m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Didn't feel the post-workout soreness

Monday I worked the hell out of my bi's and legs, and when I came out of the gym, I was thinking, 'man, i'm gonna be sore tommarrow'. Tuesday, I wokeup, and nothing... no soreness at all. The last time I worked out my bi's, I was sore for a week! Any ideas? Could this be the test/deca kicking in while in week2? or was my workout simply, not as intense as it coulda been?

Maybe it was doing cardio before the workout?? Does anyone else ever feel like this, or wonder about these kinda issues?

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    Maybe you need to Change up the workouts ???
    No Matter what i do my Bis and Delts never get sore EVER :{
    and i do a different workout everytime.
    The Recoup Powers of your juice could be the culprit

KeyMastur is offline VET
    What are you doin for your legs ?

Sometimes I feel sore in my bi's even when I don't do them that day. Meaning when I load up the bar for shrugs, and just having to hold the bar there for a bit while I shrug it up works my bi's out a bit. Stretches them out and makes em feel good the next day.

KeyMastur, well bro, my excersises for monday were, - dumbell curls, barbell curls, calfs, quads (leg extentions), leg press

Usually my legs would be sore as hell, but its barely even buzzing. Imagine drinking a 12 pack and not getting a buzz!

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe you should try putting some WEIGHTS on the bar next time!!
    j/j

sounds like your muscles are getting conditioned. I only get sore the first couple of weeks... once I'm in my routine I get a little sore, but it goes away pretty fast... also the gear helps speed recovery.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Hmm...try switching up your routine.
    Do flyes before presses for delts, pre exause(sp) them.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sometime the soreness doesn't kick in for me until later in the day.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by rampage76
    KeyMastur, well bro, my excersises for monday were, - dumbell curls, barbell curls, calfs, quads (leg extentions), leg press
    I would think that you weren't doing enough things for your legs. I kill the shit out of my legs - heavy squats, heavy hack squats, extensions, curls, straight leg dead lift, lunges, and sometimes finish it off with one legged leg press - that's just above the knee, then of course the calves (which i'm workin on).

As for your bi's, I start with close grip pull-ups, then move to straight or EZ bar curls, dumbbell hammer, sometimes going to cable curls.
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 10-09-2002 at 05:36 PM.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    the soreness should not be the key to knowing if you worked out your muscles right, the question you should be asking is did i hit all muscles groups right?? or did i get the most out of my muscles fibers during my worout?? the onset soreness is a myth, yes when you are sore you worked out your muscles--maby to much?? but if you do not get sore , that does not mean that you did not hit your muscles group well enough for it to grow as long as you are inducing you muscle to heavy weight it will have to adapt to getting bigger to overcome the weight being induced to it. aslo staleness of the routine can be redundant to the muscle, try changing it up and shocking the muscle, day in and day out of the same old routine gets to be boring for those muscles and they adapt very nicely if not changed
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Soreness is not the key to knowing if you hit it hard enough. During my cycle GH, Test E, Deca , in which I gained 17 lbs. I cannot recall being sore from any of my workouts. My bench went up 50 lbs and my squats went up 105 lbs!!! No soreness, just big hard muscle growth.

Originally posted by KeyMastur

I would think that you weren't doing enough things for your legs. I kill the shit out of my legs - heavy squats, heavy hack squats, extensions, curls, straight leg dead lift, lunges, and sometimes finish it off with one legged leg press - that's just above the knee, then of course the calves (which i'm workin on).

As for your bi's, I start with close grip pull-ups, then move to straight or EZ bar curls, dumbbell hammer, sometimes going to cable curls.
    Your probably right about the legs, I followed the same routine I did last time and those killed my legs. I guess I'm gonna have to swap it around a little. I don't really WANT to kill my legs too much because I have alot of walking to do when I goto class; i don't want to pull anything, and I have a history of doing just that.

For the bi's, I am gonna make sure my palm is facing outward the whole excercise and lower the reps I think. Usually I'll twist my wrist, but I guess that might have contributed to the low results. The reason I can't do more than the dumbbells and the barbell curls is because I'm burning out each time on the working sets. After burning out 6 times, I simply can't work them anymore. That's exactly the reason I question why I didn't get sore!!! Anyways, I'll make up for it today!

Well, the actual process of muscle growth and protein utilization, I thought, was that you would tear while muscle fibers, and the protein would bind with the tears in order to heal those muscles along with other agents. The post-workout soreness was your body in the state of having the muscle fibers torn up. That's why I thought I didn't get as good a workout as I could. I'm making up for it in an hour.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    youdon't have to have your palm out for all your bicep curls. Changing the position of your hand changes which part of the bicep you work out. DO'nt take this wrong, all these exercises use all the muscles, it's just which one/part it'll target more so than a standard bicep curl

preacher curl = emphasis on distal portion of bicep
    hammer curl = emphasis on brachialis
    curls while sitting on the incline bench = emphasis on long head of bicep
    suppinating curl (twisting one) = emphasis on bicep over brachialis, (greater change in muscle length = more contraction = more force produced)

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 10-10-2002 at 01:51 PM.

why leave your wrist open, now your cheating and starting to use some of your forearm and more shoulders. Keep your wrists up and closed to keep the tension at the bicep. Your also putting your wrist at risk of injury with your wrists open.
    Hypertropy: an increase in the cross-section size of a muscle in response to >PROGRESSIVE< resistance(strength) training.
    also increase in size is also influnced by an increase in the number of actin and myosin filaments along with sarcomere addition.
    Hyperplasia: In this process, individual muscle fibers split to form 2 fibers. this only accounts for about 5% of all muscle growth.

Increase in mass is a result of resistance excercise
    to much protein and it will convert to fat or carbs to be burned as fuel
    also when protein is not fully utilzed and broken down into nonprotein products. The amonia toxicity can place stress on the kidneys, lead to dehydration, and even lead to health problems such as osteoporosis from decreased calcium absorption.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack, I didn't understand what you mean when your talking about the wrists deal? Are you saying that you don't rotate, or that you do? I reworked my bi's today with my shoulder/back workout, I should feel it tommarrow since I couldn't even wipe the sweat off my neck when i was done.

about the protein, your right. but its also true that you can't build muscle mass without protein, so its still a crucial element to muscle growth. However, unlike money, excessive amounts of protein aren't gonna be better than an adequate amount.

Originally posted by rampage76
    abstrack, I didn't understand what you mean when your talking about the wrists deal? Are you saying that you don't rotate, or that you do? I reworked my bi's today with my shoulder/back workout, I should feel it tommarrow since I couldn't even wipe the sweat off my neck when i was done.

about the protein, your right. but its also true that you can't build muscle mass without protein, so its still a crucial element to muscle growth. However, unlike money, excessive amounts of protein aren't gonna be better than an adequate amount.
    sorry my bad your palms closed or facing inward not outward by having them facing outward then you place stress on the wrists. keep you elbows at your side. dont cheat just to get the weight up keep them locked at your side and palms facing up to get the isolation of the muscle. you want to utilize as many fibers as possible in the muscle you are working. rotate?? do you mean different positions on the ez-curl bar or reverse grip??? or wide grip as opposed to close grip. I try to keep my wrist locked i like to isolate and concentrate and work on form.

protein as far a binding to the torn fibers, never herd that?? if it were that easy then you would just tear your fobers the induce alot of protein and get big, . To my understanding protein is a nutrient and it is utilized by the body, it aids in the repair or building of muscles but bond??? just as your bcaa's they are all nutrient's that you body uses
    as like carbs , you body converts it to glycose which then forms to glycogen to be utilized in the muscle for energy.

Thread Information