Thread: Abortion

palme is offline Rosie Member

Arrow Abortion

I just thought i should start a thread about this topic...are you for or against?

What if you forgot or didnt care about putting the rubber on but dont want a baby, or forgot to take the damn pill the day after...misstakes happens.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Palme, I'm usually up for a debate as you know but I think this subject is too broad and I'll probably get pissed so I'll try and stay away from it for now.

I'm pro-choice for the most part but not in certain circumstances

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Im a man so i cannot and will not say what should be done.

I support the rights of women to choose, is it right or honorable?

i cannot say, but i dont want women to get the procedure done anywhere except a legal office with doctors and nurses.

i will bow out now, the topic is a hot one and usually leads to childish name calling and christian debates. which i have no place in either.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I am pro-choice

Grocho is offline Associate Member
    No doubt as of many on this board, Pro- choice.

HMMMMMMM

....i was not ready to becaome a father...even though my daughters mother was on the pill, things happened. nobody forced me into sex without a condom so i never even brought up the aborting thing.her body-her choice...my daughter is a healthy 4 yr old angel. ( on a side note just to give everyone an update--my bitch ass daughters mother decided to settle out of court now instead of trying to prevent me from seeing my daughter..i basically had a free lawyer so this whole thing really cost me nothing but it cost her alot..) but on the other hand if my daughter was like 15 or so and some f*cked up old dude raped her i'd want her to get an abortion..then i'd beat the crap out of him...actually any woman at any age should get an abortion if raped...

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i am not touching this one.

no way

JP1570 is offline Senior Member

Re: i am not touching this one.

Originally posted by partyboynyc
    no way
    not with a ten foot pole, I have my beliefs, but I will not push them upon others in this forum. -out

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't have time to give this subject the post it deserves right now. I have 4 hrs till I get up for work. I bet being that Im vastly outnumbered so far, I'll be back tomorrow.

Let me just say this. MURDERING an unborn baby is just as bad as Killing and child who has been born already. Although I don't condone these extremist who kill doctors and blow shit up. If you are not responsible enough to use protection then keep your d!@$ in your pants. If you get pregnant then you have already made the choice IMO. The only thing that should be allowed is adoption. Just because its a woman's body doesn't mean she can KILL the living being inside her.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    hehe, this is such a loaded thread...

i woulda done an anonymous poll.

don't wanna answer cuz i'd rather not upset any future friends...=)

-clocky baby

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    The only time there should be an abortion is when a woman gets raped and ends up getting pregnant. Then again you could always give it up for adopotion. So bascially were killing babies which means your commiting murder.

nakkid is offline Honorary Member
    i'm against.

adaptations is offline Member
    I am for the most part against it.
    BUT since we did have one(wasnt my choice, and she tottaly regrets it now) i have to deal with the fact that she felt we wernt finacialy ready and went through with it. although i was against it, i stood by her andher decision

nakkid is offline Honorary Member
    it must of been a tough decision adaptation.. sorry to hear that.
    i know few ladies that cant stop thinking of their lost baby... sad but true.

Shit this is the first time ive seen people saying they dont want to speak about a topic(!)

Should i have this thread removed?

adaptations is offline Member
    Originally posted by nakkid
    it must of been a tough decision adaptation.. sorry to hear that.
    i know few ladies that cant stop thinking of their lost baby... sad but true.
    Yes nakkid...it was tough, i started being a completly dif person towards her when she was making her desicion...was being a complete dickhead towrads her...trying to get her to change her mind..but realized i was doing more harm than good....
    She thinks about it all the time....so dont i...she def regrets it now and wants to have one...lol...wtf

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I consider myself open minded on the issue - it seems that it would come down to the simple consideration of whether it was a living thing or not - if it is, then to kill it would be illegal and immoral - if it is not, then it is the mothers body and therefore her choice what to do with it.

Now, if anyone can show me why something that is not living needs to be "terminated", ie, why not just let it alone if it is not alive? biologically speaking, only living things can grow (or go to term). - if that were indicated, the case could be very clear for "pro-choice"

Another question is when the "fetus" aquires a soul if not at conception - (which even a number of athiests believe that we have, tho not immortal) - with out a soul, it could be argued that it was not "human" or rather not a "person", separate from the mother, who presumably does have one, and thus could be removed at any time, much like your tonsils. If it does have one, it is a baby and theoretically enjoys such rights and protections as dose the mother herself.

Last question - if someone were to shoot a pregnant mother on the way to the abortion clinic and the "preganancy" was terminated - should the perp be charged with homicide? what if the mother wanted to have that baby? So is the only difference of whether it is a baby or not is if the mother wants the child?

Btw: adap - I feel for you, I know a number of people who have made that decision to their unending regret - but she cannot change that past but must find forgiveness and make better choices for the future generation.

Adoptations, kinda wierd situation isnt it? first she dont want it, then she does...

And Cyc, about the soul thing i couldnt care less, however isnt a fetus alive from the point it starts to evolve? As in sperm meats the egg? Just curius.

IMO if the parents dont want to have a baby and forgot the rubber or whatever, the are free to do an abortion if they want.

