• be afraid for your life

2 2.00%
  • pass out

2 2.00%
  • reclaim control of the plane by any means possible

95 95.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BELLICOSE is offline Banned

Terrorists hijack your plane. what do you do?

i know what i'd do, but i don't know how brave and crazy the rest of you guys are.

Personally, i would grab the nearest bigkev or pete235 and "roid rage " their sorry, hijacking asses
    Last edited by BELLICOSE; 09-10-2002 at 03:01 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Funny bro, i talked to my best friend about this maybe 30mins ago on the phone. We are both convinced we would get control back or die trying!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    well..if it is more then one guy..make sure other know...gather up some people and kick there ass. Do exaclty what that one plane did..fight..you are going to die either way...might as well save a few innoncent lives on the ground that is if they have knives or things like that. If they have guns...must take a very different approach! More planning..but still fight to the end

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator
    There is a variable in this scenario that is missing: Are we talking about a good ol' hijacking (the nice, old fashioned, "Take me to Cuba" kind) or a suicide hijacking (the new, rather distasteful 9/11 kind)?

If the first, the obvious solution - and the recommendation of all law enforcement agencies around the world - is to let the airline professionals - pilots and flight attendants - handle everything; don't interfere, or you could take a situation that may not become dangerous for the passengers and end up making it dangerous.

If the second kind, you're gonna die anyway. The passengers on the 9/11 jet in Pennsylvania would have gone one way or another; they courageously chose to go out as heroes. And of all the lay people (meaning those other than firefighters, law enforcement professionals, and rescue workers who risk their lives every day) who tragically died, those who intervened were the true heroes, making an immediate decision to prevent the terrorists' mission from being carried out and thus saving others. The professionals are courageous because, in part, that's their job; for the man or woman simply flying to Chicago on a business trip, the courage to intervene is an amazing quality.

So, in the poll question, it's important to be clear on which type of hijacking you're talking about.

if a mod could please edit that for me

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Words come cheap to actually put yourself in that position when the adrenalin is pumping and your heart is full of fear is another situation totally.We all like to pretend how we think we would react.There are very few of us who would actually manage to acomplish it.

I would like to think that if I was faced with the situation TNT expressed in type 2 that I would take over the plane as I would have nothing to lose.Whether I could persuade my body to follow my heart would be another matter.

No one could possibly know what they would do in those circumstances.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i would like to think that i would do what i needed to do like those brave people in Pennsylvania but i cant say. once there who knows what i would do.

nuke is offline Member
    Pray then Whop some damed ass !!!

chinups Guest
    If there was one of those guys with a box cutter on the plane. I would basicly told them they made the biggest mistake of there life. I prob would offer a protein shake so those skinny fagots could have some energy. Then, I would single handedly rip them apart one by one. Maul nutrition FREAKS!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by Billy Boy
    Words come cheap to actually put yourself in that position when the adrenalin is pumping and your heart is full of fear is another situation totally.We all like to pretend how we think we would react.There are very few of us who would actually manage to acomplish it.

I would like to think that if I was faced with the situation TNT expressed in type 2 that I would take over the plane as I would have nothing to lose.Whether I could persuade my body to follow my heart would be another matter.

No one could possibly know what they would do in those circumstances.
    SO SO very true!!!

I'm thinking the exact same thing here.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    you figure, either your going to sit there like a puss and die anyways or at least you can die with honor trying, shit who knows what might happen and you might get the support of some others to rip some heads off

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    There is absolutelly no doubt in my mind that if i feel that the lifes of the passangers on the plane are at risk, because of the intentions of the hijackers, i am doing whatever it takes to take care of business...and belive me when i say this you don't want to get me pissed...LOL...hopefully i will never have to face that choice, or anyone for that matter should have to make that decision...XXL

jammergsxr is offline Member
    If thier packing heat I,m gonna set there like a bitch,your gonna die either way.Now a box cutter,Shits on!

Hardballw is offline Junior Member
    I say kick the Arabs asa and then steal his gun and send him to the great after world he thinks he is going to!

durbin22 is offline Member
    Definately whoop some towel head ass.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    I agree w/ terinox and billy boy. It is easy to say what you would do, but when rounds start coming down range and people start to die around you, things happen to the bravest of people. Things that one who has never seen any type of combat outside of a fistfight have no idea about. I not saying that I don't agree, but after JC 89 and ODS 90/91 situations like this take on a different light. Now speaking as a former Recon Marine, I would evaluate the situation, look for probable weapons to use to my advantage, and wait. Wait for the time when that highly untrained dumba** makes a mistake and then take control of the situation trying to minimize civilian casualties. With the weak training these terrorists recieve a mistake is inevitable.

