palme is offline Rosie Member

Paper or plastic?

What do you use?

I just got back from the store, and a guy using American express was infront of me and he had to use that shit about 9 times before it worked!

I think itīs wierd i didnt care, normaly i get kinda upset when the cards dont work and people hold up the line.

And i know cards help prevent robberys (less money in stores) but they suck!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i NEVER carry cash...=P plastic is the wave of the future! i use a debit card and it is about a billion times faster than someone using cash. i slide it while my stuff is being scanned, put in all the info, the checker finishes scanning and hits ONE button on the register, a re-ceet (sp?) prints out and we're done...=)

-clocky baby

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Plasitic,

I hate the store.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Plastic here too

I just never carry cash

nakkid is offline Honorary Member
    plastic. all the time.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Little Girl
    Plastic is very usefull. I never carry money on me. The bad thing with plastic is that I tend to spend wayyyy tooo much!

LG
    BINGO- I stick with cash. I cut up all my plastic means of money. Any kind of cash card or credit card is killer on my funds.

Grocho is offline Associate Member
    Oh man, my first year of college i got into the whole credit card thing. For some stupid reason i felt like it was free money. What the hell was i thinking. I went so far into debt that for a while there my life was sucking. I am finally out and all i use is cash. And with a debit card i spend to much. The only time i use plastic is ordering on the phone or internet or something like that.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    The debit card is kicking my ass too. I did prefer plastic but now its all about the cash. Let someone rob me....they aren't going to get much off me anyways.

sweetgirl is offline Female Member

paper or plastic?

i thought that u guys were gonna tell stories about paper bag or plastic, when they always ask u that question at the grocery store!!

sorry !! its late for me and i should probably get to bed.
    dont they ever get sick of asking that same question over and over?? there should be bonus for cashier that gives away the most paper bag away instead of plastic ..

do we pay for paper bag as well??hmmmm , i'll do the reashearch tomorrow..good nite guys.

frm sweetgirl
    sweetgirl

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    nothing but paper! plastic has gotten me into sooo much truoble, if i cant buy cash i dont need it is my motto . i know it sucks but it has kept me from going further into debt and im finnally making a dent on all my accts. but i do have some plastic for emergencies and emergencies only my wife hates it but some one gotta be the responsible one

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    plastic all the way...especially when your parents still pay for it....hey, what can i say, i'm a college student

tatty is offline Member
    best of both worlds for me.

Imnotdutch is offline Junior Member

Re: Paper or plastic?

Originally posted by palme

And i know cards help prevent robberys (less money in stores) but they suck!
    Over here (the UK) if you use a debit card they give you a receipt with the card number, expiry date etc on. Almost everything that somebody would need in order to use your card details.......except your name. So using plastic isnt such a great option......you only have to drop that receipt in the wrong place and youend up losing out.

Thread Information