And if some stupid ass shoots someone thats going to make an abortion or will perfrom one on someone they should get the same threatment. I just dont understand people like that, why cant they devote their lives to something good? Like gear.

physio_sport is offline Banned
    i belive that if a man and women think there old enough to have sex then they should be old enough to take responsabilty for their actions.

nuke is offline Member
    Politics and Religion......

Im not going there, my close friends know my views on this...
    But if it helps I have a beautiful, healthy and very happy 2 yeard old Daughter....

Could not imagine not having her w/me.....I also see people that SHOULD HAVE NEVER had sex knowing what the outcome could possibly be...

( Well I guess I gave my views on that )

Next....

pro-choice

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Pro-Choice.
    I won't comment any longer for the chance of getting heated.

tatty is offline Member
    Pro Choice.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Diesel
    My view is, when I have the ability to become pregnant and am faced with this choice, I will take a position.
    Diesel has a good point, many of us just can't empathize with this issue- it is something that may greatly affect our lives, but not our bodies. On the other hand, should we seek to correct what we believe is injustice around us even when it has nothing to do with us?

I am a southern Catholic, and this is one issue that is black and white to Catholicism. I can see the other side of the coin though, and the fact of the matter is that a woman living in poverty who is impregnated may see abortion as the only option. At this point, God would say "turn to me and I will provide." It's easy to say that when you live comfortably, but not when you're living in poverty.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well, like people said, this is quite a big topic/issue.

I'm not sure exactly how it was, but I did hear/read somewhere that there is a certain amount of time before the fetus actually "becomes" alive or something, or maybe it had to do with the heart. I think it was like 2-3 months, and then the baby is still not really created or something, sorry, I hated biology class and dropped out

But, if it is BEFORE the baby is actually a "baby" in the womb, then I guess its okay, if the women wants to. Other then that, if it is PAST that certain time, then no, it would be wrong.

Also, the rape issue, that's without a doubt! It's like having a gun to your head!

I belive they say before 8 weeks...

sweetgirl is offline Female Member
    im TOTALLY agaisnt it !!
    but if i was to have a baby now (im 20), i would have an abortion, for, i am not ready, and i dont want the responsability at this point of my life.

a friend of mine (shes 21) , and shes having a baby, and doesnt even know who the dad is, it all lokks like a joke to her. she seems happy, but i think deep inside, she isnt...

..i think its good that shes keeping the baby, but how is she gonna handle the fact that she doesnt even know who the dad is ?? ..that part scares me.
    sweetgirl

dirty bird is offline New Member
    pro-choice. I agree with buddha on this in that no man should be able to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body.

When my girlfriend decided to have an abortion as sad as it was it was the right choice. I wasn't happy about it and all I could do was support her through those times. We are no longer together and I often think how much of an impact that could have had on my baby had he/she been born.

RON
    Originally posted by palme
    Shit this is the first time ive seen people saying they dont want to speak about a topic(!)
    Should i have this thread removed?
    People have strong opinions on this issue. I don't think this would be a civil conversation on a lot of boards. However I think we are all handling it very maturity. No need to remove it IMO

Originally posted by palme
    And if some stupid ass shoots someone thats going to make an abortion or will perfrom one on someone they should get the same threatment. I just dont understand people like that, why cant they devote their lives to something good? Like gear.
    I don't agree with their course of actions but I understand them. These "doctors" are making a living killing innocent babies. I love children and have two of my own. Now kill so called "Doctors" is not an option IMO but these extremist are not like me.

And buddha If a woman doesn't want children let her use a contraceptive or make sure her partner does. God help a woman who would murder my unborn child.

RON
    I have some pic's that might change some of your opinions but I don't wanna post them cause they are too graphic IMO

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    PRO-CHOICE, not my place to make anybodys decisions...everybody should be able to do whatever the F*** they want as long as it does not interfere or endanger me, my life and my family...enought said...XXL

shorty2big is offline Member
    pro-choice, although, well........ I guess that's all I will say.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Originally posted by sweetgirl
    im TOTALLY agaisnt it !!
    but if i was to have a baby now (im 20), i would have an abortion, for, i am not ready, and i dont want the responsability at this point of my life.

a friend of mine (shes 21) , and shes having a baby, and doesnt even know who the dad is, it all lokks like a joke to her. she seems happy, but i think deep inside, she isnt...

..i think its good that shes keeping the baby, but how is she gonna handle the fact that she doesnt even know who the dad is ?? ..that part scares me.
    What scares ME is that she got to that level of incompetence in the fist place - when are we going to learn that there are consequenses for our actions? some that we cannot excape.

rotty508 is offline Junior Member
    If you act responsible you wouldn't have to make a choice. I am 29 and have a wonderful 1yr old son who I cant imagine being without now. I can understand the rape issue as if it was my wife I would probably change my position, but would support her in what she chose either way. But these people who use it as a a way of birth control in MY opinion are just baby killers. As far as a 15yr old having 3 in a year that's just poor upbringing, too many parents today are not doing what parents are supposed to do PROTECT their kids. Our society is on a downward spiral that we are not going to recover from any time soon. But then again this is just my opinion.

Thread Information