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I'd eventually try and attack the hijackers once I had a plan and some support. I know without a doubt that I wouldn't freeze up cuz I've been robber at gun point and I just turned around and beat the living shit out of the guy. I try to use the fear as an asset.

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Fuck that, I am not going to sit there and ponder if this is a terrorist A type (old fashioned), or a terrorist B type (9/11), either way it would be on. TNT, matter of fact the 9/11 terrorist that hit 1st tower, announced on the intercom that everything will be find if everyone cooperates, then he slammed the fucking plane in the tower! You never know now a days, man. I don't agree with Billy Boy, I think man in general are not all cowards, and when the shit hits the fan I could find enough people to get my back....we are Americans, and the history with that coincides with heart.
    Last edited by FaTbAcK; 09-11-2002 at 11:16 AM.

I don't think BB was saying that were all cowards, rather that we can talk all we want about what we would do, but nobody knows how they will react when it comes time to actually do it.

But if you and I are on a plane and some rug-head starts shit, I'll get your back.

Thanks Vegas, I know BB didnt mean that, but I think the majority of Americans would stand up and defend their freedom. I have traveled alot and I know how other countries view us, as selfish, weak when we are away from a group, non loving to our traditions, and son on. All they see is the fucking media hungry dumb ass liberal actors that try and represent the common American and it just gives us a black eye. As aweful as it sounds, lets cut off EVERYONE that we assist in ANY OTHER COUNTRY beside AMERICA, just fucking cut them off completely and see how fast we gain respect. It seems it always takes something giagantic to get respect, much like the atomic bomb. We fucked around way to long and the Japenese called us on it and said we dont respect your ass and we will come to your home and bomb your ass....we got slapped when that happened , so then what.....2 mushroom clouds later and look now the Japanese are our best ally. RESPECT, it all about RESPECT.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by FaTbAcK
    Thanks Vegas, I know BB didnt mean that, but I think the majority of Americans would stand up and defend their freedom. I have traveled alot and I know how other countries view us, as selfish, weak when we are away from a group, non loving to our traditions, and son on. All they see is the fucking media hungry dumb ass liberal actors that try and represent the common American and it just gives us a black eye. As aweful as it sounds, lets cut off EVERYONE that we assist in ANY OTHER COUNTRY beside AMERICA, just fucking cut them off completely and see how fast we gain respect. It seems it always takes something giagantic to get respect, much like the atomic bomb. We fucked around way to long and the Japenese called us on it and said we dont respect your ass and we will come to your home and bomb your ass....we got slapped when that happened , so then what.....2 mushroom clouds later and look now the Japanese are our best ally. RESPECT, it all about RESPECT.
    not trying to start shit bro..but do you think that the US is safe without Canada? Not saying military wise..just think if you were to cut us off.

chinups Guest
    Shredz you are joking right

MinnieMe is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by chinups
    Shredz you are joking right
    Oh course he is, baby............keep that chinup........lol

MM

Fuck that, I am not going to sit there and ponder if this is a terrorist A type (old fashioned), or a terrorist B type (9/11), either way it would be on. TNT, matter of fact the 9/11 terrorist that hit 1st tower, announced on the intercom that everything will be find if everyone cooperates, then he slammed the fucking plane in the tower! You never know now a days, man. I don't agree with Billy Boy, I think man in general are not all cowards, and when the shit hits the fan I could find enough people to get my back....we are Americans, and the history with that coincides with heart.
    I never said men are cowards I said it is impossible to determine how you would react to a situation like that.Fear is a very powerful emotion and unless you are trained to use it to your advantage it could be your weakest point.Ive practiced 3 martial arts and have boxed do i have fear when confronted of course you do it is the bodys first natural line of defence.Once the intial satge has passed and this varies for each person some will strike and some will run.

Fatback that has to be the dumbest thing I have read.Cut every country off?What makes you think America is so great?It is still quite a young country and has very little history.Compare it to other countries that have their origins many years before America they all survived and they still go on today.Take the UK for example is our PM not in America declaring war against Iraq standing side by side with America? Was the PM of the UK the first one to step up with Bush and declare war on terrorism?Obviously loyality is not something you are familiar with.

