Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

Question To Sell the Bike or not to sell the bike that is the....

OK guys, and gals
    My wife just started nursing school, and she just started her first week of clinicals. Guess what the first patient she saw was? A motorcycle victim. The dudes head was as big as one of those XL pumpkins.He's on a ventilator and will probably die here soon. Not to mention there's another guy in the hospital from a motorcycle accident. He is all messed up too. As you can see in my Avatar I have a 2001 GSXR 750 She came home upset, and wants me to get rid of the bike. What do i do to keep the peace in the house?
    Sorry I've never done the poll deal, so any mods that wanna help me out go for it!
    A. Sell the bike pay off some debt
    B. Sell the bike and buy a nice ass sports car
    C. Sell the bike, keep the money and look at Harleys
    D. Tell her she can find another place to live if she doesnt like the bike?

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    been there bro...just sold me bike, the wife totally supports the bike idea. She loves it actually, however I am in the process of buying my first house, so she is gone

However I hope to get another very very soon. Maybe next summer if it all work out.

As for looking at Harleys save that for the other boys...once a rocket rider always a rocket rider.

If you have debt bro get ride of it..I had some and now I am absolutely debt free..what a feeling it is almost as good riding.

One more thing..I can't believe how many bros are going down this year. I can count 13 that i personally know of that have not only went down but wrote off their bikes completely. I don't know how many times in the past that I have came home put the bike in the garage and counted my blessings that I was still alive.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I know this one dude that ran his bike in a car infront of him...his license plate was were the cars normaly is...

Itīs your wife and she cares for you, but itīs your decision.

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Being a rider myself (but I recently sold my Yamaha R6- thinking about getting a GXR-750), I would say sell the bike.

Reason: Winter is approaching. Sell the bike, get a new one next summer.

How long have you been riding? How long have you been married?

Been riding 5-6 years, I know I said wife (Because we have been living together for like 3 years) but we are engaged right now. So about 3 year basically. I honestly couldnt spell finace'-sp? So there you have it

Shreds- the main reason I was looking at the harleys is their not as fast, and my woman would ride with me. She hates riding on the back of the Gixxer. God- I'm really starting to sound like I'm whipped huh??? But believe me during the summer, riding around with her on the back with a bikini top or tight shirt...... now that would be nice... Oh the sacrifices we make for our women...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    GET THE HARLEY GET THE HARLEY!!!!!

Yea palme, shes had some... well... uh... DD enhancements done and they look good in the bikini top

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    bro, i still can not find it in me to sell mine either. fiance says i'm a nut on it, and yes i am. i know it's dangerous, but there's just something about feeling free when you're flying down the highway..

juttsin is offline Junior Member
    i think im going to sell my r1 next summer. i just had a freind pass away on his bike. its not worth it.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    a) Just watch your driving, if there is a lot of traffic around have to watch speed as car really don't see bikes.
    b) Harley' are the way to go, after few years of rockets, i really want Harley next time
    c) Not sure what state your in, but wear good helmet! We have no choice in canada, but i know some states you don't have to wear one.

I amost always were a helmet, leathers, boots, and gloves. Have you ever seen road rash???? Its nasty, So she tells me last night that the other dude in the accident had his balls degloved, basically his scrodum was totally ripped off in the last accident.... I think I'm gonna get the sports car.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I bought a 2001 HD Sporty 883 Custom last February and when my finacee started talking to me agian in March, she told me she'd never ride on it. I know I ride VERY carefully and make a conscious effort to watch all the F-HEAD drivers around here. I want to sell my bike BUT I want to get a Custom, but then again I'm gonna need a new car soon. I'm all f'd up! And when you hear "someone was cut down by some old F" or my bro-in-laws brothers friend was on his GSXR and laid it down...that's not the bad part the fact the HE took out a couple trees was the worst! 21 YRS OLD! That scares me.... I love life don't want to loose it, but I love riding my bike too...

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    D - keep that shit

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Danger wise there is no difference between a rocket and a harley,The same assholes are gonna pullout in front of you.80mph on a harley will rip your face off just the same as 150 on the gixxer.Money wise the harley is the smart choice due to cheap insurance and re-sale value.I traded in my 2000 gsxr600 for a 2002 honda 919 this year but when I get to be in my mid 30's I would like a harley night train.So if its injury you are worried about buy the sports car I hear the new Ram air Trans am does low 13's stock .....thats the shit!

