Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Talking Any Pharmacist out there?

Thinking of getting my degree in Pharmacology. I think this job would be interesting, even though I hear it can be very boring. To all Pharmacists on AR...describe your work day. Tell whether you like your job, and if you feel the pay is good for what you do. I hear they make good $. Also, tell a little about the schooling, how tuff, easy, boring, interesting, basically just share your thoughts for someone considering it as their career.

Thanks

Sir hugenstein is offline Junior Member
    First of all are you in college right now...if so how are your grades. You need a minimum 3.0 gpa plus score fairly decent on the PCAT. A biology or chemistry degree is a plus as an undergraduate. But you can take the required classes for the pharmacy prerequisite program at the school you apply to. As far as pharmacy school goes it is tough, alot of chemistry, physiology and biochemistry. As far as pay a pharmacist starts at aroud 70K a year.....but can make up to 150K a year or more.

Wow, that's some good cash. Yes, I am currently attending school. My grades are not at the 3.0 level but I am working hard to get them up there. What is the PCAT? Thanks for your reply...so you are a Pharmacist?

Sir hugenstein is offline Junior Member
    The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT). Do you have any experience working in a pharmacy as an assistant or technition. With lower grades it helps to have lots of experience.

no, no experience.

Thread Information