Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~

Question i think im going through d e p r e s s i o n?

i have never really had "***ression" before lol.. and kinda made fun of people for having it... i would get in a funk for like a day or so but pop right out...

lately all this week ... i have had 0 ambition/drive.

i still train/diet and what not.. as its all habitual now, but like going out w/ who ever and just B.Sing. in general.. doesnt seem appealing.

im not sure wat signs of ***ression so.. lil insight would be nice.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer

Than in drop down go to Is it ***ression?

Enjoy.

after i took the test it said:

Clinical ***ression is not something you can just "will away" or "talk yourself out of." While no standardized test can tell for sure if what you?re feeling is, in fact, ***ression, your responses suggest that you?re in much more pain than you need to be. ***ression is very treatable and the sooner you seek help, the sooner you'll feel relief. Consider discussing some of what you're feeling with a physician (what looks like ***ression can be caused by such things as physical ailments, medication side-effects, or hormonal shifts) and/or sharing your concerns with a professional therapist.

so i got ***ression?! wtf ><

Well it says its not a GUARANTEE that you have d'pression but you seem to be suffering more than most people. So yes you may very well be I guess or at least going through a time where you are experiencing d'pression-like feelings and emotions.

Are you sad? Webb will make you feel better.

im .. emotionally drained.. not so much sad as just.. lacking drive and feeling uber lethargic...

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    after i took the test it said:

Clinical ***ression is not something you can just "will away" or "talk yourself out of." While no standardized test can tell for sure if what you?re feeling is, in fact, ***ression, your responses suggest that you?re in much more pain than you need to be. ***ression is very treatable and the sooner you seek help, the sooner you'll feel relief. Consider discussing some of what you're feeling with a physician (what looks like ***ression can be caused by such things as physical ailments, medication side-effects, or hormonal shifts) and/or sharing your concerns with a professional therapist.

so i got ***ression?! wtf ><
    I got the same answer as you. Usually its much worse for me but when I'm on cycle I usually feel loads better. Test is the best anti-***ressant I've ever taken.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    could be so many things like
    overtraining,virus,chronic fatigue syndrome,low levels of test,low levels of vitamins
    or
    just living on this earth being bombarded with back stabbing friends,over population,high cost of living,heat,working for somone making them rich with no future in sight----------------thanks tai--now I'm ***ressed

Quote Originally Posted by Tapout
    could be so many things like
    overtraining,virus,chronic fatigue syndrome,low levels of test,low levels of vitamins
    or
    just living on this earth being bombarded with back stabbing friends,over population,high cost of living,heat,working for somone making them rich with no future in sight----------------thanks tai--now I'm ***ressed
    my gf dumped me LOL
    i wasnt even this miserable when i went through my divorce..

really I do know what you mean
    in the last 2 weeks my wife had a miscarriage(after years of thinking about another child and months of trying),my job is chaning my hours making me do a schedule,our "best friends" kind of screwed us by dissing us through this(she is preagnant also,after my wife became pregnant and some think they did it because we did) by not coming around and them with our other friends went to the beach last monday and none mentioned anything to us--behind our back stuff(how high schoolish is this) and my back which is really bad(5 compression bulged lower disks,degenerative disk and arthritis)has been real bad going down my leg to hurt in hip,knee and numb toes
    so this can cause ***ression I would think but we just do our best to survive

i want cake
    plus im on uhh.. 0 carbs today

ice cream cake kicks--the little oreo things in middle

ice cream cake kicks--the little oreo things in middle
    yep.. good thing im carb de-pleting right now

its funny how many people go on meds for ***ression but alot just need some test

its funny how many people go on meds for ***ression but alot just need some test
    my ex before her
    .. i put her on test.. it made her hair start to fallout .. so we quit that! LOL
    all i wanted to do was make her libido higher!

Why zero carb?

Kennedy is offline Associate Member
    my ex before her
    .. i put her on test.. it made her hair start to fallout .. so we quit that! LOL
    all i wanted to do was make her libido higher!