If I get a Harley I'm gettin a fat boy!

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    You know what I'm going to say, but I'll say it anyways ....Keep it!! A Harley isn't that much safer, a bike is a bike!! My dad's friend had to get a leg amputated b/c his heavy harley landed on it when he was in a wreck. If anything I think sport bikes are more maneuverable then Harleys.... Try talking to her about your riding experience and abilities, if it's something you love she should respect that.
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    at least you >have< the option of selling yours. mine ended up as scrap metal in a junkyard. i was riding down the highway, minding my own business when BAM, i get rear ended by some asshole kid who wasn't paying attention to the road in front of him. i was wearing tough pants, gloves, helmet and my beloved kevlar body armored jacked and ended up with only a tiny scratch on my arm (not even a scar really to show for it). i was going around 65mph when i got it.

a week later, my cousin borrowed my kevlar body armored jacket for a weekend ride, low sided into oncoming traffic and died.

i love crotchrockets to death, and i still want another one, but man, >everyone< i know who has one, sooner or later gets in a wreck. some get lucky (me), others aren't so lucky (everyone else it seems). you know the ole saying about em..."its not if you wreck...its >when< your wreck".

i know this prolly isn't what you (and the rest of you bike riders) wanted to hear, but i had to share my story...

-clocky baby

Sorry to hear about your loss bro

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Ditto bro! Gotta hurt loosen someone close!
    As far as buying a Harley....WAIT!!!!!!!! Look at the customs! There are some F'N BADDDDDAAAASSSSSEEEEDDDDDDDDD RIDES out there! If I could sell mine now and turn around and get a custom I would. Not to mention you can put a 131" 130hp beast with a 6 spd trans and a custom rake frame and crome and paint out the ASS for like 18k. Love that stuff....

TestTubeBaby is offline Associate Member
    why doesnt any1 like ducatis? are they not as good as "gixxers"? i really want a bike to toy around w/ on weekends, im into speed, being a sprinter and driving a trans am firehawk. i still gotta convince my parents. all i know is im want something FAST!!

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    Technically, speaking in terms of "fast", straight lines, a Gixxer will SMOKE a Ducatti.

Ducatti's are nice, but I don't really think it's worth the money. Then again, it depends on how much money you have to spend.

They are made in Italy. Italian bikes = $$$

Speed and bikes are fun, but the number #1 rule is safety.

There's a saying:

There's 2 types of riders... Shoot. I forget. (burnt out from work), can some1 finish this for me?

Those who are waiting to fall. And those who are...

RANDY-D is offline Junior Member
    my chick is a nurse, and works in the operating room, at a big hospital
    here. its been about 2 yrs know, i,ve had nights were i was trying to sleep, and she just pops up out of the blue~! and needs to talk to me.
    one night, she told me they found a guy that used to much cocaine, and he was brain dead, and his parents decided to donate all his organs,
    before my girlfriend went to lunch, she and another employee had the body on the bench at the hospital for the dr's to dismantle, she went to lunch for an hr and came back, and just saw the torso on the bench
    with the legs and arms on another bench, with the dr's peeling the eye balls out, and the other dr taking the veins and artieries out next to his heart. when they put the body back together, they used PVC in the arms and legs when they sewed them back on. anyways, the stories go on and on! people dying all the time in front of her, and people they cant even identify! your girl needs to be strong, she cant get emotional over stuff she see's, or she will get burned out at work! for me, i need to be strong and point out stuff to my chick, to keep her on track, and not to bring her emotions out of work! TOUGH JOB! I SAY KEEP THE BIKE, AND TELL HER TO CONTROL HER EMOTIONS! after the 1st yr, my chick has gotten use to it, know i just hear funny stuff! if you get ride of the bike, what happens when she comes home and says, she saw a
    bad car accident and saw 4 people die right in front of her? YOU GONNA SELL YOUR CAR NEXT? or IF A BURN VICTIM COMES IN AND DIES FROM INFLAMATION FROM BURNS, FROM THERE HOUSE BURNING DOWN, you gonna sell the house next? get my point? because all of these things i just described happen every day at hospitals, and ALOT WORSE!

