clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

muscular development vs. school

jeez, i hardly have any time to eat or sleep anymore. i'm make it to the gym everyday, but my diet has gone down the drain and i get like 4 hours of sleep a night! i'm taking 4 upper division math and comp sci classes, 1 graduate class, and am working 20 hours a week. anyone else have a hard time following a good bodybuilding schedule while in school?

the 4 hours of sleep a night is really killing me. it really feels like all my workouts are going down the drain if i'm not getting the proper sleep...how accurate is this?

going delusional...
    clocky baby

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds to me like you’re taking too many classes if it's starting to interfere with your workouts,, I mean come on bro, where are your priorities?!?
    J/J
    I remember the college days, school, work, workouts, girls, parties,, etc.... there just AINT no time for sleep.
    TRY to get as much as you can though because that's when your muscles are rebuilding...
    Good luck.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    whats your training split? maybe you can cut down on the gym time which would allow you a nap or something

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Hard to do, been there.

In all honesty, school is more important. But there might be ways to better balance things.

How about not studying on some days and working out more on others?

You don't necessarily need to workout 5+ days a week.

What's your current routine look like?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree with MMA Junkie. Work out 3x a week using this split

Mon - Chest/Back OR Chest/Arms
    Wed - Shoulders/Arms OR Back/Shoulders
    Fri - Legs

Add in cardio through sports to relieve tension. Pick up an intramural team or something. Any form of cardio is better than no form of cardio, but 10 years down the road you don't want to be kicking yourself in the ass for passing school up for working out. Can you imagine yourself like this, "Do you want fries with that" and have 20" arms.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    hey guys,
    the split is like this:
    mon - chest
    tues - bis
    weds - tris
    thurs - shoulders
    friday - back
    sat - legs
    sun - off

i'm only at the gym 1 hour a day and i'm that kinda person who enjoys being at the gym and i get all cranky if i don't go, so i don't think the 3 day split is for me...

Can you imagine yourself like this, "Do you want fries with that" and have 20" arms.
    haha, that would be terrible...

Sounds to me like you’re taking too many classes if it's starting to interfere with your workouts,, I mean come on bro, where are your priorities?!?
    hehe, i know, what was i thinking??

i actually slept thru my first class today and now i feel great!! =) oh, and i'm trying to remedy the food problem. i brought a bunch of food stuffs to the lab where i work and put it all in the fridge. that way i can make food at work (and conveniently take a break at the same time...heh heh)...=)

-clocky baby

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    bro i have the same problem very often but sometimes i tend to prioitize my eatting and gym over school, not a good idea, working on putting school first again.

shorty2big is offline Member
    you know school is most important. Getting only four hours of sleep a night is hardly enough for recovery from a hard bb routine. My suggestion is to take more time off between your workouts so your not kiling your self brother. If you can't get bigger right now, at least keep yourself from going catabolic.

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Wow..You are in the gym 6 days a week..I just had a thread before the board went down. asking for help with my school/work/work out schedule..and how I could improve my diet..I know what you are talking about..Its depressing..at least I was getting depressed...Rippedfsu had some good ideas for my allong with some other guys on the board...Thanks alot Guys.. and good luck clock works..

Thread Information