cadillacpimpin is offline New Member

Question Bowflex, is it worth the money?

I am thinking about buying a bowflex but before I do I would like to get some responses on it. Any feedback from users would be helpful. The main question I have is, Is it worth the money? Its not a cheap piece of equipment and I don't want to pay all that money when I could get a better workout on a cheaper piece of equipment. Thank you for taking time to reply.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I do not have one. A girl I work with loves hers and I think her husband likes it to. For home I would recommend a good piece of equipment and weights from here:

www.fitnessfactory.com

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    well what are you looking to do? If you want to get huge and massive bowflex aint going to cut it. I could see it working if your looking to loose body fat/tone down. Nothing can beat pure iron for muscle mass though. I could see myself getting better results with a barbell,bench and set of dumbbells . Way i see things is like this the guys they use in there commercials didnt get like that from using that machine so chances are neither will you.
    Last edited by RageControl; 10-14-2002 at 06:35 PM.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i think they might be good for when you wake up late or are just to lazy to hit the gym but i wouldnt replace the iron completely

dern180 is offline Member
    Cad I'm stuck with my blowflex. One day I ordered one and used it for 3-4 months and it sucked no real results. Hit the IRON after I stopped using it I went back to a gym in the last 10 months I seen suck good results. What I'm Saying save your money it. Invest in a gym membership. IT cheaper and better for you. P.S. My BOWFLEX cost was 1,200 $$$$$$$$.
    Last edited by dern180; 10-14-2002 at 11:54 PM.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    If your just looking to stay in shape and stay cut then I would say bowflex is a good idea but like Rage said: those guys didn't get like that from just using blowflex.....

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is better than nothing - but will not produce the results for you to ever advance past beginner.

durbin22 is offline Member
    Save your money and get a gym membership.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I didn't pay much more than $1,200.00 for my home gym...all free weights. It includes db's, squat rack (which I use for almost everything, especially when working out alone), leg press/curl machine, curl bars, I think around 400 lbs in plates is what I got, and most importantly a VERY good bench.

Just food for thought. The only problem is that you have to have room for your own gym, but to me it is well worth having it at home! Some people can't stay dedicated to lifting with a home gym, so keep that in mind also before spending a lot of hard earned money. I think I spent around $1600-$1700 total. After several years I have come out ahead vs. gym memberships.

peace,

ttgb

little_indian is offline New Member
    1200$$$ I'll save it for a lifetime supply of protein powder..he he he

Thread Information