kreper69 is offline Associate Member

OMG Bro's I'm so Nervous

we've been planning this for sometime now, but i guess no matter how much you think you're ready you still get nervous. i'm about to tie the proverbial knot, and join the others on the dark side. no really she's great!! i know i'm ready for it, but still marriage just make me nervous. were getting married next week, and then we're leaving for puerto plata for honeymoon. just wondering what all of the bro's on here felt like before you got married.

tatty is offline Member
    Piece o' cake! naww, i'm just kidding. I haven't been down that road yet, but I wish you the best of luck and I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.

Jimmy_Bravo is offline Associate Member
    If you know she's the one, then it's all good. Just wait for the youngin's to come along. There great!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Well,, My brother passed out at the alter...
    But I think it had something to do with the 14 Tequila shots he had the night before at his bachelor party!!

I saw you post a week or so ago that the girl in your Avatar is your Fiancée. If that’s the case I say GO FOR IT BRO!! Dude, she is Beautiful, and with a smile like that,,, I can see why you feel for her!

You are GOING to be nervous, you are going to have doubts, But I will tell you this,, a relationship is like a good arm workout, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it! What I mean is make her your world and your life will be a LOT better for it... ok,, I better stop,, I'm starting to tear up!
    Good luck to you both!
    Ripper

Tedmax195 is offline Member
    Before i proposed to my gf she was all set to get married, when i felt it was the right time i proposed. Now the tables have turned she is a wreck and we are getting married in June 2003, she is going to be mess on our day and you know what i will be fine because this is the woman i want to spend the rest of my life with and i love that fact alone. Don't worry everything will be alright who's to say i won't be a wreck the day of, just be happy you found the one bro, Good Luck.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I remember my brother on his wedding day, he looked like he was going to faint! But he made it true hehe. He has a son and daugther now and he couldt be more happy!

Good luck bro.

Ocnorb36 is offline Junior Member
    Congrats bro..........Now from someone who has been married 11 years I will dig deep into my memories and let you know some of my thoughs from the "first" day. Honestly I was nervous too. You have second thoughts and you doubt yourself and the reasons for marriage. Then magically, when the ceremony is finished I felt an inner peace. I had made the right decision and felt it. But I now have some different opinions on the first day.

I don't care how long you dated or lived together, marriage is different, period. Yet, on the first day you get the biggest party one could imagine with all your friends and family and then poof........it's time for your normal life. It can be a let down of sorts because of the big build-up. I now believe you should have to qualify to get that kind of party. What I mean is you should have to make it to the 5-10-15 year point minimum before you can have the "big" celebration. Too many marriages start off with "white lace and promises" but end miserably within a few years. Make yours last. Put in the effort to make your wife feel special every day. Give her back rubs even when your dead tired. Tell her how sexy she looks even if she has lost a little appeal. Clean the house and help run the day to day tasks. Lastly, IMO, give more than you take and I tell you all will be well. I love my wife more than ever and we have been together a total of 15 years. Good luck and stay together!!!!!!!!!

OC

MindBomb is offline Member
    Congrats bro!

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    In just 9 months I will be joining you my friend...let me know how it went...I am sure you will be fine.

Valmont is offline Banned
    Just got married on Sat. and it was the most beautiful exsperiances I have ever had.

I believe in God and I think that it is the way s/he wants it to be.

Either way-wish you all the best. And keep us posted!

Peace,
    Valmont

thanks for the replies,and the congrats everyone. i know that she is the right one she's great in everyway. i've always been all for it, and i still am. i guess i was just getting spooked a little bit since it is right around the corner. kinda feeling nervous, and have a big lump in my throat all the time. my fiance, and i thought we should share it on here since we share everything else here. it's always good to hear how everyone else feels going through this.

LG she says you're wonderful, and she misses all of you in the women's forum. she'll be back soon.
    thanks again i'll keep you posted

shorty2big is offline Member
    don't worry brother, you will be fine. Just as long as you know you love her, everything will be okay. Congratulations to you.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    Originally posted by Ocnorb36
    Too many marriages start off with "white lace and promises" but end miserably within a few years. Make yours last. Put in the effort to make your wife feel special every day. Give her back rubs even when your dead tired. Tell her how sexy she looks even if she has lost a little appeal. Clean the house and help run the day to day tasks. Lastly, IMO, give more than you take and I tell you all will be well. I love my wife more than ever and we have been together a total of 15 years. Good luck and stay together!!!!!!!!!

OC
    OC, you sound like quite a catch. My husband and I have been together 15 years total too, and he does all those things too, so I must say that your advice is spot on. Especially, help with the house work if you both work. That makes a huge difference.

About helping out with the house work...i mean is there familys were only the female takes care of everything? Ive been doing my own and my moms laundry since i was 11 cause she has a bad back and i also vacum and take care of the dishes and take out the garbage and cook dinner...i will not stop any of this just b/c i get married im raised to do all this things!

yeh, i'm pretty much a neat freak already. cook sometimes,vaccum,make sure the house is clean. i like to help out with the house work. it's pretty much a 50-50 relationship.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by Ocnorb36
    Put in the effort to make your wife feel special every day. Give her back rubs even when your dead tired. Tell her how sexy she looks even if she has lost a little appeal. Clean the house and help run the day to day tasks. Lastly, IMO, give more than you take and I tell you all will be well.
    OC
    Exactly!

I think I might print this off and if I ever get married again I'm putting it on the wall behind the toilet in HUUUGE print. Can't miss it then.

Congratulations and good luck!

freakout is offline Associate Member
    Congrats brother and I believe you will have a great day on your wedding!!

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, dont worry about it! i wasnt nervous i was too busy trying to pack all her stuff in the trunk of my car so we could run off!! we got married in front of the j.p and that was it...5 years later we still feel the same about each other maybe even closer. as long as your honest to each other and respect each other and love each other itll all work out fine

thanks again everyone.. holy sh*t only 2 days left

Definst is offline New Member
    I'm 28yrs old, been married for almost 7yrs (to the gal in my avatar), loving every minute of it, and no she's not watching over my shoulders as I'm typing this! Make sure she's the right one and you'll have no regrets, I'm still working on her helping me inject though hehe.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Hey, lets hear some details! I'm sure it was the best night of your life.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    bump...congrats kreper

i'm back

i made it back alive. damn, i was so nervous during the ceromony i thought i was going to fall over, and faint. as the music got louder the tie around my neck felt like it was getting tighter. my fiance looked so beautiful, and then i just thought to myself how lucky i am that this special woman wants to spend the rest of her life with me. it was the best day of my life bro's.. the dominican republic is awsome place to go for a honeymoon i was a little scared though because i'm not supposed to leave the state, but i don't even have a court date for that bullshit that happened yet. bachelor party was the greatest we played bowling for thongs. the slip n slide was setup, and we'd grab that little dude beetlejuice by his collar, and belt loop, and let him ride. it was the funniest shit ever he would be cruising, and then knock over as many pins as he could. if you got a strike you got the prize

i got a good double-bi pose with beetlejuice,and his little girl. they're both hanging from each of my arms..

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    My boy went to the Dominican Republic for his honeymoon too... and said the same thing... Only thing is he's English and was druck for the whole honeymoon, so he doesn't remember to much.... Damn you English brothers can put the pints away...

Great to see you made it back bro! How was the weeding night?

Thread Information