KeyMastur is offline VET

Lance Armstrong - A Great Book !!

If anyone ever gets bored and needs a good book to read, I recommend this one. All of you should know who Lance Armstrong is, and if you don't, shame on you. This book tells about his trials of life, battles with cancer, facing death, and then starting all over again. You think you've got it bad, see how his life was once.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lance Armstrong - A Great Book !!-lance-armstrong.jpg  

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Lance is also drug free. He has undergone countless tests, constantly. The French have accused him of using, and have been trying to prove it for quite a while.

Unless his chemist/doctor is a magician, Lance is dominating the tour de france every year clean, against competition that is NOT!
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im sure his using.
    As im sure alot of the top athlets are (in most sports). Just because you dont get caught dosnt mean you are clean. Im sure some people get a free lane on the drug testing. And how would it be possible to take some guy on EPO when you are clean? Itīs not like all the guys thats been caught using in the tour de france was bad riders. Armstrong is a juice head.
    Last edited by palme; 08-27-2002 at 12:23 PM.

Cali is offline Female Member
    UGH!
    Last edited by Cali; 08-27-2002 at 01:03 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Cali?
    I thought i was a nice guy? Guess im a jerk.

Lance is tested constantly. People cannot accept that he is natural. If he wasn't, he would have been caught. There are a lot of people in the cycling world who would love to catch him. I personally, believe he is clean. My husband is a competitive cyclist, and I follow cycling in general, and the tour in detail, all the time.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by palme
    Armstrong is a juice head.
    I can't believe you would say something so stupid! Lance has been tested so many times it's not even funny, they actually go to his house and test him there without warning and he has never popped positive. The stupid French suck at EVERYTHING so of course they'll make up some bullshit.

This man is an inspiration to every cancer survivor on the planet. His book has helped countless athletes as well as millions of cancer survivors throughout our great country and probably the entire world. Many in my family have used his inspiration to motivate themselves to beat cancer. I have nothing but the utmost respect for this man as do so many.

Your comment has no merit. You should read his book and maybe you'll see what this great man is all about.

Palme, I am not sure how much you know about cycling. But one of the reasons that Lance dominates the tour against people who are using EPO is that he trains SPECIFICALLY for the tour.

And by that, I mean, he doesn't care how many races he does the rest of the season. Almost everyone he is competing against in the tour du france have also down the tour du Spain, tour du Italy, the Paris Robielle, etc. Hard, difficult races, that all contain different challenges.

Meanwhile, Lance is doing those mountains in the tour du france course over and over and over again. Also, the fact that he spends 6-10 hours on his bike everyday, and works on his time trial over and over doesn't hurt either. I am not saying that those other cyclists are not training their asses off, they are. But athletes understand this, if you want to be good at something, you must train for that something you want to be good at.

Plus, he had the best team. His spanish teammate helped on 2 of the most important climbs of this year's tour, and without him, Lance would have had a lot harder time winning.

Dad6 is offline New Member
    With the amount of tests and supervision, if he wasn't clean the French would have nailed him. they keep testing and re-testing his urine...I guess they will just keep re testing it until they get the results that say:

"See! No way an American can beat us 4 times in a row at our own sport!".

go for 6, Lance!

PWROF2 is offline New Member
    Obviously he tests positive for cancer related treatments? Aren't some cancer treatments designed to increase blood cells to boost immune system and oxygen capabilities? Is it possible he may have test. issues from the cancer and be on medication to elevat test. levels back to 'normal'? I hear that the IOC test. ratios are much higher than your 'average' guys level to ensure that people with 'naturally' high levels do not test positive for elevated test. ratios. With the ability to test ratios 'inhouse' athletes can elevate their natural levels to within the guidelines.
    I am in NO way saying Lance has deliberately manipulated the system nor his condition to gain an advantage and I am sure the combination of his intense competative spirit and natural genetics are the base of his domination of the tour and IF he has 'bent' the rules, does this make him any less of a champion?
    Just my thoughts here folks - no disrespect intended nor implied..

Thread Information