DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Central air condition

I have central air, now i have 3 sections with ducts (one level) living room (2) kitchen (1) bathroom (1) bedroom (1). Now if i were to seal the ducts from the kitchen and bathroom would that in theory push more cold air into the living room/bedroom ?

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    Yes. I do that and sometime even put a fan over my bedroom air duct just to suck more air into the room.

yes sir it will, kinda like in your car when you close 3 of 4 vents and the air blasts out of the open one.

gst528i is offline Senior Member
    yea, actually in apartment buildings when people complain about one room getting too cold they actually get ply wood and cover half of the duct to reduce the air flow. this is usually done on the duct that is closest to the air condition unit since air will take path of least resistance. if you can get a piece of card board and put it behind the vent and screw the grill back on.

Blog Entries
    nice gonna give it a try thanks guys.

I HATE THIS HEAT !!

... were u at? its breaking 100+ already here in phx ouch. went out to my car today only to find my lotion bottle exploded all over my interior... pissed

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    i hate this heat too

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    ... were u at? its breaking 100+ already here in phx ouch. went out to my car today only to find my lotion bottle exploded all over my interior... pissed
    I am in PA. My car temp read 102 today !

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtball_619 View Post
    Why do you have lotion in your car huh, rubbing one out while you drive?

Yeah, its a nervous tic of mine... some chew pencils, some bite there nails... i secretively deviate from the crowd and rub one off from time to time.

AZ is a dry heat and drys my skin out, thats what i tell people when they ask

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    I do it ghetto style, window units. I gotta put my bedroom unit in tonight, but it has a sweet remote control so I don't need to get out of bed to change the temp. A small price to pay for being noisy as fack.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah man we've been joking about how fast the weather would change and after freezing our asses off we'd be bitchin about how hot it is. I never thought we'd be seeing almost triple digits in early June. Praise God for central air conditioning! My dog doesn't even want to go outside. Poblem is Ihaven't even finished paying the gas company for the heat now the electric bill is gonna be though the roof!! Now I'm on budget plans with both companies. I do have a backup window unit just in ase the central sir takes a shit. The beach was nice today though with a nice breeze but the water is still too cold for swimming unless you're one of those crazy city people. The lifeguards are complaining that they're treating people for hypothermia when it's 95 out.
    Last edited by jerseyboy; 06-09-2008 at 10:53 PM.

wascaptain5214 is offline Senior Member
    i'm here in deep south louisiana. we been started up football camp yesterday. about 50 boys, half thew up before practice ended. we started at 730 ended at 930. went to the gym got home took a nap then off to all star baseball practice from 5 till dark. doing the same thing for the next 2 weeks! gotta love the heat

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I have central air, now i have 3 sections with ducts (one level) living room (2) kitchen (1) bathroom (1) bedroom (1). Now if i were to seal the ducts from the kitchen and bathroom would that in theory push more cold air into the living room/bedroom ?
    Before you close the grills you should check the air handler itself to see if there are dampers on the cans. If so, you can just close the dampers before the air even gets into the duct. That way you have no chance of hearing the grills whistle, which is a common problem when air is trying to get through closed vents. It'll probably work better this way too.

SMCengineer is offline Anabolic Member
    Oh, and make sure you keep the doors closed to the rooms that you aren't conditioning, otherwise you'll just be cooling those rooms anyway.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    im in PA also DSM. and i do what your asking all the time. Im not in my den, or bathroom to much. so i block them off and get the living room and bedroom nice and frosty

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    lol 102? You boys woudln't make it in H town

Thread Information