Thread: cold bath?

gst528i is offline Senior Member

cold bath?

so was doing some research on muscle recovery, and came across how cold baths help with recovery.
    Now is it true or do they just help for soreness, as i would think it just reduces the swelling and not help with recovery.

Ofcourse i'm all most positive the recovery or reduction in soreness is not worth a cold bath..

NATE0406 is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont know the science behind it but im sure it works.when i used to play football i always had issues with my right hamstring and my trainer made me always sit in ice baths every day for like 20 mins. this would be a question for musclescience. he knows more about it.

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Yes it helps. It tightens up blood vessels which helps to release the lactic acid after getting out.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    we have a cold plunge bath at my gym. the water is at 58 degrees. don't sound cold but it is! alot of runners use it after there work outs. i use it ever once in a while for a tight ham or sore knee. i can get in up to my waist but thats as deep as i go. i got a bro who holds several power lifting records, and i'm talking WORLD records. anyway, he wrights everthing down, what he eats, what he lifts(every rep down to half reps and misses), he started using the cold plunge and says it increased his recovery time and added some poundage to his lifts.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    i've read about some elite athletes doing that, but when i researched it (10+ years ago) there hadn't yet been a study showing whether it actually worked or not. interesting theory tho.

kman is offline Anabolic Member
    Love the cold plunge.. It helps me recover, and wakes me up big time!!!! I have a whole routine that involves steam, sauna, cold plunge, shower. Feel like a new man after that..

g0dsend is offline Member
    I saw somewere that Brock Lesnar jumps into a bathtub of almost freezing water after he worksout and stuff.

Screw that...

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    * Brings blood to the capillaries, therefore increasing circulation throughout the body.

* Cleans the circulatory system.

* Reduces blood pressure on internal organs.

* Provides flushing for the organs and provides a new supply of blood.

* Strengthens the parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems.

* Contracts the muscles to eliminate toxins and poisonous wastes.

* Strengthens the mucous membranes, which help resist hay fever, allergies, colds, coughs.

Thread Information