clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

poor circulation while sleeping?

i've noticed this ever since i'm started working out hard. i wake up and my hands are sooooo "asleep" that it feels like they are going to turn purple and fall off! sometimes its not just my hands but my whole arms. the only way to avoid it is to sleep directly on my back with my arms lying perfectly to my sides. i've noticed that since i've started working out hard again, my arms constantly feel swollen and tight. could this somehow be leading to poor circulation? arg, i can't keep sleeping like this, i know its >gots< to be unhealthy for me...=(

-clocky baby

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    The human body has 62,000 miles of arteries, capilleries, and veins in it. One of them is gonna get pinched every once in a while.
    I get numb like that frequently, go get your BP checked and do stretching excercises before workouts and bed
    Last edited by Pheedno; 08-13-2002 at 02:00 PM.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Are you sure you're not just lying on your arms? I do that all the time.

anabolicmyo is offline Junior Member
    Its all about the stretching! In your case you have a muscle imbalance
    between the chest and back, stretch the chest, holding for atleast 20 sec. everyday. Youll be feeling better within a couple days.

anabolicmyo A.C.S.M., N.S.C.A.

thanks for the advice, i'll try to streching thing!

excess, i know i am lying on my arms, but the thing is that i used to be able to sleep with my arms under my pillow with my head on top of them without any probs. now i wake up thinking i've had my arms blow off in a war or something...=P hehe.

-clocky baby

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    maybe you should let go of your pee pee and put the vaseline away! HAHAHAHA
    im so funny

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Everything falls asleep on me.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    KInda funny you asked that question, because the same thing has been happening too me.. I have put on about 30 pounds in the last 4 months, and I have noticed me circulation has gone down too...

Seaoro693 is offline Junior Member
    the same exact thing started happening to me recently. used to be able to also sleep with my arms under my pillow. I usally shake out my hands to get the blood flowing again and roll over and pass back out.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    I have the same problem. Except, my arms from my sholders to my finger tips are numb. Moreso on my right. My right leg from quad to my toes is numb. And this is during the day when I am up and active! No amount of streching has helped. Going to the chiropractor today, perhaps he can manipulate my body, back into some balance to give me some relief.

firedup is offline Junior Member
    i get the same numbness in my right hand, it's like my middle finger is being squeezed.......i am thinking about seeing a messuse.

wow, hmm. thats interesting...and a bit comforting...to know that it happens to other people. everyone it happens to has gained a lot of weight right? i've gained a lot of weight also and thats when it started happening.

-clocky baby

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    I am glad this came up it seems there are a lot of us with this problem, but then that's what this forum is for, awesome. I really didn't know that an imbalance of muscle could lead to hardship while sleeping. I have enough trouble trying to sleep without this new deal, but then I guess it's just part of the AAS life.

peace and happy lifting

The imbalance is caused in clockworks case by the chest being stronger then the back, so when stressed or relaxed the chest is always tightning in on itself. Why the arms, beacause the orgin of the biceps are at the greater alcronon process, which is a boney landmark also assoicated with the lats, that hence are getting pulled. Its not the arteries or veins going numb, it's the muscle, its the gto reflex thats being tightend all the way down to the end of those extremities.Stretch.
    Its also called some disorder, but Ill get back to you with the name of that.
    For the rest of those that gained alot of weight quickly, just think about it your muscles too are tighter then crap.Stretch the reflexs and get some circulation into that new muscle.

anabolicmyo A.C.S.M., N.S.C.A.
    credentials being 4+ years into anatomy and kineseology, and a year of exercise managment for people with disibilities

anabolicmyo, i did stretch a lot before going to sleep last night and it didn't happen that night...=) thanks for the advice.

but i need some more plz...=)

my back has been natually tense my entire life. when chicks give me massages, they always gasp and say damn, i'm tense. well, since i've started workout hardcore again, its even tighter back there and i've developed this nasty knot somewhere in my right trap. when i'm dragging a heavy weight to where i'm gunna use it, my back tenses up while i'm dragging it and then relaxes when i put the weight down. sometimes when i put the weight down, the knot hurts really bad...like a nerve is pinched or something. also, when i'm doing cable rows, it'll hurt bad also...kinda like a zit is being popped there or something. it seems to be getting worse. even when i'm lying around the house, if i twist my back muscles a certain way sometimes the knot will hurt. its not muscle soreness (i don't think), it definantly a pinching pain...

thanks again for the help...=)

-clocky baby

Now thats a little more serious, try a good chiropracter, and I mean a good one. One that will do some manual muscle testing. If it is a nerve the chiropracter being a kinesiologist, will not only make you feel better but will definitly make you stronger. This might sound a bit weird but like Pheedno stated your cardiovascular system is almost quite endless, but as with that, it is the nervous system that supplies its life. A good kinesiologist will realign anything out of whack and give new life to all muscles. I see a chiropracter for preventitive medicine, and I could go on and on about my benefits, but Ill just tell you I send alot of people his way now. Also treat yourself, go see a massuse, it feels good and if shes hot as hell all the better.

anabolicmyo

please remember, even if your starting to feel better, keep stretching. Youll last longer.

anabolicmyo

Thread Information