!!this is tough for a guy as chemically dependant as me!!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Like i said, bubbelgums or try SNUS, Swedish tobacco that you put under your lip.

babi is offline Associate Member
    i had been a smoker for 13 years during that time i quit a few times and i started back so my advice to you is after u quit dont think that after one month you are ok to have a cigg with a drink or after sex or whatever cuz you will go right back into smoking again(so much for your sacrifice)the last time i quit was almost 5 years ago and i havent smoked eversince.i think you can do it man everybody can for as long as they have will power nicorete patches or cutting down wont help the only way to go its quit cold turkey and never look back

skid is offline Banned
    Originally posted by babi
    ... the only way to go its quit cold turkey and never look back
    I'm glad cold turkey worked for you, but it failed me every time. Instead, I had to gradually wean myself off nicotine using progressively lighter blends. (Reds -> Mediums -> Lights -> Extra Lights -> Carltons) It took some time, but I haven't had a relapse since (6 years).

Certainly cold turkey IS healthier, as the damage-repair starts immediately, but for someone who can't quit that way, this is another option.

I can't believe there is so many people that smoke and dip on this board.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    partyboynyc congradulations bro. No matter what cravings you get just ignore them, i quit recently too and know exactly how you feel. It does get better just keep yourself busy.

oh and btw i wouldnt down too much cough syrup as it contains DXM...im sure you dont want a dxm trip they kinda suck

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Pete235
    [B]8:30AM!!!! When was the last time you were up that early!! Or maybe your were just coming in from the factory at that time Ya bastard

5 days

no cigarettes!!!! i'm on a roll boys and girls.it hasn't been bad at all.i'm so suprised?!

nuke is offline Member
    WAY TO GO BRO !! I'M PROUD OF YA !

ahah way to go man keep up the good work and stick with it

Thread Information