m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Driving from TX to CALI

This is gonna be a long fucking trip. I think I have to leave next saturday.

Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any speed traps?

doublewide is offline Associate Member
    2 day trip at least bro. Better you than me.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Yeah, no shit. I don't think there would be many speed traps out on I-10 in west texas - not much out there. Heck, I can't think of any speed traps. Just do about 80 - 90 and you'll be fine.

I was thinking about going about 110-130 the whole way on I-10. Its a straight highway for 990 miles of which I'm on it.

I can make it in 9 hours if I drive around 105 avg.

Steele is offline Member
    i just moved to Cali 3 months ago from Texas. once you get in west texas you can move, but slow it down through el paso. after el paso i just stayed behind the fastest car on the interstate. people drive fast as shit on that route so just wait and someone will fly by, then just keep your distance and stay with them. the leader of the pack always gets the ticket.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    say rampage, did you ever recieve an email or your clomid fromthat one guy ?

hehehe i do 125 to 150 down I-10 jsut going from Houston to San Marcos. I cant stand that lil 2 lane hwy drives me nuts when 2 slow pokes wanna pace themselves at 55 mph.. grrr driving rage!!
    later bro
    Jarrett

mexicali is offline New Member
    are you going by yourself? i just got back from San Diego a few weeks ago, me and a few buddies drove out there from indiana and back straight. It was fun as hell but i imagine if your going by yourself it might be a little boring.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    Where are you coming from-because depending on what part of cali your going to it would probably be faster to head to amarillo and take forty from there it is a straight shot across forty into L.A. . If your leaving from south texas like houston or San Antonio, Austin, check you map. Because honestly bro, I-10 gets freaking long and you end up driving almost all of AZ.
    Last edited by j.j.; 09-15-2002 at 04:42 PM.

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I used to go to dallas every summer for work ... used to pack a van with like 6 guys and go from la to dallas straight through .. took around 24 hours ... one guy got a ticket cause i guess the speed limit is less at night in the area we were in ... so be careful ... might wanna invest in a radar detector ... got one now and im ususally the leader of the pack with it .. lol ... if not find a guy with one on the road and just stay on his bumper ...

Vegas Kid is offline Senior Member
    I've driven to DC from Vegas and also to Charleston SC by myself as well. Make sure you have plenty of music and I'd leave at 10 PM or so. It's easier to stay awake during the day. Also get out every 4-6 hours and stretch your back or you won't be able to sleep when you get to Cali.

I have a CD changer, and I have a built in front and rear radar detector. Either way, this is gonna be an adventure indeed

Thread Information