Bro I need to work on that for my girl too find any good fixes?

lil'Taylor is offline Tied up by WEBB
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Well it says its not a GUARANTEE that you have d'pression but you seem to be suffering more than most people. So yes you may very well be I guess or at least going through a time where you are experiencing d'pression-like feelings and emotions.

Are you sad? Webb will make you feel better.
    What!? He's the most insensitive guy I know! Don't get me wrong.. I love him.. but he's not into his 'feelings'...

Tai.. here's my two cents.. ***ression is something you don't want to mess with.. BUT in the same regards.. if you tell a doc you think you have it.. he's only gonna push pills on you (which i don't 100% agree with btw). My advice.. try seeking a councelor or a professional to evaluate you.. I did my entire pyschology research perposal on the adverse effects of anti***ressants.. you would not believe some of the horror stories that I've researched and even witnessed.. in some cases it IS necessary.. just be a critical thinker if someone hands you a prescription after talking to you for only 2 minutes..

Quote Originally Posted by lil'Taylor
    What!? He's the most insensitive guy I know! Don't get me wrong.. I love him.. but he's not into his 'feelings'...

Tai.. here's my two cents.. ***ression is something you don't want to mess with.. BUT in the same regards.. if you tell a doc you think you have it.. he's only gonna push pills on you (which i don't 100% agree with btw). My advice.. try seeking a councelor or a professional to evaluate you.. I did my entire pyschology research perposal on the adverse effects of anti***ressants.. you would not believe some of the horror stories that I've researched and even witnessed.. in some cases it IS necessary.. just be a critical thinker if someone hands you a prescription after talking to you for only 2 minutes..
    nah i would never take anti'D's, but i might hav eto find a person to chit chat w/ if things dont get better soon ><

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Been there...

Firstly, I think I remember a thread you started a while back titled "***ression, I don't get it." LOL, but not really...It's serious. I used to be a jackass about people just getting over it or willing it away, etc....and then I just got it. The problem was that I actually enjoyed it on some sick level but it will rob you of the time that you are ***ressed. Personally, IMHO, most therapists will be more than happy to "treat" you by talking about ***ression but it's like most things our bodies experience (Homeostasis!!!!!!!!!!). If you get used to being ***ressed, then your will stay there. I was anti-anti-***ressants but shit, if they can drag you out of a funk then why the hell not. I was F'd up and pissed off for a year and I basically wasted a year being pissed off and unmotivated. Lexapro for two months and it kicked me out. I couldn't come whilst on the shit so I weaned myself off and am fine now but I will not let my pride get in the way of my mental health again. If I spiral down again, then I'll take the meds to pull out of the hole. ***ression ain't good and, if you really are ***ressed, the longer you stay that way, the longer you will think that is the way you are. Seek a better homeostatic mental state. Come on, you're a cocky SOB, I don't want you ***ressed......it is not "you".

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Hey Tai, didn't you post the other day that you're on tren with 0 test? - That could be a big contributory factor surely?

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    Bah, get over it - YOU'RE A 300-LB NINJA!!!

Seriously, there's no reason to be sad dude. Talk it out with a counselor or qualified mental health professional and if you need to, do as they say on Entourage..."Hug it out bitch."

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Can i get an ADMIN to ban her please....this shit is getting outta hand here....first Bino, now my girl is bustin my chops......WTF

SMAN12b is offline Educate B4 U Medicate
    Tai, maybe it is time to go sit down and talk with a professional just to work some of this stuff out !! JMHO and if you are nice to them, they may give you cake after

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall
    Hey Tai, didn't you post the other day that you're on tren with 0 test? - That could be a big contributory factor surely?
    yeah, supposedly but in the past i have done this as well... dropping test, and had no issues what so ever.

in past i thought i was gettin ***ressed but it lasted like one day.. this is lasting like a week+ gettin old and making me kranky as hell

