Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I am

41 12.28%
  • No, I am not

293 87.72%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wezul is offline Junior Member
    just goto south beach,miami and look around all the gay men are ripped they are also on juice because of HIV or know someone that has it for RX

Medicine Man is offline Associate Member
    yup i am gay, was really into gaining size... i was 5'7'' 185... now i have gotten into modeling and they wanted me down to 165 so thats where i am... lift hard... later boys!

jim_kazana is offline New Member
    I am GAY too...
    not that big though: 195lb 6'1 10%bf..

BIG R is offline Member
    It was only a matter of Time before Shredz, Ketchup, Skid, And XXL would say some funny-assed shit. You guys crack me up. Now, now, us straight guys need to leave this tread alone before we make a parady of it!

T"triple three" you are a little out of line along with MAteus. I totally think that gay women and men would get "blackballed" right out of seriouse sports if they were to "come out" so to say. If Greg Louganis (sp) would have told the world his secret it would have not looked good for him in the Olympics representing America. I belive that he (at that time period and maybe today) would not have done as well inexplicably.

I know one IFBB pro BB'er that is gay that used to work out here in town at the gym I worked at. He said that is would definately be a bad move for him to make that fact known. Cool fellow with the weight of that facade on his shoulders he stll held it togeather for 02' competition.

R

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    im striaght,and love the female body, but lately my girl has noticed me on this site constantly reading and checking out progress pics....she asked me whats the deal with me looking at half naked men all night..i set it striaght!!! i told her that its motivation for me to take my own body to the next level. (it was kinda shocking to hear my girl say that, but then she has always flattered me telling me that i dress and look to good to be striaght) <====her words!

wantbigmusl is offline Junior Member
    add me in guys!

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Not gay but the gay games? WTF that's like the women's NBA or special olympics or something. I mean if they want to admit they're weaker and make a special league thats cool I guess.

TOLgymguy is offline New Member
    Gay here too. No bodybuilder but I bust my hump at the gym to keep what I have looking good.

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Bodybuilder here ,but 100 % straight, although my girl has me watchin' "queer Eye for the Straight Guy" every tuesday night and I must admit,.... I have been enjoyin' it .

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    I'm with A&F, I don't see the point in having a "Gay games." If you believe you have the athletic talent it takes, then try out for the Olympics!! I am a COMPLETE supporter of the Special Olympics because it is a justified competition. However, to have a whole other competition, labeled the "gay games" leaves me worried. I mean, people are not supposed to be sterotyped for sexuality, race, religion, ect., but then you have your own games? Is that not some sort of separation from the rest of society when gays are always wanting equality as in gay marriages ect.? I know it was said before, that it is not only gays participating, but it's the title of the event, and in my mind, that is dividing gays and straights. No flame intended to any gays on the site, as I am not a gay-basher in any sense, I just do not belive in the games.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by kstone6tb
    I'm with A&F, I don't see the point in having a "Gay games." If you believe you have the athletic talent it takes, then try out for the Olympics!! I am a COMPLETE supporter of the Special Olympics because it is a justified competition. However, to have a whole other competition, labeled the "gay games" leaves me worried. I mean, people are not supposed to be sterotyped for sexuality, race, religion, ect., but then you have your own games? Is that not some sort of separation from the rest of society when gays are always wanting equality as in gay marriages ect.? I know it was said before, that it is not only gays participating, but it's the title of the event, and in my mind, that is dividing gays and straights. No flame intended to any gays on the site, as I am not a gay-basher in any sense, I just do not belive in the games.
    I believe the gay games are a celebration of gay pride. Celebrating gay athletes.

Taken from their site:

By creating a safe and accepting environment, the Gay Games offers participants the opportunity to express themselves openly and to experience the cameraderie and validation of sport, culture, and art. The experience can be a highlight in one's lifetime.

While, individually, participants celebrate personal achievement collectively, we experience the solidarity of community and celebrate the diversity and scope of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community. Through the athletic and arts/cultural events of the Gay Games, stereotypes are challenged and barriers broken down.

