Big Show 23 Guest

Thumbs up A pleasant experience I had at the gym today

It seems that a certain moderator by the name of Pete235 was correct not all AAS users are stuck up snobs.Today at the gym while I was having my shoulder and traps workout I spot this huge guy working out and I think to myself "This is one huge guy,he uses AAS but huge none the less"Anyway he asks me where the gym's standing calf machine was since he's only visiting Winnipeg & didn't really know his way around the gym.To finish the story after my workout was done I started to talk to him again in the change room and asked him what his height and weight is.He told me he's 5'11 240lbs,so I ask him in a respectful tone if he uses AAS and he tells me that he's been bodybuilding for 12 years & did use AAS for about 2-3 years but for personal reasons decided to stop.I thanked him for being so honest and told him that it actually refreshing to meet a serious bodybuilder who has done AAS and is not stuck up and is honest about his use.Who knows maybe I'll be fortunate someday to meet another bodybuilder like that someday

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    good to hear you had a good experience. I think its pretty cool of the guy to admit it i for one would admit it to anyone that asked but i wouldn't sing it from the rooftops. BTW i was just in winnipeg last weekend and whata blast i had in that town, grand beach was awesome.

Big Show 23 Guest
    Originally posted by Tedmax195
    I think its pretty cool of the guy to admit it i for one would admit it to anyone that asked but i wouldn't sing it from the rooftops.

BTW i was just in winnipeg last weekend and whata blast i had in that town, grand beach was awesome.
    I think it also might've had something to do with the way I came across and the way I asked the question.I bet that if I asked the question with an "attitude" type tone I would've gotten a different answer.But yeah I respect honesty in a person.

Second thing I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Winnipeg,I haven't been to Grand Beach since I was a kid though.Also too bad I was out of town from July 30th to August 5th or we could've met or something.Bet all the pretty Winnipeg ladies were aching to feel those big muscles eh!

Actually it's better that we didn't meet,I don't need to have a juiced up muscle stud like you to make me look any smaller than I already am j/k

I just noticed you're Canadian as well,geez there certainly are a lot of Canadians on this board

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I think its dis-respectful. Especially when its somebody you never met and just come up and ask you. Ive been working out with this guy for a few months and he use to work out with Chris Cormier out in L.A anyways, he is one of the biggest motherfuckers Ive ever seen, but Ive never asked him if he was on jucie. Does it matter? I dont think so.

Originally posted by Big Show 23

Second thing I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Winnipeg,I haven't been to Grand Beach since I was a kid though.Also too bad I was out of town from July 30th to August 5th or we could've met or something.Bet all the pretty Winnipeg ladies were aching to feel those big muscles eh!

Actually it's better that we didn't meet,I don't need to have a juiced up muscle stud like you to make me look any smaller than I already am j/k

Check my profile i have yet to do a cycle and i'm only 5'10 and 195lbs nothing special and all natural. Hope to change that in a few weks though!!!!!

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with everything Ted!

Thanks Neo i hope my shipment of goods comes in this week so i can start my cycle, i will post cycle and before pics for everybody.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool It's all in the wording . . .

Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the art of being subtle...

If you ask someone outright, "Do you use steroids ?" you'll get a negative answer - one that may not be very civil. Because the question is presumptuous, especially if you do not know the person. And, for better or worse, many people who do use AS have some heavy-duty hang-ups about their own use.

So change the question. Start with a compliment, and ask them if they have done any cycling. As in, "Very impressive...Are you doing any kind of cycle?"

Why? Because cycle is an inside word - and if you use that term, it will demonstrate that you have an inside knowledge about AS. You may still not get a positive answer, but at least your question will not be perceived as a presumptuous slap-in-the-face by a stranger.

I work in a counseling environment, where asking about one's drug and alcohol use is normal. And in most cases, the way a question is worded willremove any potential threat that a patient might otherwise perceive. I have often asked patients, "I see you work out. Have you been doing any kind of cycle?" And nine times out of ten, I get an honest answer.

Realize two things: First, that what you are asking is a very personal thing. Second, that you are actually asking the question with your own goal in mind - namely, seeking advice from someone who probably knows more about steroids than you do. That person doesn't owe you advice, and if you come on like gangbusters, you are sure not to get any. So be subtle - it goes a long way.

Big Show 23 Guest

Re: It's all in the wording . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to the art of being subtle...

If you ask someone outright, "Do you use steroids ?" you'll get a negative answer - one that may not be very civil. Because the question is presumptuous, especially if you do not know the person. And, for better or worse, many people who do use AS have some heavy-duty hang-ups about their own use.

So change the question. Start with a compliment, and ask them if they have done any cycling. As in, "Very impressive...Are you doing any kind of cycle?"

Why? Because cycle is an inside word - and if you use that term, it will demonstrate that you have an inside knowledge about AS. You may still not get a positive answer, but at least your question will not be perceived as a presumptuous slap-in-the-face by a stranger.

I work in a counseling environment, where asking about one's drug and alcohol use is normal. And in most cases, the way a question is worded willremove any potential threat that a patient might otherwise perceive. I have often asked patients, "I see you work out. Have you been doing any kind of cycle?" And nine times out of ten, I get an honest answer.

Realize two things: First, that what you are asking is a very personal thing. Second, that you are actually asking the question with your own goal in mind - namely, seeking advice from someone who probably knows more about steroids than you do. That person doesn't owe you advice, and if you come on like gangbusters, you are sure not to get any. So be subtle - it goes a long way.
    I agree with this post 110% TNT,and guess you wouldn't since you weren't there.But take my word for it I was somewhat subtle and respectful(I didn't come on like Gungbusters)and in fact I complimented him on his physique as well.But more so I think that I used the right tone of voice.

androplex is offline Donating Member
    TNT, I disagree!

Just kidding.

How have you been?

New York City was a blast all but the ER visit I made on Saturday. Long story but I am fine. Would have like to have planned a dinner together but due to my ER visit time was short. "A" had a pretty full schedule for us. We stopped by one of the networks and all but dont look for us on any soaps just yet, (he he he). I dont think our Agents elevator goes all the way to the top floor. If anything maybe a few XXX movies, NOT.

We are planning on coming back in few months. Maybe we can have dinner then.

Love you big guy, and take care.

Thread Information