Thread: american idol?

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member

american idol?

did anyone see that american idol? boy did it suck! iwould never cheer much less pick up the phone and vote for any of those punks. and was it me or did all those "guys" look gay, not that there is anything wrong with being gay if thats what you choose to be, but man the whole world is gonna think there is not one tough straight man in the USA. are there any singers on the board? if so what did you guys think?

BELLICOSE is offline Banned

Re: american idol?

Originally posted by maguilagorilla
    did anyone see that american idol? boy did it suck! iwould never cheer much less pick up the phone and vote for any of those punks. and was it me or did all those "guys" look gay, not that there is anything wrong with being gay if thats what you choose to be, but man the whole world is gonna think there is not one tough straight man in the USA. are there any singers on the board? if so what did you guys think?
    i sing and my opinion on this whole matter is that skinny gay looking guys get ratings. They not only win over the pre-teen/teen girl crowd(which is half of the viewers), but the girls that like the gentle, personable guys.
    I have been in musicals and went to Nationals last year in a small ensemble, you don't have to be gay to sing. It takes a little natural ability, alot of confidence, and alot of practice.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Didn't watch the show once. I'll stick to Kareokee! Much more entertaining.

"The original lounge lizard"

i never said you had to be gay to sing what i said was that i thuoght all those "guys" looked gay, but anyway what did you think were they anygood?

tatty is offline Member
    I like singing in karaoke too, but i'm only a little above average. As far as I'm concerned, that's the image that people want these days. It's not about being gay or looking gay, but they like a unique personality. That afro man that's left on seems like the nice guy next-door type and looks like he'll be the winner. He sucked singing yesterday though, as compared to that chick.

Bottom line, though? They can sing better than I.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    never seen the show. the whole idea is ridiculous to me...=)

-clocky baby

AnabolLecter75 is offline Junior Member
    To think...Whitney Houston, Tina Turner, Usher, they all went about it the stupid way! They should have waited for American Idol and become instant celebs in 12 weeks!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    The afro kid got beat out..LOL..or so i heard

im glad too becuase he really didnt sound that great , at least thats what my wife says! cuzz i would never watch that junk

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i didnt watch it either. i thought everyone sounded bad and aboutt he same.

the commercials convinced me not to watch hehe

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    im glad too becuase he really didnt sound that great , at least thats what my wife says! cuzz i would never watch that junk
    BULLSHIT, I know you watch it cuz you've been forced to watch Lifetime as well.

I actually watched almost all the episodes and I didn't think it was that bad. I didn't care about the singing or their stupid Ford Focus, I just liked Simon (English guy) telling those kids that they sucked. At least he was honest.

I can't sing and they can. They're rich now and I'm still not. They can pull tons of ass (underage) and I can't get the same.

Bottom line....They win either way.

What was up with the Brit kid who won in the UK? That guy was trying to grow a mullet and looked so cheesy I almost shit my self.

Cousin Eddie is offline Associate Member
    My wife kept me informed too maguila.
    The guys did seem a little lite in the loafers to me. Whats the deal with their names, RJ, LJ, PJ,and BJ. I dont like boy bands, and I didnt like them.

I was glad to see that the kid who looks like Sideshow Bob got beat. The girl from Dallas could sing.

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    i've watched a couple of times, and kelly clarkson, the girl who won, totally deserved it. she outclassed every1 vocally, with ease i might add. her range and control really is amazing.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by TestTubeBaby
    i've watched a couple of times, and kelly clarkson, the girl who won, totally deserved it. she outclassed every1 vocally, with ease i might add. her range and control really is amazing.
    I agree that Kelly deserved to win based on the circumstances...BUT she was in fact the 2nd biggest talent in the competition. Tamyra Grey is on a level with Whitney Houston and Celine Dion as far as her range, strength of voice, stage presance and vocal abilities go. Mark my words, she will be the biggest star to come out of this competiton. That's not to say the others didn't deserve to be there, I just feel she is in a league of her own.

hey vegas ive never watched lifetime, except for when my wife makes me watch which is almost always anyway thats soon gonna end cuzz im finnally getting my own t.v.!! woohoo!!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The show should have been called One Hit Wonder, because thats what it will produce. I'll be out in the yard watching the grass grow...call me when its over.

LMFAO!!

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    that pink haird chick with the kid was sexy...she needs to go on howard stern

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Hey Big Rush, she (Nikki) used to be a stripper.

babi is offline Associate Member
    the afro guy looks like richard simmons young version

Thread Information