Concept and Purpose
    The purpose of the Federation of Gay Games is to foster and augment the self-respect of lesbians and gay men throughout the world and to engender respect and understanding from the nongay world, primarily through an organized international participatory athletic and cultural event held every four years, and commonly known as the Gay Games.

While particular emphasis is placed on these specific goals, it is a fundamental principle of the Federation of Gay Games that all activities conducted under its auspices shall be inclusive in nature and that no individual shall be excluded from participating on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, political belief(s), athletic/artistic ability, physical challenge, or HIV status.

Now how can you be against something like that?

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard about a story recently where a student was suspended from school for wearing a "straight pride" t-shirt.
    An interesting question obviously is posed.. is it right to have pride if you're the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I heard about a story recently where a student was suspended from school for wearing a "straight pride" t-shirt.
    An interesting question obviously is posed.. is it right to have pride if you're the majority?
    The real question to ask is would a student also be suspended for wearing a gay pride t-shirt to school. Possibly the school doesn't allow students to wear t-shirts with messages so his suspension could have been taken out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The real question to ask is would a student also be suspended for wearing a gay pride t-shirt to school. Possibly the school doesn't allow students to wear t-shirts with messages so his suspension could have been taken out of context.
    He wore the t-shirt in response to a gay student wearing a gay pride t shirt. The gay student reported the shirt as offensive, and the straight student was suspended. Let me see if i can find the article.

EDIT: not in response to a gay pride t shirt, but was reported as offensive by gay students.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=22891

the case was taken to court, results here.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-24-2003 at 04:18 PM.

navydevildoc is offline Associate Member
    OK, this turned into a rant.....

See, it's shit like this that pisses me off. I am gay, but I sure as hell don't go flaunting it around like I have it plastered on my forehead. Every day I have to fight stereotypes that gay guys are all these fairy acting wimps what don't know how to act like a man. When it comes up in conversation, I don't have a problem telling people how I am, and almost every time people say "wow, I would have never guessed". WTF? Because I am "one of the boys" means I can't be gay?? There is no such thing as "straight acting" and "gay acting". Those are sterotypes that I wish would just go away! You are who you are, and the fact that I am gay is just important to me as the fact that I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Then, people come up with things like the "gay games". Now, I understand what they are trying to do, but I just wish that these same gay athletes would go out and compete in regular comps (maybe they do, who knows) and let everyone see that gay people can compete toe to toe with everyone else. THAT is what makes good role models. The image these games give is that gay people cannot truly compete with others, and so they had to go make their own games. Out of shame, out of embarrassment, whatever. Now, I know this wasn't the intent, but it's how it comes out on me when I read about it. It's also how I think 95% of straight people are going to take it too. I have to fight against gay prejudices and stereotypes every day, and this only makes it worse.

Anyway, I had to get that off of my chest. I feel better now, but still raged up enough to go to the gym... just in time!

BTW: If any of you have Linkin Park's newest CD, listen to Track 11... "nobody's listening". It's exactly how I feel about things like this. Oh your gay? You can't be in the military (was for almost 7 yrs). You can't get in the gym and bulk up (suprise). You can't be shit (whatever). You are going to hell (keep that shit to yourself, god himself made me this way). You had better believe this song is on the MP3 player every night in the gym. This is the rage that I keep bottled up to release on plates of iron.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.a...20010403a.html

and another.

I guess it's been resolved, but my question still stands, is it right, or can the majority express pride in the fact that they are the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    OK, this turned into a rant.....

