Thread: Car Theft

maximized is offline Junior Member

Car Theft

DAMN! I went outside this morning to get my clothes for work (was at a chick's house) and found my passenger side window bashed in, my sub, amp, and cd's taken...over $1200 worth of shit! they tried to get my deck, but couldnt get it out. They must of taken a while too cuz everything was screwed down pretty tight...pisses me the fuck off! Only good thats gonna come out of it is when i hit the gym today. well, thats my pissed off halloween story...hope your's goes better.

peace

max

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

you can get your $$ back for your shit that was taken

you have to file a claim w/ your homeowners insurance.you can even do it on your parents home owners insurance if you live at home, but for that little amount of $$ it may not be worth the claim.i had teh same experience yrs ago so i knwo what you have to go through to get reimbursed

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Wrong forum Bro...should be under general questions (comments)

Pete

thanks pbnyc...but i dont have homeowners...i guess i should get some huh...

and pete, i was just postin my recent pissed off bad experience to all my buds here. but ill keep it more "board specific" now. this is the only forum i go to usually.

have a good one..

-max

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

you can try to file w/ your auto

but i seriously doubt they will do it because personal property falls under homeowners.i have the best auto insurance $$ can buy and they would make no exception.you could give it a shot though.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Pete235
    Wrong forum Bro...should be under general questions (comments)

Pete

Ohhhhh Petey.......

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    I use to run a mobile audio shop and run a web page for it also and I hear of this all the time. there is no way you can get your car insurance to pay for it, unless you go to them first and tell them you want your equipment covered in your policy.

I would suggest getting an alarm. If your going to spend good amounts of money on a stereo, spend another 150 bucks and get a good alarm. Make sure a good shop hooks up the alarm though, a $20 well installed alarm will work better than a $400 crap installed one.

I have about 3-4k dumped in my system and i spent more time installing the alarm/remote start than any thing. Making sure the brain and horns were hidden and impossible to get to in a timely matter, for the install in general you are gonna get what you pay for.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Don,t know about the US but in the UK we claim for that sort of stuff off our car insurance and most policies come with an audio cover of 10% of the value of the car or £2000/$3500 which ever is the cheaper.Know how you feel bro I had a cabriolet and the bastards actually hacksawed the dash to remove the stereo because I had clamped it to the main pillar behind the dash.Not cheap!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP

Ohhhhh Petey.......
    I guess I am a little anal about that sometimes...no offence Mad Max?

P

pete

Of course not!

-max

Thread Information