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    yeah, supposedly but in the past i have done this as well... dropping test, and had no issues what so ever.

in past i thought i was gettin ***ressed but it lasted like one day.. this is lasting like a week+ gettin old and making me kranky as hell
    Yeah dude but it is likely a combination of things i.e. zero test levels + gf breakup + low carb diet, all these things on their own may not phase you but together they all contribute to a shitty state of mind.
    I have been through ***ression, it is no joke, I believe a proportion of it is chemical and a proportion is up to you to control. I know this will sound like really obvious and bland advice but just try to constantly focus on each and every positive aspect of your life, make positive changes where you can but don't dwell on that which is beyond your control - things WILL improve with time my man.

lil'Taylor is offline Tied up by WEBB
    Quote Originally Posted by WEBB
    Can i get an ADMIN to ban her please....this shit is getting outta hand here....first Bino, now my girl is bustin my chops......WTF
    i said, "don't get me wrong.. i love him.." - that makes it ok and therefore you can't be mad about it..

nalbano34 is offline Member
    Usually a clinical ***ression is something that has always been there IMO. You sound like you are going through some hard times, and the fact is it is normal to get ***ressed at times, and when a loss is experienced is one factor to bring it on. I suffer from ***ression myself and don't remember life NOT being emotional........big difference. Don't sweat it bro, it's all good.

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger

Thanks there buddie...

I took the test and my result was:

"Do the world a favor and off yourself ASAP"

Now i'm even more ***ressed.
    ***No source checks!!!***

RA
    RA is offline Grade A Beef
    i said, "don't get me wrong.. i love him.." - that makes it ok and therefore you can't be mad about it..

Shes good.

PeteyK is offline Associate Member
    i have never really had "***ression" before lol.. and kinda made fun of people for having it... i would get in a funk for like a day or so but pop right out...

i still train/diet and what not.. as its all habitual now, but like going out w/ who ever and just B.Sing. in general.. doesnt seem appealing.

i went through the same thing for a while, started thinking i had ***ression when my friends would call me and i wouldnt even wanna go out and chill

the only advise i got is to NOT take any of those bullsh*t meds b/c i know ppl who have and they are completely different ppl after but it could have been something else

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyK
    i went through the same thing for a while, started thinking i had ***ression when my friends would call me and i wouldnt even wanna go out and chill

the only advise i got is to NOT take any of those bullsh*t meds b/c i know ppl who have and they are completely different ppl after but it could have been something else
    yeah LOL, well i figured out how to deal w/ it...
    i calld my buddy.. and said hey get me a job..
    he got me a job that can get 50+hrs a week paying 20bux an hour + TnH over time LOL
    so ima WORK my self to death!

Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Is being broke and up to your head in bills equal ***ression?
    ***No source checks!!!***

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    There's all type of ***ression. Rule out Major ***ression because you'd know for sure. Dystymia (which is low-grade chronic ***ression is a possiblity ruled out by a PhD in psychology or an MD in Psychiatry). Maybe it's something transient - a bad mood. Go online and research it. Don't ask people here. If it's troubling and persistent get it diagnosed.

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by roidattack
    Shes good.
    Damn loop holes....CRAP

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i dont know wether you know my situation Tai?i think you do,now im ***ressed to the point of no return lol,if you are truly ***ressed you need to go see some-one,i am and it helps,you will not get yourself out of it if its true ***ression..................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    i dont know wether you know my situation Tai?i think you do,now im ***ressed to the point of no return lol,if you are truly ***ressed you need to go see some-one,i am and it helps,you will not get yourself out of it if its true ***ression..................
    aye, i know ur situation.. lol maybe i shudnt worry so much bout my self