See, it's shit like this that pisses me off. I am gay, but I sure as hell don't go flaunting it around like I have it plastered on my forehead. Every day I have to fight stereotypes that gay guys are all these fairy acting wimps what don't know how to act like a man. When it comes up in conversation, I don't have a problem telling people how I am, and almost every time people say "wow, I would have never guessed". WTF? Because I am "one of the boys" means I can't be gay?? There is no such thing as "straight acting" and "gay acting". Those are sterotypes that I wish would just go away! You are who you are, and the fact that I am gay is just important to me as the fact that I have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Then, people come up with things like the "gay games". Now, I understand what they are trying to do, but I just wish that these same gay athletes would go out and compete in regular comps (maybe they do, who knows) and let everyone see that gay people can compete toe to toe with everyone else. THAT is what makes good role models. The image these games give is that gay people cannot truly compete with others, and so they had to go make their own games. Out of shame, out of embarrassment, whatever. Now, I know this wasn't the intent, but it's how it comes out on me when I read about it. It's also how I think 95% of straight people are going to take it too. I have to fight against gay prejudices and stereotypes every day, and this only makes it worse.

Anyway, I had to get that off of my chest. I feel better now, but still raged up enough to go to the gym... just in time!

BTW: If any of you have Linkin Park's newest CD, listen to Track 11... "nobody's listening". It's exactly how I feel about things like this. Oh your gay? You can't be in the military (was for almost 7 yrs). You can't get in the gym and bulk up (suprise). You can't be shit (whatever). You are going to hell (keep that shit to yourself, god himself made me this way). You had better believe this song is on the MP3 player every night in the gym. This is the rage that I keep bottled up to release on plates of iron.

You my brotha need to ease off the test.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewCulture.a...20010403a.html

and another.

I guess it's been resolved, but my question still stands, is it right, or can the majority express pride in the fact that they are the majority?
    If that is the case the school is stupid. Plain and simple. The high school I went to suspended a Muslim female student for wearing a scarf to school. They said students are not supposed to wear hats. Even though Jewish students could wear yamicas. Both are worn for religious reasons. Made no fucking sense.

I'm sorry about your experiences navy, I imagine that being absolutely horrible.
    My best friend is gay.. to me, he's just another person. Hell, no matter what you are, you're still another person. You could like to have sex with goats, to me, you're still just another person. It is ridiculous to me that people descriminate.. doesn't make any sense. That's why i'm so curious as to the social motivations for descrimination. What could possibly make someone think they're better? The reason why i brought the straight pride shirt up, is because my personal feelings dictate that it's ok to be proud of what you are, but once you associate yourself with a group, and take pride in that group instead of pride in yourself, things start to become problematic. There will be people in your group that don't have the same thoughts and opinions as you. All the sudden, your pride is no longer your own, and instead is making something that you may not completely agree with stronger. I'm straight and proud. But Do i ally myself with every straight person? Hell no.
    Last edited by chrisAdams; 09-24-2003 at 04:27 PM.

What could possibly make someone think they're better?
    Well, I would like to think I am better in many ways to other people, but it has NOTHING to do with race, religion, sexualtity, or anything other than the personality of the individual in question.

If we could figure out why we natuarally fear and hate people different than ourselves 99% of the world's problems would be over.

kstone6tb is offline Junior Member
    Navydevildoc said it for me, why can't they just compete head to head with every other athlete? Noone has given a straight answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by kstone6tb
    Navydevildoc said it for me, why can't they just compete head to head with every other athlete? Noone has given a straight answer to that.
    Taken from the Gay games site:

By creating a safe and accepting environment, the Gay Games offers participants the opportunity to express themselves openly...

How many Olympic athletes after winning a gold medal do you see hugging and kissing their gay or lesbian partner? None! Why? Because I doubt they would receive product endorsements if they were openly gay. For instance Greg Louganis. He did not come out until retiring from diving.

Some of the athletes that participate in the gay games also compete in traditional sporting events. Part of the gay games is a celebration of gay pride. I still do not see what is wrong with it.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 09-24-2003 at 04:34 PM.

How many Olympic athletes after winning a gold medal do you see hugging and kissing their gay or lesbian partner? None! Why? Because I doubt they would receive product endorsements if they were openly gay. For instance Greg Louganis. He did not come out until retiring from diving.
    That poses an interesting question though, today's drive to be politically correct might spur certain companies to sponsor a gay athlete in order to gain market share with the G&L community, and political correctness advocates. It's been said that 10% of people are homosexual/bisexual/transgender. that's a pretty good market share.