What would happen to the American economy if the US was to shut itself off from the rest of the world.Does America not import anything from other countries?

Killing thousands of people is the right way to go about getting respect - sorry bro I strongly disagree with that respect involves compassion,dignity,pride, not the massacre of lifes.

As always just my 0.2

Take the UK for example is our PM not in America declaring war against Iraq standing side by side with America?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the people in the UK didn't like the idea of us going to war with Iraq. They weren't to happy when Tony Blair sided with us.

As for cutting off every other country.....

We are the most powerful country in the world. If we were to stop giving $$ and aid to the rest of the world I"m sure many people would suffer. Some of those people who hate the US are the one's we're helping out. I agree that there would be huge repercussions if something like that were to ever happen (and it won't), but I'm not so sure that the US would be the one's suffering in the long run.

Take Mexico for example... If we didn't have NAFTA, stopped sending them billions of $$'s, and closed the borders; that place would turn into a modern day Argentina.

Fatback that has to be the dumbest thing I have read.Cut every country off?What makes you think America is so great?It is still quite a young country and has very little history.Compare it to other countries that have their origins many years before America they all survived and they still go on today.Take the UK for example is our PM not in America declaring war against Iraq standing side by side with America? Was the PM of the UK the first one to step up with Bush and declare war on terrorism?Obviously loyality is not something you are familiar with.

What would happen to the American economy if the US was to shut itself off from the rest of the world.Does America not import anything from other countries?

Killing thousands of people is the right way to go about getting respect - sorry bro I strongly disagree with that respect involves compassion,dignity,pride, not the massacre of lifes.

As always just my 0.2
    It's no wonder why so many American's dislike the british

I take that comment back Billy Boy:
    Just seems as if inferior countries are constantly jealous and pointing fingers at the US.
    True,we are a superpower,and with that power comes responsibility. The US occasionally misuses this power, but most of the time it is to prevent a problem from occuring in the future

chinups Guest
    I watch the bullshit news but it seems like we are def. gearing (ha ha juice boys) up toward blowing some mutha's up. And me personaly can't wait. Hopefully I can see the smoke from my house cause I got a good cuban waiting to blaze. Anyone agree???

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by MinnieMe
    In that situation i would probably tell them that if they land the plane down safely.......every single one of them could get some of this... All American $$$$$...!!!LMFAO....................just looking out for us Americans that's all..........LOL......... I'm kidding, but i just thought i'd lighten up the dam thread a bit......

A proud American,

MinnieMe
    Hey MinnieMe, I'm no hijacker but if you were to do that for the American people...?....could I join in on the fun....I mean if your going to take one for the team....then shit, batter up....and i am just doing this for the American Male.....under no circumstances shall we lose our manhood....

Oh, and while all you guys are fighting those fuckers....I will be in the back stealing all the liquor...so if you want a drunk gear head....I will be in the back....MinneMe want to join me....you may need the liquor....

Originally posted by Vegas Kid

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the people in the UK didn't like the idea of us going to war with Iraq. They weren't to happy when Tony Blair sided with us.

As for cutting off every other country.....

We are the most powerful country in the world. If we were to stop giving $$ and aid to the rest of the world I"m sure many people would suffer. Some of those people who hate the US are the one's we're helping out. I agree that there would be huge repercussions if something like that were to ever happen (and it won't), but I'm not so sure that the US would be the one's suffering in the long run.

Take Mexico for example... If we didn't have NAFTA, stopped sending them billions of $$'s, and closed the borders; that place would turn into a modern day Argentina.
    Vegas
    Many people within the UK did not fully understand the many complications that surrounded and the hostility that formed over the Iraq war.Wether you agree with it or not we may have achieved something at that time but we are back in the same place we where approx 10yrs ago.Have we achieved anything?

I don't deny the fact that America is the most powerful country in the world and it is true for any country that if aid was to be stopped our countries would be a lot better off.Thats why organisations like the UN are in place.As for paying debt the UK is still paying America their "loyalities" for the WW.

Its six of one and half a dozen of another and like you rightly said it would never happen.

Originally posted by BELLICOSE

It's no wonder why so many American's dislike the british
    Would that be because we like to use vowels a,e,i,o,u

I,m not slagging off America or the way they handle situations (How could I the UK normally follows!)I was disagreeing with a previous comment that in my opinion was making out that America is the only country that counts in this world.

1st off, I love the comradery here Americans....

