adaptations is offline Member

If Married, HOwd you all propose?

Just wondering, How did everyone propose to there wife/fiance?

Im trying to get some ideas, I have some good stuff in my mind as it is, but id like to hear some other stories, and there creative way...so maybe ill be able to intergrate some ideas....

anybody?

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    Well bor I'm going to NY in Feb taking the gf to the empire state building and gonna propose at the top. being from the UK that should do nicely

Yes being from the UK..thatd be cool....GOOD LUCK! lol
    Im from boston im gonna do it soon! Ive been planning it for a while..
    Was thinking about taking her to a nice dinner, and having it planned with the restraunt ad everything but now that i tihni of it, i may want it more personal...ya know?

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    I hid the ring in the house (her jewelry box no less) and placed sticky notes with rhyming couplets telling her to go different places to get to the next sticky. In short a treasure hunt. It took about seven notes. Along the way, she had to find the champagne, glasses, phone (to call me...I wasnt there, but close by), flowers, and something else (i dont recall). I surprised her, cause she just thought it was a "special night". The ring sure surprised her!

ladies i see your browsing....feel free to share your experiences as well..
    Something youd like from the guy...or how youd always pictured it...

MM...i know you got something up yoursleeve..you always got soemthing interesting to say

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    nice one, I then intent taking her to the Arnold.....yeah I know!

Originally posted by jeffylyte
    I hid the ring in the house (her jewelry box no less) and placed sticky notes with rhyming couplets telling her to go different places to get to the next sticky. In short a treasure hunt. It took about seven notes. Along the way, she had to find the champagne, glasses, phone (to call me...I wasnt there, but close by), flowers, and something else (i dont recall). I surprised her, cause she just thought it was a "special night". The ring sure surprised her!
    Those are always cool....She did that for me on Xmas, started off with a little poem...which led me to the next poem with a present...all the poems reminised of special occasions through out our time together,,,

MinnieMe is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by adaptations
    ladies i see your browsing....feel free to share your experiences as well..
    Something youd like from the guy...or how youd always pictured it...

MM...i know you got something up yoursleeve..you always got soemthing interesting to say
    Now how would you know... what i have up my sleeve...........lol.... ...lol...i'm kidding..

Well if it were me.. i would want my man, to pull a "Walt Disney Act" on me....a very fairy taleish one at that...

Good luck,

MinnieMe

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Dress up like a knight and tell her you are her "knight in shining armor"

Originally posted by MinnieMe

Now how would you know... what i have up my sleeve...........lol.... ...lol...i'm kidding..

Well if it were me.. i would want my man, to pull a "Walt Disney Act" on me....a very fairy taleish one at that...

Good luck,

MinnieMe
    Hmmm..........I see what your saying...
    I was thiking this...(she always told me since the day we met...that the one she would marry would be the one who gave her blue roses...so blue roses is a MUST)
    Go to a restraunt...To have a nice dinner.
    Have the whole night planned with the restraunt..
    while having dinner, Have a witress or waiter, one by one, come with a blue rose, and witht he rose itll have a peice of a poem...given to her...
    Then after 11 are given to her....Ill excuse myself to do soemthign..not sure what yet....Get the 12th rose,
    Come back with the rose, get on my knee....spit of my speach and give her the ring....

that sound good?

Tell me if it isnt..because iw ant it to be perffect

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I don't think that sounds good - just my opinion. Why not a picnic in a quiet place ? Where do you live (state) ? - give me a general idea of your surroundings as well.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I just pulled it out and said "Take it or leave it!"

J\K,

Check a diamond is forever website, they have a shit load of proposal ideas as well as some other sites on the net.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by Vegas Kid
    I just pulled it out and said "Take it or leave it!"
    lemme guess, you're single now ?

Originally posted by KeyMastur
    I don't think that sounds good - just my opinion. Why not a picnic in a quiet place ? Where do you live (state) ? - give me a general idea of your surroundings as well.
    See thats what im saying, id rather a quiet more personal approach to it.

I live in MA...boston Area...well 20 mins north...

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I live in MA...boston Area...well 20 mins north...
    you live close to where i'm at right now (portland, me). anyways, you've got beautiful scenery up here - use it. a nice quiet sail to a small island to have a picnic ? (if you're close to the shore). any big oak trees in a secluded place?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    use your friends too, they can help set stuff up. my buddy had a dinner one night. behind him, his friends lit up candles on a hill that said "marry me"

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    a friend of mine was in the car with his gf and said

"you wanna get hitched or what?"

he cracks me up

Portland..Hmm..i was up there 2 weeks ago...
    Anywas, I like the whole sailing to a secluded island..one thing though...i dont sail., nor do i own one...Hmm...

The bik oak tree....Picnin idea....i like that....
    She always told me a picnic with jst PBn J would be more romantic than a big fancy dinner

KeyMastur is offline VET
    The bik oak tree....Picnin idea....i like that....
    She always told me a picnic with jst PBn J would be more romantic than a big fancy dinner
    well there ya go......now just find out if she likes grape or strawberry. and if it's strawberry - make it preserves !

Originally posted by jeffylyte
    a friend of mine was in the car with his gf and said

"you wanna get hitched or what?"

he cracks me up
    sorry bro that wont cut it lol....

Hmmm..........I see what your saying...
    I was thiking this...(she always told me since the day we met...that the one she would marry would be the one who gave her blue roses...so blue roses is a MUST)
    Go to a restraunt...To have a nice dinner.
    Have the whole night planned with the restraunt..
    while having dinner, Have a witress or waiter, one by one, come with a blue rose, and witht he rose itll have a peice of a poem...given to her...
    Then after 11 are given to her....Ill excuse myself to do soemthign..not sure what yet....Get the 12th rose,
    Come back with the rose, get on my knee....spit of my speach and give her the ring....

that sound good?