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    I feel for you booz. I've been diagnosed with a "double ***ression" which to me is doubly fvcked and it took me down hard and for years. The level of suffering I wouldn't have wished on anyone not even Lil Bush! The dub ***ression was full blown major ***ression with intermitant low grade ***ression (dystymia). I couldn't function and my self-esteem plummeted. It felt like I was turning into an insect. I always felt like a ***th of character is built out of such trials and tribs and in my case I've become more compassionate, less judgemental, more reflective, and more empathetic. Genrerally, I've found that people are pretty ignorant about ***ression and it's something highly stigmatized. People don't hear it well and people want to make alternative interpretations. Often, people will try to "fix you" with their advice. You hear, oh, I've experienced "***ression" and you just gotta shake it off and pull yourself up by the bootstrings. They were talking about a transcient bad mood. ***ression is an illness of the mind and body and can be life threatening. It's nothing to take lightly and it's especially difficult for men because they are less likely to reach out for help.

When you're ***ressed you tend to be out of perspective in alot of ways. You may interpret neutral feedback as personal slights, for example. ***presives are hyper-sensitive to power cues. Interpersonally, you give off a "bad air." You realize in such cases who your real friends are. It's a reality check that's for sure. I don't know how much all this applies to you and of course it effects different people in different ways. I wish you the best. It's cool that you're getting help

Quote Originally Posted by Booz
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 06-01-2007 at 05:10 PM.

Bojangles69 is offline Banned

Well to be diagnosed with clinical ***ression it has to persist for more than 2 weeks straight. To be diagnosed with chronic ***ression is has to last for 6 months straight or longer.
    Becoming unmotivated, tired, isolating, and changes in eating or sleeping patterns are all common symptoms.
    Thats just off the top of my head I'm sure theres lists everywhere if you google it.

But seriously, the MAJOR #1 most SEVERE symptom you can have which doctors are taught to pay most attention to, because its the most common reported symptom prior to suicide is HOPELESSNESS.

You can be tired, isolated, not eating like usual, but you can still have hope that things will get better. Pay attention to that aspect of your thoughts.

Noone here obviously can tell you WHY your ***ressed.
    If you don't have a history of ***ression it *may just be a phase. But what you need to do is create a timeline in your head from the point you started feeling ***ressed and try to link it to any external factors in your life around that time that surfaced or dissappeared.(like a break up, death, a job promotion can actually provoke ***ression, graduating school, things that SOUND good to the ear don't always have to have a postive affect on your mind) Cycles?

If you CAN'T. That most likely means theres something going on with the chemicals in your head. Either way Id suggest waiting it out for a minimum of a couple a weeks. This is only what doctors recommend, people may not agree with it. But if after 2 weeks straight (that means EVERYDAY) your still feeling symptoms of ***ression, GO GET HELP. Thats all I can really say about this.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69
    Well to be diagnosed with clinical ***ression it has to persist for more than 2 weeks straight. To be diagnosed with chronic ***ression is has to last for 6 months straight or longer.
    Becoming unmotivated, tired, isolating, and changes in eating or sleeping patterns are all common symptoms.
    Thats just off the top of my head I'm sure theres lists everywhere if you google it.

But seriously, the MAJOR #1 most SEVERE symptom you can have which doctors are taught to pay most attention to, because its the most common reported symptom prior to suicide is HOPELESSNESS.

You can be tired, isolated, not eating like usual, but you can still have hope that things will get better. Pay attention to that aspect of your thoughts.

Noone here obviously can tell you WHY your ***ressed.
    If you don't have a history of ***ression it *may just be a phase. But what you need to do is create a timeline in your head from the point you started feeling ***ressed and try to link it to any external factors in your life around that time that surfaced or dissappeared.(like a break up, death, a job promotion can actually provoke ***ression, graduating school, things that SOUND good to the ear don't always have to have a postive affect on your mind) Cycles?

If you CAN'T. That most likely means theres something going on with the chemicals in your head. Either way Id suggest waiting it out for a minimum of a couple a weeks. This is only what doctors recommend, people may not agree with it. But if after 2 weeks straight (that means EVERYDAY) your still feeling symptoms of ***ression, GO GET HELP. Thats all I can really say about this.
    how about 13 months lol.....................

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information