gymnut4u is offline Member

Hey guys , been a while !

Well been very down for the last few months , finished my cycle ,got good gains , but things went to hell about 7 weeks ago , I was @ work walking down the plant (steel mill ) where I work , in the floor there is a 30' x 60' steel floor section that the guys lift out with a crane to get to underground water pumps , anyway one of the guys left a steel ring that is used to hook the lifting chains into to lift it up in the air , it was dark and I steped on it with my left foot , My left knee poped and I cloudnt walk on it , when the guys carried me to firstaid @ the plant and they cut my paint leg off my knee cap and lower leg where out of place , my toes on my left leg where pointing @ my right anckel , and the knee area was as big as an grapefruit , it didnt hurt to much when I did it , kinda hot burning feeling , so off the er we go , when I got there , the doc did x-rays no bone damage ,x-rays only show bone , the doc noticed that the lower part of my left leg was cold to the touch , and the pulse in my foot was not to stroung , so he call in a vascular surgen , he thought I had damaged the blood vessels that run throught the knee to the lower leg !

Well both of them talk for a while , and then tell me that they have to hurt me to help me ! I told them that it couldnt hurt worse that it was already , BIG MISTAKE , they gave me a shot of demarol and came back in one grabbed my uper leg and one grabbed my anckel and pulled and twisted my knee and lower leg back into socket , I can handel pain , but I will tell you that when they got done I was crying like a baby and almost passed out from the pain !!!!!!!!! They then put me in a brace from my hip to my anckel to keep it streached out , crutches and sent me home .

I went to and orthopedic surgon the next day and went under the knife the day after , they repaired 2 legments , 1 tendon , cartlage and removed some scar tissue.

I am still in the brace it has been three weeks since the op and have lost 15 lbs , I can stand on it but it still kills to bend it , I go back this morning to the doc to see if it is time to get the brace off and start rehab , it has killed me to not be able to hit the gym everyday , my lady takes me two days a week and loads the plates for me so I can try to keep the upper body growing .

Thanks guys for giveing me the time to vent and tell this story , as The man has said in the past ( ILL BE BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    gymnut

nuke is offline Member
    BRo, I felt your pain reading that. I am very sorry to hear that.

Prayers are w/u and I am sure you will recover rapidly....
    now get to the gym and train upperbody !!!!

-OUT
    Nuke

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Hey bro, sorry for that man. Almost the same thing happened to my buddy. Just finished his cycle, gained 27 pounds and tore his ACL, MCL, and ripped the quad from the bone. Lost everything.
    Physical therapy is a long and tedious process but at least the hard part is over bro.
    Good luck with it and hopefully you'll be back in the gym sooner than later.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    That sucks, I've been there with the knee. It'll get better once they take that stupid brace off (hard to get in and out of a car). Rehab ain't to bad, the ice they put on hurts like hell and the machine which makes your knee bend sucks as well, but that's about it.

Speedy recovery.

skid is offline Banned
    hey bro, sorry to hear about that - my dad had two separate knee surgeries (they self-destructed about 10 years apart) but was faithful to his Phys Therapy and made a full recovery ... it hurts like the dickens, but you'll be right as rain shortly - good luck!

MindBomb is offline Member
    First of all, I am glad to see you back. And I am sorry that you went thru all that. Hope you'll get better soon.

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    I hope you have a quick recovery bro! Glad to see you're back!

Thanks for all the kind words peeps , good news , went to the doc friday the doc says the knee is healing better than he thought it would , I am out of the brace and start rehab on wed . I dont know if there are any (as) left in my blood stream @ this point been off for 5 weeks now but , I have always healed fast . almost all of the swelling and bruiseing are gone and I can bend it some . I am thinking about some deca for a few weeks to maybe help in the rehab any ideas ??????
    thanks gymnut

bump ::::any ideas on (as) to help in recovery ??????????????

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    Hadn't seen you around in a while bro, Hope you are all back to normal soon, as for the deca advise, I would hold off. Alot of time, the AS can in fact help you to gain size and strength when injured, but it also hides anything that could be going wrong with your body's natural recovery/rehab. I personally dont recommend AS for injury recovery. The damage that you have done seems like its pretty severe, I would hold off on the AS until you are 75-85% done with your recovery/rehab. Good luck!
    -Cy

Thread Information