KeyMastur is offline VET

Why am I so protective ?????

ok guys you gotta help me out, cause i can't take the bullshit my one friend (my sis's roommate / my best friend) keeps tellin me. anyways, my sis (25) and i (23) have mutual friends. they are my friends, but now she lives with one of them b/c they work near each other. anyways, so we went out last night to a few bars in h-town. all's cool til near the end of the night when one of my other friend's friends (that make sense?) that i had just met that night too was hittin on my sis. we were outside the bar gettin ready to split up, he was all holdin her hand and shit, kinda playin grab-ass, and that was REALLY startin to piss me off. i tried to let it go, but i couldn't. finally they started walkin towards his truck, and i walk over there, and i'm like "look bro, i can't take it anymore, get your f**ckin hands off my sister". he of course is like "ok" - the kind of ok meaning, "dude, relax". and of course she blows up and gets all pissed at me.

now for those of you who have sisters and hang out with them - how the hell do you deal with people hittin on her ? now i know she's not a V, but still, one of my friend's friends - c'mon, i don't even know this fool, and he's gonna try to pick up on my sister. also she's got fake boobs which are just poppin out of her shirt like crazy. so comin from a guy's point of view, if that was some girl besides my sister, i'd be all over her. now shit, i don't want that fool tryin to get into my sister's pants on the first night and shit, so that's why i did what i did. maybe i overreacted, maybe i didn't. who knows. but i do know this - i sure as hell ain't goin out with her around again. (this has happened before when she went up and gave some dude her number - i got pissed b/c you let the guys come to you - i'm old fashioned - plus we were in a bar - everyone's lookin to get laid there).

?????????? what the hell am i supposed to do ? just let shit like that pass or try not to be so protective ?
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 09-08-2002 at 04:33 PM.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    I'm kinda the same way bro. Finally, my older sister, (24) took me aside and was like "Josh, trust me. Really, you love and respect me...well trust my judgement...if I'm drunk, or making an obvious mistake, then take care of me, but if I'm in my right mind, just trust me". Kinda hard to do when you don't want some greezy asshole hangin' around your sis, but you've gotta let her do her thing...now my 15 year old little sister..that's another story! Her ass don't know shit yet, and I'm gonna be there, throwing every hard dick that comes along around the yard!!!! Good luck bro

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I was the same way with my cousin when we went out. However she has a fiance now so i dont hafto worry about it anymore. And like Bronco said if she is in normal state of mind you gotto belive in her and let her make her own decision. Even if it´s hard.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Concern is expected, but being 25 she's old enough to make her own decisions. I'm sure she's dealt with her share of sleazeballs and knows how to handle herself. Unless she's really drunk and not thinking straight she should be the one to decide who she plays "grab-ass" with. And one last thought...don't take this the wrong way, but maybe she wanted something from him too.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i have two older sister's and i learned that you can pnly be there for support, your not there father and you can not be trying to make decisions for them, just watch there back, she's 25 --she's not 16 and she is old enough to hold her own, what it make it better if it was some guy you did know and he was cool with you to the fullest and he hooks up with your sister and ends up being some relationship freek and beats her or cheats on her or whatevere the matter is, would that make it better cause he is cool with you " of course not"
    all you can do is be there in support and if it comes down to the point where she needs you then be there or if you see that guy slippin then approach him and tell him but dont go making decision for her
    just my 2 cents!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    In this scenario IMO you did the right thing. However I think you went about it totally wrong. Why? Because your Sis is pissed at you, that should tell you something. What I would do is pull the guy aside and tell him quietly and discreetly that you don't want him moving in on your Sis. Make sure what you say is said in a way that he won't tell her that you told him to "lay off or I'll fu**in kill you" cause if buddy says that to her she will be pissed at you, I guarantee it.