Tell me if it isnt..because iw ant it to be perffect

Well since you are asking me...lol..... I would say.. use your own judgment.. you know her better then anyone of us here.. so just be creative, sincire, and to the point in a fairy taleish sort of way...and WHALA!!!.......she'll turn into Cinderella, and you'll be her long lost Prince...and both of you will happily ever after......

Now if you could hold off and propose around midnight.......would be a good thing too.....you know they say.. good things come to those who wait until midnigt...again good luck.....

Your wedding planner,

MinnieMe

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Just wanted to say good luck to you bro!

Something private would be nice

Thanks Palme...i know shell says yes....she telle\s me all the time...but ill still keep everyone up todate....

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    well, i got my wife"knocked up" so there wasnt much to it!we went down to the JP payed 20$ and then we hit the mcdonalds for some .99cent cheeseburgers, man that was the happiest day of my life!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    How about that line from the movie "The Bachelor" : you win

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Try your best to find a very romantic place....ie, on top of a moutnian, on top of a high rise building (with a resturant on top), in a nice park (like a Central Park place), at her favorite resturant.....or take her away somewhere. Since you live in the boston area if you can, wait until you get some snow and take her to a resort have the fire rollin', have the dishs done (you have to cook for her on this night) sit in fornt of the fire with some bubbly and then when you bring her dessert have the ring sitting on top of the cake, sundae, strwberries, you ge tthe idea. This is something a lot of guys may have done. But you get my general idea.

As long as it comes from your heart, she will be yours bro. You know her better than any of us.....only you can decide what is going to make her melt.

Just don't use Vegas's method "Take it or leave it" (funny shit). Or the "You want to get hitched" method.

Good luck bro!

Thanks butch..ill figure something out..i just thought id throw it out in here and see what everyones ideas were....and try and put together the perfect moment....

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Thanks butch..ill figure something out..i just thought id throw it out in here and see what everyones ideas were....and try and put together the perfect moment....
    I think you are smart....getting other peoples ideas. You can then piece them together and come up with something for you. Good idea!

Thats my plan Foo!!!!!!!!!!!

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    How about that line from the movie "The Bachelor" : you win
    What about: "Shit or get off the pot."

flex321 is offline Member
    I like how LG man did it. I don't know about your girls family, but If I proposed to my girl. I would probbly take her father out for acouple drinks one night and ask him/tell him I was going to propose to his daughter and all that. Then I would plan something were her family/parents would be there also and propuse.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Oh, definitely ask the parents - not just the father, for their permission before. That's a given. I'm not into the whole family being there while I'm trying to propose act.

Theres no question about that(WEALL HAD A DISCUSSION ON THIS< I STARTED A THREAD A WHILE BACK), ill def ask her father if not BOTH ther parents.....looks like i gotta suck it up grow some balls and talk to the soon to be father in law...

flex321 is offline Member
    Theres no question about that(WEALL HAD A DISCUSSION ON THIS< I STARTED A THREAD A WHILE BACK), ill def ask her father if not BOTH ther parents.....looks like i gotta suck it up grow some balls and talk to the soon to be father in law...
    Lmao! my girls father is a great guy, but I would still be scared shitless to ask him if I could marry his daughter.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    hey man i just wanted to say good luck to ya! Im not married so im not going to give you any advice (as it will not be helpfull to your situation) but im sure it will work out for you.

peace

Flex...Yea hes a good guy...and we get along...but ya know..this isnt the normal "Hey hows your day going?" kinda question...
    Im taking his baby girl away from him!!!! HEHEHeee

Syma...thanks for the words bro...Everything will work out just fine...

Little Girl....I love your Mans idea....Soulnds like something i would do...ver sparatic, and not too much too it...but to the point, and very meaningful1!!!!!

Talking whatcha think....

you live close to where i'm at right now (portland, me). anyways, you've got beautiful scenery up here - use it. a nice quiet sail to a small island to have a picnic ? (if you're close to the shore). any big oak trees in a secluded place?

..Okay.. so we're at a beach now.. having a picnic..right.......Okay.. well first of all....please don't tell her where you're taking her..or what you're doing.. let her think its an ordinary quality time type of occasion... go somewhere else before.. the beach to kind of throw her off.. ( mentally..).. then once you've made your way to the beach... continue on with your wonderful day, full of laughter, and emotions just going wild...and proceed with your picnic... when you feel the need to find a stopping point then casually take a walk down the shore, while holding hands of course.........preferable somewhere quiet.... where from a distance .. she sees a dozen of blue roses surrounding:either a lead to your question.. or better yet.. The question already engraved in the wet sand.......Then you pop out the ring, baby..and whala.. let the fireworks begin...........RIGHT THERE.............

Whatcha think about that..

I know.. i know. you're gonna need some assistance... perhaps you can have a friend or two..to go to the same beach without her knowing..

Gawd if you can pull that shit off... i just may marry you..........

MinnieMe

AnabolLecter75 is offline Junior Member
    On our anniversary, I took my fiance to a park, and gave her a book I made that had all these memento's from things we did together. Then I made the last place a page to put something on for the day I proposed to her, and as she was reading it I pulled out the ring. Not too creative, but for me it was!

winny100 is offline Junior Member
    i went shoping bought the ring then was trying some clothes on and ended up proposing by dragging her into the mens cahnging room

i could not wait as i palnned lol

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    hey adaptations, just curious, how old are you bro?

Thread Information