Big Show 23 Guest

This IMO is so sad

Depressing post This is a thread from another bodybuilding forum.Personally I find some of the responses less then stellar.You read the thread and you'll see what I mean

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    dude, you have to be kidding, WHO CARES if he drinks. teens drink all the time, and yes, teens can handle their alcohol. get a grip.

Big Show 23 Guest
    Originally posted by TestTubeBaby
    teens can handle their alcohol. get a grip.
    You've got to be kidding me!!!You're going to tell me that you actually think it's alright for a teenager to be drinking to the point of intoxication. Give Me A Break!!Teenagers don't have the mental maturity to handle drinking in a responsible way.Hell some adults can handle alcohol responsibly that's why you have groups like AA to help Alcoholics.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Big Show 23

You've got to be kidding me!!!You're going to tell me that you actually think it's alright for a teenager to be drinking to the point of intoxication. Give Me A Break!!Teenagers don't have the mental maturity to handle drinking in a responsible way.Hell some adults can handle alcohol responsibly that's why you have groups like AA to help Alcoholics.
    Don't sweat it Big Show, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Aragorn

tatty is offline Member
    It's inevitable that teens will drink. I'm not saying it's right, but that's been the case for awhile...almost the same deal with cigarettes...which is such a shame.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i have two opinions on this.

first off, my sister is in rehab for some nasty stuff. i go support her and all that stuff so i see a lot of people who's lives have been ruined by alcohol and they take it and its effects (affects?) very seriously. its very sad and sobering to hear these people's stories, so yes on the one hand, underage drinking and irresponsible drinking are terrible things.

second off, through my own experience, i've found that most (not all) people tend to drink totally irresponsibly as under age teenagers. me and all my friends did. drank till we puked, drank some more, then puked again. as we got older (hell, we're not that old...only 22), we started to drink less and less. infact, i went to party last night, the first party of the school year, and i had 3 beers...thats it. my point is, everyone drinks irresponsibly as a youngster but most people outgrow it when they get older...its just a part of the learning experience in life.

oh yeah, i live in texas...appearently the underage drinking capital of the US. now i gotta go find some high school parties and capitalize on em...=)

-clocky baby
    Last edited by clockworks; 08-31-2002 at 05:07 PM.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    oops, didn't mean to post this extra reply, how do i delete it?

God, a lot of the guys on that board sure are immature.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by Big Show 23

So itīs ok to have a few beers when your a teen? But not so you become drunk?

I have friends that been alcoholics from the age of 16, they are 22 now. Can you say wasted life on a park bench?

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    So I am 19 i can die for this country but, yet i cant drink in this country.

Thats a lil fucked up in my opinion. You should be able to drink at 18.

What's the hurry to drink? Is it any more fun than drinking a soda or a chocolate milk? Does it taste any better? Certainly not. What's the point of putting something down your throught, so that later on in life you can become an alcoholic. Teens should NOT be able to drink.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I use to drink when i was a teen, just so I could be cool but when you turn 21 and are able to drink, you dont really give a shit about it cause you dont care anymore. Its just the thrill of drinking when your a teen.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    1) being from louisiana (the REAL underage drinking capital) I am of the opinion that we as a nation need to decide what the age of adulthood is. Its totally screwed up that I can be a parent at 14, executed for something I did at 16 (or married, same difference), die for my country and vote at 18, but not drink till 21. Just make it all the same age. IF 18 fine, if 21 fine if 16 fine. Europe doesnt have nearly as much problems and they are much more lenient.

2) everybody should be able to live thier lives and pay the consequences of thier actions without interference from other people. If somebody wants to drink till they puke then so be it, just dont let them in a car. It really is no business of ours. some people will find a way to get addicted. Alcohol, cigarrettes, drugs, steroids , sex, religion, doesnt matter.

3) personally I probably drank a lot more in HS and college than most anybody here. I started at 12. In HS, I would drink ~5 days/week including at school. In college, I moved that up to ~6/days (mmm around teh world drinking on sundays at the chimes) for 3 years in college. What has that got me? Degrees in chem/phys, PhD in Engineering, and postdoctoral work in engineering at an Ivy League. I rarely drink anymore.

i dont think the laws preventing 18 yearolds drinking do anything.

Thread Information