cooksbrut is offline Associate Member

Things Not To Go Cheap On

Is/was there a person/people that you know would always go cheap on something? Here's one of mine! i was visiting my mother this morning and I had to use her bathroom, I should have remembered but I didn't. I went to wipe with the construction paper that she calls toliet paper and I had flashbacks of a sore ass from growing up. Why do people skimp on certain things? sorry.. just a little FIRED UP this morning

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I hate that also. I, myself, buy the TP with aloe in it.

I hate when people go cheap on jelly and buy the store brand. It's hard to beat Smuckers Strawberry Preserves.

Or when people go cheap on bread and buy the 99 c wheat / white bread. C'mon, spend the cash and get the Honey Wheat which is awesome and doesn't tear when you spread the peanut butter.

Oh, and laundry detergent. I only buy Tide with Atlernate Bleach - it's proven to clean clothes better than other leading detergents. I found a site that did research on it.

Orange juice ! You can't beat Tropicana. I hate it when my dad sometimes buys the 1 gallon jug because it's more costly.
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 08-20-2002 at 09:37 AM.

nuke is offline Member
    Ketchup - ONLY HEINZ !! For the love of God whats up with the cheap watery crap !! :-)

skid is offline Banned
    my childhood neighbor always went for the lowest bidder, and it showed ... among countless other problems:

- his paddle-tennis court nearly cracked in half ...
    - his downstairs bathroom addition always backed up ...
    - his front brick planter and stairs broke apart ...
    - and the ultimate: the sprinkler system on his hill was under-spec'd and the thin-walled PVC pipe blew apart, washing a TON of mud onto his driveway ... he couldn't get in/out for two days!

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Ahhhh, John Wayne toilet paper...... Don't take shit from nobody!

tatty is offline Member
    All types of cereal? Why skimp with the cheer-y-Ohs! when the real deal is 25cents more??

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    luckily, my mom never went cheap, eventhought we were kinda poor growing up she always said "we can skimp on some things but not on food!" yeah! so i never ate that crap you guys are talking about..but then i got married some times you gotta go cheap in order to pay bills now granted there are some cheap people but lets not confuse cheap with frugal! but lately its been nothing but the best! hopefully itll continue!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by KeyMastur

Orange juice ! You can't beat Tropicana. I hate it when my dad sometimes buys the 1 gallon jug because it's more costly.
    Boom, that shit used to piss me off. Moms used to by the concentrated shit you put in the freeze untill your ready to drink. Nasty ass, lumped up, frozen orange shit. We aint makin Shmirnoff screwdrivers over here, get me something thats gonna quench my thirst.

Bitter Beer face- Keystone included. A lot of my friends buy cheap ass beverages(this kinda goes along with the OJ)
    Cheap wine-tastes like vinager
    Cheap whiskey- just dissolved my Adams Apple
    Cheap Vodka- Can't smell for a week
    Ya'll are going to have to excuse my rant on cheap alcohol. I'm not drinking for the next 15 wks and could really go for a nice Ciante Classico with my steak most nights.

Toilet paper goes, and so does tissues. I can't have my nose lookin like a Clown prop.

Cheap ass deoderant. I had to buy some 59 cent Do-it-Dry one time on a camping trip.

I could go on about minute things all day long.

David B. is offline Member
    Yeah, cheap TP is a pain.

My mom & dad were selectively cheap when I was a kid. We'd go out on a picnic on the boat and they'd pull out a big box of Little Debbie snack cakes, instead of Hostess. Little Debbies tasted like stale wax. Or they'd buy canned Donald Duck orange juice, which tasted like someone siphoned it out of the lawnmower.

My mom used to always serve canned asparagus, a substance which is rejected by most toxic waste dumps as too foul. I never realized that it was possible for asparagus to taste good until I moved away.

--dnb

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by David B.

My mom used to always serve canned asparagus, a substance which is rejected by most toxic waste dumps as too foul. I never realized that it was possible for asparagus to taste good until I moved away.

--dnb
    How true is this statement right here. I grew up on natural so i guess I was priveledged in the asparagus dept. But I had the canned once at a friends house one time. I almost threw up, but I felt I needed to eat it being a guest and all.

Fresh Asparagus with Hollandais sauce is the best.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    comeon now, lil debby kicks ass. only the debmeister can sit in a hot car for a week and not implode.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

my friend and the massage parlor!!

my boy goes to the chinese massage parlor and gets "rubbed down". he won't go to the spa i go to because it's more expensive so he goes to this asian shit hole.ok that's not the problem.if you wanna go cheap go ahead, BUT he won't go for the handjob because they charge more for it there!!!!!it's like look fuck!!!!!!, yo go to a dump!!at least get jerked the fuck off for having to sit in a hep C bodega!!!for god sake, don't skimp on the handjob!!!that's why people go to those skank house right?!!the chicks are all about cream of sum yung guy!!!

I wouldn't go cheap on clothes.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    OMG cheap tp my grandmother used to buy this sh*t you could put in your tool box to sand a deck with. then she went on this buying bulk kick at the SAM's club, and bought these burgers. nasty I don't know what they were, but they were not beef patties. I still have flashbacks of them today when me, and my uncle would call them donkey burgers, and talk about how they were only good for hockey pucks..

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    My parents didnt make alot of money so we always had the generic cerels, poptarts, koolaide. Then we always wore handme down clothes and shoes. But the good thing, when you start to have money you you usally do the same thing your parents do. I buy real cerel and poptarts but use the cheap tp and soap and shampoo. Gotta save that money.

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    When you go to the store with your dad, and your trying to bulk up and he wont buy chicken or steak. And buys 4 things of Kroger Bologna, says that should work.

And when you went to school those stupid cheap back packs, that where made out of plastic, and would rip apart

shorty2big is offline Member
    Instead of paying for condoms, I just use sandwich bags. j/k

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

shorty!!hahahahahaha

that was great!!! my roomate in LA is asian so he just uses and chewed piece of gum,hahaha

Thread Information