The Verdict is in!

I'm selling the bike this spring and looking at Hot tubs for the back yard. I'll let ya know what happens!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To Sell the Bike or not to sell the bike that is the....-bikepic.jpg  

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Guys,

Keep it if it brings you joy! ride in less risky areas.

I hear from everyone they love riding....I have never even been on a motorcycle. Is it that hard to learn?????? I think I want one....will start in the spring with a used bike but the one I eventually want to get to is this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To Sell the Bike or not to sell the bike that is the....-base_phoenix_gray_metallic.jpg  

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    bro if you want to get ride of it to pay bills or to be more responsible then do it. But you are no safer on a harley then a gixxer. I wouldnt ride a harley if you gave me one. They are overpriced junk. If you want a cruiser get the warrior.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Love the Gixxer, just gotta get rid of it bro, I allready commited to the wife- hot tubbin for me now!

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Originally posted by Shredz
    been there bro...just sold me bike, the wife totally supports the bike idea. She loves it actually, however I am in the process of buying my first house, so she is gone

However I hope to get another very very soon. Maybe next summer if it all work out.
    Hey Shredz, I don't think he was talking about the pedal bike, like the one you sold……i liked the hot pink color though, and the baseball card in the wheel spokes made a cool sound...it was a nice ride, no doubt about it...shit now i miss seeing you on the damn thing....damn see what you have done now...get me all emotional and shit...

XXL

D.L. is offline Junior Member

Exclamation

Hate to show you this but I just had to do it... sorry...
    Maybe this will be you if you don't listen to the wife...

THIS IS NOT FOR CHILDREN AND PEOPLE WHO EASILY FEEL SICK!!!!!!!!
    this is bad...

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by D.L.
    Hate to show you this but I just had to do it... sorry...
    Maybe this will be you if you don't listen to the wife...
    URL]
    Now that I've lost my breakfast .. that was absolutely nasty!

My point exactly bro

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Holy Makeral...that is a sad sight.....a good reason to think twice about everything.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by MIKE_XXL

Hey Shredz, I don't think he was talking about the pedal bike, like the one you sold……i liked the hot pink color though, and the baseball card in the wheel spokes made a cool sound...it was a nice ride, no doubt about it...shit now i miss seeing you on the damn thing....damn see what you have done now...get me all emotional and shit...

XXL
    yep that is the one I was talking about XXL...the problem is when next year comes I don't think I am going to be able to find another bike quite the same..with that big Banana Seat! Remember when I used to double ride you???

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Yes, I just decided to sell mine also...I want to pay off some debt, then buy a engagement ring for my girl...So, if anyone is interested, I have a 1990 Yamaha FZR 1000 - 26K miles, $2500 - PM me if you want to talk about it...Here is a pic.

BMANN is offline Associate Member
    Hell no, don't sell the bike. Just be careful as you always are. I've had my R6 for 2 years now, and the only reason I'd sell is to buy an R1.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    ok bros no flame to ya but sell those crotch rockets!!! do whatever you got to do and get a road bike. everytime i see one i just hate the sound of those scooters!!!!! now the sounds of a nice indian or a harley crusin down the road!!!! jdawg bro get a harley and tell your wife now we have crusin bike!!-- sugar coat it and say it is alot safer!!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Ab- you rock bro, Good advise, I may be leaning towards paying off the second (loan) though! Have a good one!

boots is offline New Member
    Bro keep the bike,
    crashing them is part of the game I have totaled 4 bikes in 4 years
    and the last one was no joke I almost lost my leg but I'm still working on my strength in my knee so I can get back on the track.
    If it's what you love to do, then its what you do.

tatty is offline Member
    It's part of the game until you lose your friend, your brother, or yourself...

By all means, I like to learn to ride someday, but the amount of people that have gone down this year is phenomenal...not to mention my father's brother was decapitated on a bike a few decades ago...

As for D.L.'s pic...how the hell is that guy even alive?

boots is offline New Member
    Yes it does suck to lose people you know and care about, I know of about 4 people in the last two years who have been killed on bikes and a few others that where a little more lucky.
    But like I said if it's what you love to do, it's what you do!

Good Luck...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information