MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Back to school & Back to the school gym :-(

Well it's that time of year again. Back to school and back to the school gym.
    As I'm sure most of you know: This means all the freshmen guys will be flocking to the gym in their wife beaters, and posing in the mirror after each set...trying to see if their 11 inch arms are getting bigger w/ every half assed set they do
    I got my first taste of it today and I'm dreading the next few weeks.
    5 of them marched in, all of them under 140lbs, and take a guess where they started out? Yep you guessed it....The Bench Press lol One of them got right on the bench w/ the rest of his buddies huddled around like a pack of wolves, and of course w/ out a warmup, and tried putting up 2 plates. Needless to say the bar pinned him down and his friends had to lift it up for him.
    God almighty Please tell me I'm not the only one that has to deal w/ these fools. I know they'll all be gone in a few weeks but these first few weeks are almost intolerable....

M

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    I work out next to a gym on campus, not on campus, but everyone and their mom's on campus go there. Anywho, it started yesterday...sheesh. Everywhere, little boys running around in beaters doing bicep curls and bench, thats it....I mean, can't blame em, all you need is big arms and a big chest and ur set right???That's all the hunnys look at right. Who needs a back when you got a chest... X1,000.

These guys are f-cking fools and they'll all probably be juicing by Thursday when they don't get the 'results' their after. Eating their whopping 1200 calories and drinking another 1200 in beer. Fugg em, next time you see em, give em a little most muscular and slip immediately into a rear double bi and make their piss their pants. fuckin nancy's.

Everywhere, little boys running around in beaters doing bicep curls and bench, thats it....
    Sounds like we're at the same gym
    Serenity NOW!!!!

M

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Weird, same shit here in Sweden.

It most be a global phenomenon

Well, the first thing I'm going to do is SQUATS when I get to start using the school gym again.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Fugg em, next time you see em, give em a little most muscular and slip immediately into a rear double bi and make their piss their pants. fuckin nancy's.
    bahaha, thats funny...=) what a nancy?

jeez, yall are harsh! hmm, lets see...what did i do in the school gym when i was a freshman...bench and curls...err..doh...=/

yall gotta think more positive. sure there are a bunch of zit faced freshman wasting time on what should be >your< bench. but i'm sure there are a lot of tight bodied freshman girls who turn their noses up at the freshman guys, but would love to hang out with an older more experienced senior...

-clocky baby

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Back to school & Back to the school gym :-(

Originally posted by MBaraso
    One of them got right on the bench w/ the rest of his buddies huddled around like a pack of wolves, and of course w/ out a warmup, and tried putting up 2 plates. Needless to say the bar pinned him down and his friends had to lift it up for him.
    two plates on either side or two plates total? if its two plates total, thats funny...=)

-clocky baby

flex321 is offline Member
    I just transfered to a new school this semester I'm a junior, but I will be the new guy in the gym. I'll be by myself so hopefully I meet someone to workout with. I don't dorn thier so meeting people at school isn't that easy.

I hope there arn't any dicks like you there that are worrying about what I'm doing at the gym and critizing me.

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Easy on the wife beater geeks...at least there doing something and not getting all fat and nasty...as long as they are working out I wont decapitate them, but when they they start to sit around finger fucking each others arms they will be ejected!!!

Good reasoning, FaTbAcK.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    Everywhere, little boys running around in beaters doing bicep curls and bench, thats it....I mean, can't blame em, all you need is big arms and a big chest and ur set right???That's all the hunnys look at right. Who needs a back when you got a chest... X1,000.

Thats one of my friends right their. He hits the gym 2 times a week and only does chest and arms. The whole time bitching because he busts his ass and never gains anything x1,000 is right.
    I try telling the MoFo, if you don't train the body, don't expect it to grow.
    He's a pretty good spotter though.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Back to school & Back to the school gym :-(

Originally posted by MBaraso
    One of them got right on the bench w/ the rest of his buddies huddled around like a pack of wolves, and of course w/ out a warmup, and tried putting up 2 plates.
    M
    I am also curios - 2plates on each side or 2 plates total.