In my opinion, BB, America is the most important country in the world. True, your precious UK sided with us and I commend that, but don't think for one second it is out of loyalty pal, no way, it's called money, and it's called debt. Your country is in so much debt to us it is sad. It is obvious not only to me, but several American AR members that your arrogance and jealousy towards America is making you come across like a schoolboy that got bullied his entire life. The bottom line is we are the ELITE POWER and with that comes critisism, and your .02, though a weak attempt at a shot at my intelligence, was nothing short of denial and possible envy. I love my country and I will go toe to toe with anyone who challenges that, how dare you, especially at a time like this! By the way, if it wasn't for America, you would be speaking German and answering to daily ass rapings by Hitler clones.......

That is just my .02
    Last edited by FaTbAcK; 09-11-2002 at 10:02 PM.

In my opinion, BB, America is the most important country in the world. True, your precious UK sided with us and I commend that, but don't think for one second it is out of loyalty pal, no way, it's called money, and it's called debt. Your country is in so much debt to us it is sad. It is obvious not only to me, but several American AR members that your arrogance and jealousy towards America is making you come accross like a schoolboy that got bullied his entire life. The bottom line is we are the ELITE POWER and with that comes critisism, and your .02, though a weak attempt at a shot at my intelligence, was nothing short of denial and possible envy. I love my country and I will go toe to toe with anyone who challenges that, how dare you, especially at a time like this! By the way, if it wasn't for America, you would be speaking German and answering to daily ass rapings by Hitler clones.......

That is just my .02
    Hell ya!!!!!!!
    Couldn't have said it better myself

overhere is offline New Member
    Originally posted by TNT
    There is a variable in this scenario that is missing: Are we talking about a good ol' hijacking (the nice, old fashioned, "Take me to Cuba" kind) or a suicide hijacking (the new, rather distasteful 9/11 kind)?

If the first, the obvious solution - and the recommendation of all law enforcement agencies around the world - is to let the airline professionals - pilots and flight attendants - handle everything; don't interfere, or you could take a situation that may not become dangerous for the passengers and end up making it dangerous.

So, in the poll question, it's important to be clear on which type of hijacking you're talking about.
    You make a good point, but the rules have changed. The hijackers in 9/11 announced that they were returning to the airport when they took over piloting. This was a ploy to keep passengers from taking any action. A very simple technique of social control.

In the penn state crash, passengers on the airphones were told that the other planes were flown in a suicide mission. Most likely, if they weren't informed of this, they would have quietly sat back on done nothing.

If the pilot of the plane is no longer in the cockpit flying the planeand he announces that the hijackers are going to return to the airport or fly to cuba, i think it is clear what actions should be taken. And to be honest, even that is too much leeway when the rules have changed.

In my opinion, BB, America is the most important country in the world. True, your precious UK sided with us and I commend that, but don't think for one second it is out of loyalty pal, no way, it's called money, and it's called debt. Your country is in so much debt to us it is sad. It is obvious not only to me, but several American AR members that your arrogance and jealousy towards America is making you come across like a schoolboy that got bullied his entire life. The bottom line is we are the ELITE POWER and with that comes critisism, and your .02, though a weak attempt at a shot at my intelligence, was nothing short of denial and possible envy. I love my country and I will go toe to toe with anyone who challenges that, how dare you, especially at a time like this! By the way, if it wasn't for America, you would be speaking German and answering to daily ass rapings by Hitler clones.......

That is just my .02
    I,m glad you love your country I have been there many times and I have had vacations there and worked there.It is a great place and I have NEVER denied that fact.As for being envious hell I am you have better weather than we do here.

With regards to our debt to the US it was aquired by a "Lend -Lease Act" that was set up between Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Winston Churchill who was the first man to raise defiance against Nazi Germany.The USA was to supply the UK and her Allies with the war materials they needed.

As for the daily ass rapings by Hitler clones that is just what I would expect have you ever looked at the fatalities for the WW2?

