Thread: GM Motors Vs Microsoft
08-23-2001, 03:33 AM #1
GM Motors Vs Microsoft
Just thought I would share this with you guys as we all know only to well the problems of a PC!!
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated: "If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving twenty-five dollar cars that got 1000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating (by Mr Welch himself): If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines on the road you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason, and you would just accept this, restart and drive on.
4. Occasionally, executing a manoeuvre such as a left turn, would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine
5. Only one person at a time could use the car, unless you bought "Car95" or "CarNT." But then you would have to buy more seats.
6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, reliable, five times as fast, and twice as easy to drive, but would only run on five per cent of the roads.
7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would be replaced by a single "general car default" warning light.
8. New seats would force everyone to have the same size butt.
9. The airbag system would say "Are you sure?" before going off.
10. Occasionally for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key, and grab hold of the radio antenna.
11. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need them nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50% or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.
12. Every time GM introduced a new model car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
13. You'd press the "start" button to shut off the engine.
I think GM just about covered everything!!
08-24-2001, 02:10 PM #2Anabolic Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2001
that's funny but GM is full of shit
if NASA can make afuckign rocket that can withstand temperatures of a billion degrees, GM can build a goddamn car that will run for more than 120,000 miles.but what would be the sense in that.haha.it's all an industry scam.
08-24-2001, 11:52 PM #3
I had an old Vauxhall Astra I think the US call them GM Pontiac?? and I sold that with 155,000 miles and a bloke I know has a BMW with 226,000 miles on the original engine!!! Never been rebuilt so there are some .......not many
09-01-2001, 03:09 PM #4
BMW's last forever, I can't tell you how many mid 80's BMW's I've seen around here!
09-21-2001, 06:22 AM #5Junior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2001
Tell me about it, just a few seconds ago, my computer said "Fatal Error" and everything shut off...But at least I don't have an Apple-that thing never turned on....I used to have to blow dry the hard drive to turn it on, and one day the shit just exploded (smoke and all)... When I turned it back on, an apple came out with its eyes crossed out at a cemetery. I just slamed the thing against a wall..
09-21-2001, 06:40 AM #6
I think german cars are well made. I had a volks jetta that I drove into the ground, over 300,000km. I still traded it in on my new car and the dealership sold it on their used lot. My wife works at a large manufacturing plant and now she sees it in the parking lot everyday as one of the employees bought it.
09-21-2001, 10:54 AM #7Mike Guest
yup - I am all for german automobiles - HUGE beamer fan - wouldnt drive anything else.....well maybe thered be an exception...but not one I could afford
10-04-2001, 09:37 PM #8CYCLEON Guest
well, i surely like BMWs but i had the chance to drive around a mercedes 420SLK - let me tell u, dint look so vicious but step on that gas and bye bye!!!!!!! - like the road runner - WOW, and noen of this dragster sound just smooth and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssssssttttt tttttttttttt
gotta save up some $$$ for that!
but ill stick with a landcrusier till then
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)