Taken from the Gay games site:
    Some of the athletes that participate in the gay games also compete in traditional sporting events. Part of the gay games is a celebration of gay pride. I still do not see what is wrong with it.
    OK, I have gone to the gym and burned off some anger...

The problem I have with the "Gay Games" is the image it presents to most people who hear of it. You see it happening here.... "Why can't they compete with everyone else?" I have to fight every day against stereotypes, yet we are feeding this particular stereotype... that gay people are simply to much a "cream puff" to compete with everyone else.

If people really want to celebrate being gay, they would work their ass off, get into the olympics, and then do exactly what you propose... kiss their significant other right after getting the medal. THAT is the role model image that would get out to teens and young adults and make a difference. If you "rope off" gays into their own competition, all it does is add to discrimination they are already putting up with.

As far as sponsorships go, I thought a rule of the olympics (at least the US team) for most sports was that you weren't supposed to be paid for it. That's why we have 14 year old gymnasts and wrestlers that teach biology to high schoolers in their "day job". As far as afterwards, I think chrisAdams has it right... maybe it's time to start capatalizing on the gay market.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tt333
    Gay games is the dumbest shit ive ever heard of, I guess we need to have strait games too! Also we can have the White games, The Black games, The KKK games, The Crypt games and the Blood games.

HEY!!! We mustn't forget:

The Women Games

The Dudes Who Look Like Ladies Games

The Dudes Who Wanna Be Women But Can't Afford The Operation Games

The Fat Games (usually take place after the Fit Game)

ross3814 is offline Member
    I dont understand how gay people hate being "exploited" or "seperated" and then continuously seperate themselves by pushing their sexuality in everyones face. I am not a "gay hater" but I dont get why they always gotta tell the world that their homosexual. If you want it to be a commonly accepted thing, than treat it like a normal thing. I don't beleive that it is normal, but I would prob think it wasnt as weird if all these gay guys didnt always have rainbow ribbions, and parades, and seperate sporting events, or even a thread that asks BBing advise from gay guys. I think that straight guys can grow muscle too ya know.

ross3814 is offline Member
    pisses me off. and no, a gay student would not be suspended for wearing a "gay pride" shirt to school because you know that he'd be crying about his constitutional rights in his public school. that wouldnt
    work for the straight guy though.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    MAN im just sick of EVERYONE bashing on TALON!!! leave the poor guy alone.... O this is a thread about him? just playin Talon

talon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    MAN im just sick of EVERYONE bashing on TALON!!! leave the poor guy alone.... O this is a thread about him? just playin Talon
    By the way Big Sexy I love your legs. Would you mind if I caress them?

Quote Originally Posted by talon
    By the way Big Sexy I love your legs. Would you mind if I caress them?
    Just dont get your hand stuck inbetween the thighs..... ARM BAR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Just dont get your hand stuck inbetween the thighs..... ARM BAR!!!
    Oh baby you know I like it rough......

Oh baby you know I like it rough......
    Well duh... anyone who wants to slid inbetween these thighs has GOTTA like it rough

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    At one time a few years ago, I seriously didnt gays, i thought they should all be put away. My views have changed, I still Dont think being gay is Normal at all, But i no longer dislike them at all, Rather i think some of them can be some of the nicest people.

But On the same hand, What i dont like is Flaunting being gay and throwing it in your face saying " Hey I am GAY" haveing pride days etc.... I think by having these gay games will only cause more of a problem with people accepting Homosexualality. I just hate how Certain people and Gays are trying to prove to the world that being gay is Normal. Its Not!!! so please dont rub it in our faces.

Just because being gay is Socially acceptable to the public and governments doesnt make it Geniticly normal.

But the truth is.... Society deams what is normal now days even if it isnt.

I say this If your gay your gay...... I will sit down be your friend, by you a drink...... But please dont rub it in my face or whoevers face that your gay.... Just act normal about it dont flaunt it and dont be all flamboyent. and i guaranty more people will accept homosexuality.