US Military 295,000 Civillians -
    UK Military 326,000 Civillians 62,000

What do those figures tell you that the UK sat back on their ass and waited for the USA to bail us out?
    Sure there were other countries that suffered heavy losses and there were many that lost more life than our 2 countries.Some 61,000,000 people died in WW2 between 1939 - 1945

Heres a few events that occurred BEFORE the US joined in
    Sept 3rd 1939 Britian,France,Austrailia declare war on Germany
    Sept 10th Canada declares war on Germany

Dec 7th 1941 Japenese attack pearl Harbour and declare war on the USA
    Dec 11th 1941 Germany declares war on the USA.USA joins WW2

Aug 6th 1945 Atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima from a B-29 "The Enola Gay"
    Aug 9th 1945 Atomic bomb dropped on Nagaski from a B-29 "Bocks Car" (I think that was what it was called)

As you can see despite popular believe that the US was involved from day one they were not your country got involved some 27mths later.By this time many countries had suffered serious destruction and loss of human life.The war was not won by America it was won by the countries who stood up for their freedom and crushed a force that had tried to conquer.So no the daily ass rapings of Hitlers clones were not stopped by the US

As for my weak cheap shot at your intelligance trust me I wouldn't even bother nothing I read from your second post gave me the smallest feeling that it was indeed an intellectual statement and if I were to insult your intelligance I would not do it here and secondly if you feel that my opinions are ones from jealousy,envious and arrogance than that is your problem and you must deal with it because I have nothing to feel jealous or envious about.As the old saying goes "In for a dollar in for a pound"

Getting back to todays events I think it is extremely important that the US and the UK show a united front you are the superpower of the world and the UK has also aquired a reputation of getting stuck in as and when they need to.I feel sorry that you think the UK stands side by side with the US because we owe you money.It may be the reason I,m not sure but I would like to think of it as loyality and trust that has been aquired through the years by two countries that have shed blood,sweat and tears on the same battlegrounds.

If you really do have a problem with my views and they cause any of you offence let me know via PM
    Last edited by Billy Boy; 09-12-2002 at 10:51 AM.

Well written BB, I enjoyned the refreshing history lesson. Obviously, this discussion touched a nerve with both of us, and I always believed in the old attage of "if you find yourself in a hole, quit digging" meaning I will not dig the hole/disagreemant any deeper for it would only cause raised bloodpressure and a possible WWIII, lol. I admire Winston Churhill, he was a man unmatched with wits and brains. As a matter of fact he once wrote how he felt like American blood flowed through his veins because his passion coincided with the passion that American soldiers fought with. He said that American soldiers fought like 2 men. The Germans nicknamed the MArines Tueffel Huden...meaning mad wolves!!! America, as well as Americans are nothing short of the best....not being biased. As for PMing you, I'll pass. I like to save my PM's for Minnie Me
    Last edited by FaTbAcK; 09-12-2002 at 12:57 PM.

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Lightbulb Hey "FATBACK"

I'll pass. I like to save my PM's for Minnie Me ....posted: by: Fatback

Awww....what an "intelligent" American you are..................

Much luv, baby

MinnieMe

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    1) It is obvious not only to me, but several American AR members that your arrogance and jealousy towards America is making you come across like a schoolboy that got bullied his entire life.

2) I love my country and I will go toe to toe with anyone who challenges that,

3) By the way, if it wasn't for America, you would be speaking German and answering to daily ass rapings by Hitler clones.......

FB...I admire your love for your country but I take some exception to the three things I have highlighted:

1) You've been at AR since June of this year? How can you make a statment like that about Billy when you don't even know him? Seriously bro, think about that. I've know him for well over a year and I will back him up 6 days a week and twice on Sundays because he is a straight forward, honest, helpful guy whom I consider a friend. I think you automatically have your back up on this subject which is somewhat understandable considering the timing, but I think you are being very closed minded. The administrators of this great board are proud Americans as well, and they think highly enough of Billy Boy to make him a moderator, what does that tell you.

2) So do I...so does Billy...so do the many others who are not from the US. As far as loving ones country, it's world wide, there is no monolpoly on that. I think the US is a great country, but I love Canada, and remember this...being born in the US makes you fortunate, not special. It's not like the US governement picked and chose it's citizens from a list of infants. What makes a country great is the strength of it's people and how they grow. You do your country proud I'm sure, but you are no better than me as a human just because you come from a superpower.

3) Actually, in a roundabout way, if it wasn't for the japanese UK may have been over run by Hitler and his Nazi's. It was that one horrific act of war that dragged the USA into WW2...until that point they were willing to let the chips fall where they may.

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    I say all americans should be trained that if they're plane was in fact hi-jacked they should all strip naked and everyone join the mile high club before they die,and if everybody finishes in time,then hell,the towel heads will be so mesmorized that you could lock them in the bathroom or something while they are spanking it to the mama goat movies back home.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information