Big Show 23 Guest

Would you ever play the "Race Card"

Here's something to get you people thinking.

Would you play the "Race Card"in order to get a good job/get ahead in life?

Personally I think that playing this card is wrong on so many levels that I don't know where to start.All I can say that if I knew anyone who played this card I'd lose so much respect for that person.And IMO the fact that this card can still be played today proves to me that racial stereotyping/predjudice is still somewhat of a problem

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Well im a white boy so i doubt that i could pull the race card.

i think its totally wrong for someone to get a job or something equally great just based on color and not qualifications.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Fuck no, I see it being pulled too many times where I work now and it pisses me off to no end.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    well, i aint white and ive seen my share of discrimination, believe its alive wnd well! but as for playing the race card ..i dont think i would do it , ive been passed over for jobs and stuff over it but, i think in the end good things still happens to honest hard working people, besides it their loss not mine i always say

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Well as a southern I seriously doult that anyone ever receives more discimation and stero typeing than us. I mean look, we are classified as dumb, illerate, incest ridden, tobacco chewing, red necks. Of course I do not think that with this profile I could actually use this to win one over on a new job ect, and to be honest I do not think that it is really right. BUT if one is looking to get a postiton with a company and they are offered the job, I could not blame them for taking the job reguardless for what reason they think they may or may not have gotten the job. I know alot of really good lookin females who use their looks to presade a male interviewer into showing favoritism all the time. This is really the same thing just in a different way.
    IC

Big Show 23 Guest
    Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    i think its totally wrong for someone to get a job or something equally great just based on color and not qualifications.
    Unfortunately I'm being somewhat encouraged to play the Race card,and another card as well.But I won't because I'm young,skilled,hard working and educated and I'll get by just fine on these attributes.I want people to hire me for what I can offer them,not because of the color of my skin.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

it's important

to keep a can of shoe polish on hand during any interview.if need be run in the bathroom if the interview is not going well, polish up, and re apply as Martin Farakhan Sharpton Jr. no way you're not getting the job w/ that name and a good can off polish.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Only if you stole 'me crock o gold', then I'd have to turn on me Irish drunken red haired feiry temper. So none of this race shanaghans, lol.

I've been working as a bouncer for over 10 years now (I'm white, see my avatar, lol) and can honesly say that the only time I've seen racism is when it's been thrown in my face. If I refuse admittion to an African (we have alot of refugees here) first thing that happens is he/she see's MY WHITE SKIN and make the assumtion that I'm being racist.
    But I honestly don't see skin colour and think someone's an lesser than me. Btw we have a black guy working for us and he gets the same shit because he's an Irish blackman !, go figure.

Bouncer

tichel is offline Female Member
    pardon my ignornace, but what is the "race card?"

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I think people sometimes get frustrated and feel misstreated and to blow some steam off they throw rasist remarks at you.
    Seen it alot outside clubs.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    i think its hard for people of caucasion persuasion to understand the race card really, not that you dont know about it but to trully understand it you just gotta be of a "darker" color , in know it sounds ignorant but ive been brown for a long time ,hell all my life, and ive experienced alot and i do mean alot of racism from different employers. but like i said before i couldnt play the "race card" ,because that would be giving in. I ve also experienced it in my favor though and i didnt complain then, so you just gotta take the good with the bad.

HELL YES I PLAY THE RACE CARD! ! !

................when i go to the clubs to pick up white chicks i try and put on the best black performance i poss can.(i am but raised in an all wht area)..i do the walk, the talk and all that stuff..but the miniute i get on the dance floor its like ..lol..lol..i know i'm one of the whitest blk guys in the world in someways...its kinda funny some of the things that have happened to me while doing work over the phone then actually meeting people in person...but seriously i try to present myself in a professional way in the working field. if i lose the position then i work harder.......

Thread Information