08-31-2002, 07:44 PM #1Retired IRON CHEF Mod
- Join Date
- Dec 1969
Yet a little more triva for my brothers and sisters here at AR
I already posted this in the reciepe section as I have been known for someing up with some pretty interesting stuff, but I thought that I would post it here as well.
Water or Coke
We all know that water is important but I’ve never
seen it written down like this before.
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
> (Likely applies to half of the world population)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so
weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s
metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger
pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a
5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of
water a day could significantly ease back and joint
pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy
short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and
difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the
risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the
risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less
likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should every
1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol
carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove
blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it
will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour,
then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes
stains from vitreous china.
4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub
the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap
aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour
a can of Coca- Cola over the terminals to bubble away
6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in
Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into
the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and
bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished,
remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with
the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.
8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke
into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run
through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help
loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze
from your windshield.
For Your Info
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid.
Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4
days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones
and is a major contributor to the rising increase in
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the
commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place
cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of coke have been using it to
clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
Now the question is, would you like a glass of water
08-31-2002, 10:07 PM #2
Wow, good to know! Will someone please test out that T-bone steak trick?
09-01-2002, 02:21 AM #3
printed and showing to my roommmates right now. i cut all soft drinks outta my diet over 6 months ago. this post just solidifies the notion that i made the right decision...=)
09-01-2002, 10:52 AM #4
top notch post!
I was a 3 2 liter a day dr pepper fan, since i stopped drinking it and starting eating clean and working out ive lost a total of 65 pounds so far.
Im keeping this in a text file, great modivation to keep the water intake up!
thanks for another great post!
09-01-2002, 08:37 PM #5Associate Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
Amazing! Good post! I'm gonna go have a ..... Beer!
09-01-2002, 08:43 PM #6
Good thing I drink Pepsi.
09-02-2002, 01:23 AM #7
Put a coin in a coke over night and see what happends
09-02-2002, 01:08 PM #8
What happens to the coin Palme?
09-02-2002, 02:01 PM #9
It will shine up nicely.
Good thing I've never liked drinking any kind of soft drink.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)