Talon & Bigol'legs your comments are a bit off topic.

You 2 can keep that to PM.

Talon & Bigol'legs your comments are a bit off topic.

You 2 can keep that to PM.
    Bro please tell me you know we werent serious..Now you on the other had Carlos you sexy beast.......LOL...it was a j/k bro....

Bro please tell me you know we werent serious..Now you on the other had Carlos you sexy beast.......LOL...it was a j/k bro....
    YOU BASTARD!!! HOW DARE YOU LOOK AT OTHER MEN!!! sorry Carlos.. had to get it out!!

Quote Originally Posted by BullDogg20
    At one time a few years ago, I seriously didnt gays, i thought they should all be put away. My views have changed, I still Dont think being gay is Normal at all, But i no longer dislike them at all, Rather i think some of them can be some of the nicest people.

But On the same hand, What i dont like is Flaunting being gay and throwing it in your face saying " Hey I am GAY" haveing pride days etc.... I think by having these gay games will only cause more of a problem with people accepting Homosexualality. I just hate how Certain people and Gays are trying to prove to the world that being gay is Normal. Its Not!!! so please dont rub it in our faces.

Just because being gay is Socially acceptable to the public and governments doesnt make it Geniticly normal.

But the truth is.... Society deams what is normal now days even if it isnt.

I say this If your gay your gay...... I will sit down be your friend, by you a drink...... But please dont rub it in my face or whoevers face that your gay.... Just act normal about it dont flaunt it and dont be all flamboyent. and i guaranty more people will accept homosexuality.
    The comments you're making are purely based on stereotypes. You're assuming that all gay people are flamboyant. Which is not true. By your comments it's not that you accept gay people, it seems you tolerate them.

No one is trying to throw anything in your face. If you sit down and talk to your friends about your wife or girlfriend, you should be willing to sit down and hear a gay guy talk about his boyfriend or lover. I'm sure you'd say he's throwing it in your face.

There is nothing wrong with a group celebrating their pride. In NYC we have the Puerto Rican Day Parade, Dominican festival, San Genaro (Italian festival), Saint Patrick's Day parade celebrating the Irish, Gay pride parade... the list goes on and on. I still don't see whats the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by navydevildoc
    OK, I have gone to the gym and burned off some anger...

The problem I have with the "Gay Games" is the image it presents to most people who hear of it. You see it happening here.... "Why can't they compete with everyone else?" I have to fight every day against stereotypes, yet we are feeding this particular stereotype... that gay people are simply to much a "cream puff" to compete with everyone else.

If people really want to celebrate being gay, they would work their ass off, get into the olympics, and then do exactly what you propose... kiss their significant other right after getting the medal. THAT is the role model image that would get out to teens and young adults and make a difference. If you "rope off" gays into their own competition, all it does is add to discrimination they are already putting up with.

As far as sponsorships go, I thought a rule of the olympics (at least the US team) for most sports was that you weren't supposed to be paid for it. That's why we have 14 year old gymnasts and wrestlers that teach biology to high schoolers in their "day job". As far as afterwards, I think chrisAdams has it right... maybe it's time to start capatalizing on the gay market.
    I have no clue where you got the idea that the Gay Games are for athletes who cannot make it in real games. The gay games are a celebration of gay pride and gay athletes competing together. Have you actually checked out their web site?

I have no clue where you got the idea that the Gay Games are for athletes who cannot make it in real games. The gay games are a celebration of gay pride and gay athletes competing together. Have you actually checked out their web site?
    I think Im going to start a new parade.... "Donkey Parade". Its so everyone who likes being with donkeys can express themselves freely and show there competativeness. Check out www.dointhedonkeys.com and please do not bash the hopes and dreams of others to one day be equal and thought of as such.

Saint Patrick's Day parade celebrating the Irish,
    LOL... everyone's irish on st. paddy's day. That's not celebrating the irish, it's celebrating alcohol!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information