Sir hugenstein is offline Junior Member

what should I do

My neighbor has had his dog running loose for several days. The dog goes to my back fence where I keep my pit bull in a pen(8 ft tall wooden fence with a hot wire on top and bottom) and bothers him. So finally my pit bull pushes his way through the fence and attacked the other dog. My neighbor comes over and wants me to pay the vet bill. What would you do.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Itīs his own fault, if he had chained his dog it wouldnt have botherd your dog.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Get rid of the pitbull, I'd expect mine to kill the MotherF**king neighbours dog. But seriously, I'd probably be willing to meet my neighbour half way with the vets bills, depending on his/her attitude in the first place.

Bouncer

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Does your community have a leash law? If so, i say screw the guy. He should of taken better care of his animal. It would be like if the dog got hit by a car on the road. However, keep in mind a few things.

1) If your dog pushed his way through the fence and attacked the other dog on the owners property, your liable.
    2) If its a person thats attacked, your likely liable reagardless of situation.
    3) The fact that its a pitbull complicates matters as that is generally considered an overly aggressive breed. Many states/communities are outlawing pitbull ownership.
    4) You should have socialized your dog better. Its just asking for trouble.
    5) Now that your dog has been caught being agressive, you are now an owner of an "dangerous" dog. If it attacks another dog, you could be slapped with a civil suit as you could have reasonable assumed that an aggressive dog would attack again, therefore it is negligence, regardless or the steps taken to prevent such a scenario. They may not win, but it will be nasty.

These are just a few things that "might" happen in our overly litigous society. Be warned!

I was reading up on this so called "dangerous dog" and its says nothing about attacking other dogs only if it attacks a person than it is considered a "dangerous dog." As far as being socialized he has lived with my yorkshire terrier, tibetan terrier, a mutt and he currently lives with his son...and I dont have any problems. I think that he was protecting me from the other dog, because he didn't attck the other dog until I came to the outside of the fence and he saw me.

Rich8888 is offline Member
    IMO if your dog did the deed, be a good bro, either pay up or meet him in the middle. Life is too short don't argue about shit like that. 9/11 man there are bigger fish to fry.

durbin22 is offline Member
    It's the neighbors fault. His dog was running loose and your was in a pen. Tell the neighbor he will get nothing. He should pay you for being an ass.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I like what durbin said. If your dog is in a pen and the dog comes up to well too bad. They need to keep the dog chained up.

Thanks guys. I just wnated to see who thought like me on this one and most of you do.

Thread Information