palme is offline Rosie Member

What did you do on September 11th?

Anyone remember?

It was a Tuesday and i had just finished class and was on my way home, then in the main entrance around the tvīs there most have been 200-300 other students and most of them were in a lower state of shock asking if it was real. After that i went straight home and was pretty much glued to the tv.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    I was actually in the gym riding the bike with fellow firefighter...not good...Things in our job have changed so much sense then, it is unreal.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I woke up that morning to catch a flight to Chicago. I ate breakfast, came back upstairs to get on AR and my father called - said yoiu're not going anywhere because they shut down all the airports. I watched on the news as both buildings were burning, and then collapsed.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I was at work, sat down and logged on to AOL, and they had a big picture of the first tower hit.
    I went out and told the crew, everybody thought I was bullshitting untill the radio started broadcasting the tragedy.

Yaz
    Yaz is offline New Member
    I was sitting in my dorm room doing homework (which rarely happens) and my gf called me and told me to turn the tv on. ... never went to that next class.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I had the day off and i was napping on my couch in my computer office.
    The phone woke me up and my friend told me to turn on the TV.

i remember the overwhelming feeling that I didn’t know what would happen next. Was this ww3? Is nuclear war coming? Will there be a tomorrow?

That was the first thoughts i had. After that I had a profound sadness for all the death and loss.

skid is offline Banned
    I first heard about it on my car's radio on the way to work ... watched the online news casts from my desk until about 11:00 when our boss told us to go home ... spent the rest of the day watching the news and painting the bathroom ... had to do something other than just sit there!

Jamisun is offline Associate Member
    i was in my office, one of the programmers said, "a twin prop plane crashed into a building in NY." I tried to get to the news sites with no luck, by the time I made it up the 8th floor people had TV's on and all hell broke loose. I had to go to class during my lunch break that day, but the school was closed.

nuke is offline Member
    Was at work and my wife called. Told me I went to cnn.com then a lady in my office has a tv/radio and I listened to the whole thing from work !!!

What a horrible day, then I got laid off 3 days later....I know It doesnt compare but I will never forget that day month year !!

BELLICOSE is offline Banned
    was in english class, the teacher got a call, then started flipping out saying that the US was under an all out attack. He definitely overreacted, as did so many people.

So many people are living in fear, screw that, the worst thing they can do is kill us.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BELLICOSE

So many people are living in fear, screw that, the worst thing they can do is kill us.
    I think that's pretty bad.

I was in class and somebody told me that there was a plane crash and buildings were on fire. I didn't believe him so I got in my car and heard it on the radio. I went home and called my mom on the West coast to turn on the tube. I sat there all day.

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    I woke up and turned on the television. At that point the first plane already hit the building. I saw the second one hit. Later I went to work at the airport. Needless to say, it was a very sad day.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I had a day off work and had just fallen asleep when my wife told me that a plane had crashed "into some building in America" (we're in Ireland), I switched on Sky News as the second plane crashed into the second tower. I live under the flight path of the approach to Dublin airport and have not been able to look at or listen to another plane since without thinking of 9/11.

Bouncer

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i had just woken up to get ready to go to class...turned on the tv and saw a live broadcast, then i saw the second plane hit almost immediately after i started watching! i was in state of shock...

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Was returning from a business trip from the Netherlands. Got into London Heathrow, only to find it in chaos 'cos all airborne US bound flights were required to return to the UK, and all other cancelled.

The cabin crew had not told us the news, and it was only when my taxi driver told me what happend did I realise why the airport was in termoil.

God, what a terrible day.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I was surfing in North Devon UK with 4 of my friends and we went in for something to eat but ended up showering and walking around a local market when we heard some guy say a plane had crashed into the twin towers.He had a little TV in his van and we watched as the second plane hit.We went back to our caravan and sat there for about 8 hours and watched the story unfold.

It was horrific and a day that I will always remember.We had planned to go surfing this week but backed out and planned it for next week.We decided it would not be right to do it

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    I had the day off work---for my girlfriends 21st birthday---I was on my way to a local stereo shop that I work part-time at, was going to put an alarm on my car, when I heard Howard Stern on the radio say, A plane just hit one of the towers. Needless to say, there was no partying going on for her 21st.
    -Cy

Thread Information