Now how about posting a pic of those big fake boobs , j/k buds. Hope my 2 cents helps.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    I don't see anything wrong with that bro. You obviously love your sister and want nothing but the best for her. You want a guy to treat her with the respect that she deserves. You need to talk to her though and let her know why that happened. I'm sure she knows that it was only because you care, but you two need to talk so it doesn't happen again. It seems like she didn't appreciate you doing what you did or maybe the way you handled it. Talk to her, otherwise it could happen again. Maybe when you hang out with your sister pick some other places with less guys that are only trying "to get laid." That's one reason why you will rarely find me at a bar. It's fun to hang out with friends there, but it is not a place that I first like to meet people. I know the stereotype that goes along with bars, and it's just not my style.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bro. i know how you feel! i have a little sis who is about to turn 21...i know she is her own person and has her own life, but i'm still very protective and if i see someone hitting on her, i will make sure they know which guy her brother is...

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Exclamation

As far as my two brothers are concerned:......."I WILL ALWAYS BE THEIR "LIL" SIS.." so whatever decisions they make in my case , whether they be bad/good.....i'll just have to get over it......LOL......fo real.!!!...... Let's keep in mind.......I am a couple years older then them......WTF!!!!

MinnieMe ..on the DL..lol

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like a good brother to me. Theres to many Nympos(myself included)out there. But on one hand shes old enough to make her own
    desicions. let her choose her own path in life. You can still be protective
    just ask questions about her life and make sure she trusts you so if she does need some muscle she wont be afraid to ask.

shorty2big is offline Member
    If she's a grown-up, you need to treat her like one. It doesn't matter if you knew the guy or not, you not the one that is interested. She's old enought to make her own decisions. It's admirable that you are protective of her, but keep it on a level only where she might be in some real danger. You have to let it go brother, she's a big girl, treat her like one.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by shorty2big
    If she's a grown-up, you need to treat her like one. It doesn't matter if you knew the guy or not, you not the one that is interested. She's old enought to make her own decisions. It's admirable that you are protective of her, but keep it on a level only where she might be in some real danger. You have to let it go brother, she's a big girl, treat her like one.
    i agree...keymastur, you have to remeber that being too over-protective of your sister may only hurt your relationship in the long-run...if you are going to punk out the guys she is with, make sure you and her talk it out afterward...it's not worth losing her trust and hurting your relationship with her. JMO.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Should of just kicked the shit out of him. But what can you expect when your at a bar, almost everybody is looking for the same thing.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Key, I am very protective of my sisters as well. I am the youngest of three sisters (32,30,28) and I am 26. Whenever I go out with my sisters I let them do their own thing. They are old enought to know what they are doing. If they do do something that I don't think is right I will ven to them. And if any guy ever disrespects them I will knock them the fuck out. Other than that I am cool and let them have there fun....within reason.

It's tough bro....but like most people have said, your sister is (25) and she can take care of herself....use your judgement....good luck bro!

jammergsxr is offline Member
    My sister is gay and hits on my women!Your problem just got a little smaller didn,t it?LOL,I meen she's butch and I,ve came close to clocking her little ass!

Grant is offline Member
    What you did was fine. I get furious to see that kind of action with my sister. You don't have to be okay with it. Try not to go out with her in that environment, or you will be banging your head every time.

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    I don't have a sister but i have hit on a few girls with their brothers close by, the guys were always pretty cool with it but i think there was this unsaid thing like "screw her over and your dead" Its basically a respect issue i never played games like grabbing his sis ass right in front of him that is asking for trouble. I was always a respectfull guy and saved the grabbing for later. Just joking just my 2 cents

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I know the feeling bro ... having two older sister im very protective of them both ... ive done the same as you have on a few occasions ... probably best thing you can do is talk with your sis and let her know how you feel ... im sure she feels the same when she sees you out hitting on girls .. my one sister on many occasions got in fights at bars cause girls were all over me ... she would later be like that girls a slut or I dont like that girl ... i finally had the talk with her and told her i was old enough to make my own decisions ... and its been better since ...

Thread Information