Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

The Rules of Life

Hey I know this is a bit deep but it is worth a read and keeps things into perspective (well it does for me)Sorry edraven it was rules of life not the rocks!!

RULES OF LIFE

A philosophy professor stood before his class and had some items in front of him. When the class began, wordlessly he picked up a large empty Mayonnaise jar and proceeded to fill it with rocks about 2" in diameter
    He then asked the students if the jar was full?

They agreed that it was.
    So the professor then picked up a box of pebbles and poured them into the jar. He shook the jar lightly. The pebbles, of course, rolled into the the open areas between the rocks.

He then asked the students again if the jar was full.
    They agreed it was. The students laughed. The professor picked up a box of sand and poured it into the jar. Of course, the sand filled up everything else.

"Now," said the professor, "I want you to recognise that this is your life.
    The rocks are the important things - your family, your partner, your health, your children - things that if everything else was lost and only they remained, your life would still be full.

The pebbles are the other things that matter like your job, your house, your car and BB ;-)

The sand is everything else. The small stuff." "If you put the sand into the jar first, there is no room for the pebbles or the rocks. The same goes for your life. If you spend all your time and energy on the small stuff, you will never have room for the things that are important to you

Pay attention to the things that are critical to your happiness
    Play with your children. Take time to get medical check-ups. Take your Partner out dancing. There will always be time to go to work, clean the house, give a dinner party and fix the disposal."

"Take care of the rocks first - the things that really matter.”
    Set your Priorities.

The rest is just sand.

Billy

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Great Post Billy Boy

Hey Billy,
    Good Post. I am a firm believer in spending quality time with your children and giving back to the community. I never really thought about how much my lids looked up to me until my ex-wife caught my little boy shaving his body hair because he wanted to be just like PaPa and enter into BodyBuilding. He was only 7 years old at the time!(Boy was she pissed!!) People, always remember this, as a BodyBuilder with any significant gains that kids will notice you are setting an example that they will follow. The question is are you leading them down the road to a bright future or setting the course for pitfalls and heartache. This has been one of the areas that concerns me the most about AS. I would never disclose my personal life about AS to kids but at the same time I kinda fell like a hypocrite preaching lift natural,eat healthy and lift hard. There are alot of people who look up to me in my neighborhood, those that I have trained in the past as well as all of my kids friends. I am always very careful how I conduct my behavior and actions while around them. If I ever had a legacy, I would want it to be that I spend time educating those about physical fittness who were truely interested. Having knowledge about any one particular subject does not impress me. It is what you do with that knowledge in helping others that counts. I guess that is why I admire so many here at AR. Like I said, Good post Billy. You have brought to our attention a lesson that we can all learn from and ask ourselves if our priorities are in the right place or not.
    Thanks,
    Tobey

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Tobey

Why are you a fraud teaching the kids to eat right train naturally ? We all started at that point no matter what age or how many cycles we have performed.

I have a little girl and for me she is the reason I live it really is that simple.She,s foremost before anything I could ever want or need and spending time with her is what I look forward to.

Another comment you made was about knowledge and so many people have it but refuse to share it.Whats the point Thats what I enjoy about AR for every 1% of knowledge I invest it is increased ten fold by what I read.

Life is a one constant learning curve some people just close their minds to that fact than wonder why people are happier more successful in life then them.

The Rules of Life just appeals to me and some relate to it others think WTF !!

Glad you enjoyed bro

Billy

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    good post. i'll bump that.

Mike Guest
    Tobey -

You're not a hypocrate - you're a father - that makes you exempt. Member the phrase do as I say not as I do? Well I am sure you grew up being told to lift natural and healthy. And that is how they should hear it as well until they are at an age where they are mature enough to look at all possible facets involved and make an educated decision for themselves based on all sides of the criteria . You're doing a good job bud.

Morg is offline Junior Member
    good post!dont apologize for bein deep others should be sorry for there shallowness

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    This deserves a bump. Good post Billy!

Improving is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

Bump that. Great post Billy. Sometimes I get so carried away with the BB lifestyle that so much gets tossed along the wayside. Nice reminder and a great analogy. Big props.

Improving

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    that is a good outlook on life

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Ive heard that too, but the version I heard had the instructor pour water in and soaked up all the sand and completely filled the jar.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    I am glad I read this thread...
    Thanks

decadbal is offline Banned
    such sweet replies by all....awww

Thread Information