I work at a gym an the other day two kids came in (this is a true story lol) they looked like they could maybe rep at 95lbs AT MOST!!!! So they jump right on the bench and what do they put on.....205!! yes folks a 45 and a 35 on EACH side. The trainer saw this before i did and ran over and bitched at em. Oh god she probably saved their lives

enjoy school man....

He had 2 plates on each side of the bar. But by looking at this kid he probably couldn't bench 1 plate on either side, which there is nothing wrong w/ that. It just piss's me off when these kids come in the gym knowing nothing and trying to lift more then what they are able to.
    I don't discourge anyone from wanting to better themselves by working out, infact I encourge them to do so, but when they take 10 min breaks between sets or do things like not putting the weights back or dumbbells etc.. I get aggravated.
    And Flex don't call me a dick. I'm not a gym Nazi that stands in the gym critizing people for bad form etc.. But when these kids are standing around in herds bullshitting, playing grab ass, or whatever the fuck they do. It piss's me off because like most of us, I have a very busy schedual, and I don't have the time to wait around for a bunch of jerk offs who are taking 10 min breaks inbetween sets to get done.

M

thegame01 is offline Member
    hey bro i hear ya man.But alote of us probably started out doing the same thing . Just think a couple weeks go by quick then you dont have to deal with them .

the ones that are interested can maybe learn alote from people like you bro .Show them the way so they dont get hurt and stupid.

It's so nice to have everything you need in your basement lol.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    What about the gym "Baller". You know, the guy who thinks he owns the joint? There's one of those at my gym, now listen...he has great tone and has awesome definition..but he is by no means, "ballin" enough to scream like a wild orangutang when he is doing his exercises. Hey what is this exercise called? He does it all the time. Trying to figure this one out for a while...when you throw 10 plates a side on the leg press and unlock the weight and seem to do some kind of nothing. He seems to moans real loud like he's making whoopy and makes sure everyones sees him sitting their not moving the weight. One of these days I strive to be like him. He must get a lot of ass.

What about the gym "Baller".
    Yep we have those guys too
    Thegame: your right, and as a matter of fact I helped out some kid today. It's just the ones that think they're bad that really get to me...
    Anyone else notice how cocky some of these 18yr old kids are??
    I know when I was 18 I wasn't cocky to a guy twice my size.
    It seems that these younger guys are more fearless then they were in the past. And I'm not even that old lol
    Fck em. They'll be gone in a few weeks anyway :-)

M

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Yup,walked in the gym yesterday, headed to the squat rack (which nobody is ever on) and after my sets here they came.

2 guys in their 20's, one fat, the other looked like a hippie and he was wearing penny loafers without socks. Well they headed over to the d-bells and one guy grabbed the 35's. He proceeded to do some curls but it really looked like snatches cuz his body was moving so much. Anyways, 3 sets and they were spent. Funny part was the buy with the loafers was so tired that he wasn't looking in front of him and he kicked the plate tree with his loafer. I couldn't stop laughing as he was reeling in pain.

Jack ass.

MB I didn't mean to strike you personally. I was just saying that it seems kinda childish to put down kids that you don't even know on a message board. I don't really care, but I do see how it gets on your nerves I guess.

I just hate seeing terrible form in the school gym.

That's ok flex but can you honestly say that no one has ever pissed you off in the gym??

M

The only thing that bothers me is not being able to get my routine done quickly because I have to wait for the equiptment. It's not anyones fault that a gym doesn't have alot of equiptment for everyone. So if you goto a small gym it's inevitable that you will have to workin with someone or wait till they finish. But I understand your point.

The school gym is actually kind of cool because it's free. No one is there anyway because it seems kids my age don't seem to want to get in shape nowadays. So, you know, it's a pretty good deal and certainly not a waste of time.

Thread Information