Babyweight is offline Female Member

Anyone here scared to fly???????

I just booked my flight today and haven't been on a plane in 4 years.. I'm scared shitless.... I leave November 7th, which means I will probably have nightmares all the way to that date.
    Any suggestions besides hitting the bar before I go up?????

Is first class a little more stress free??// if so, I may have to go that route.

Is anyone else like this????

Baby

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I won a full scholarship to do a summer semester at a university in England and ultimately declined because i am absolutely terrified of flying and have been all my life. The last flight i took (boston to chicago)...i had six coronas, two shots of jagermeister and a healthy serving of tylenol cold and flu PM....FOR BREAKFAST. I was wheeled onto the plane hannibal lecter style (okay, carried by friends) and was dead out and oblivious to the world until the very moment the wheels left the ground, then adrenaline took over or soemthing cuz i shot awake, drenched my clothes in sweat from the fear, then, the very second the wheels touched the ground in chicago, i passed back out. BTW, i greyhounded it home from chicago

so, no advice, just know there's someone out there, and on this board no less, a hell of a lot worse than you in this regard.

Cali is offline Female Member
    Oh wow. BigGreen, that's awful. Sorry to hear you had such a scary experience.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Baby take some drugs before you take off. A friend of mine was hitting it all the way from Thailand to Sweden, 18 hour flight.

Epic01 is offline Junior Member
    I hate to fly but do a couple times a year, what helps me is take a xanax just before the flight and usually sleep the whole time, I just went on a trip to New York with NaturalMass for the FDNY memorial and the only thing I remember about the plane trip is the take off and landing.

Epic

righton is offline Senior Member
    I HATE flying!! Whenever we have to go to a job site i'm always 18-20 hours behind them.....DRIVING!

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Pop 2 bars (zantax), down 3 screwdrivers, and listen to R Kelly's "I believe I can Fly" on a loop, then youll be straight

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    i am scared of 2 things and that is it. flying and spiders in that order. i fly home to ny alot so what do i do. not the safest thing but works for me and here is the formula. pills, liquor, and a tip in that order. i pick a pill or two that agrees w my stomach(which is all of them) and take that after eating big meal. then a liqour that doesn't make me violent.(dewar's) for me. then bf i pass out i grab the closest stewartest and tip her a 20 and ask her to keep and eye on me and if all goes well to wake me when we land. good luck h bomb

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Like the rest of the guys said have a valium and a few stiff ones before you get on the plane.
    I had to do that w/ my grandmother a few months ago. 2 valiums and 2 southern comforts on the rocks and she was good to go lol

BE_STRONG is offline Senior Member
    Not scared! I do it all the time!

I'm with Fatback. Take a couple of Xanax and you should be fine!

Originally posted by FaTbAcK
    Pop 2 bars (zantax), down 3 screwdrivers, and listen to R Kelly's "I believe I can Fly" on a loop, then youll be straight
    Are you sure you don't mean Xanex???? Cause thats what I usually take before a flight... 4 of them and like you said, I get the double shot screwdrivers at the airport...
    That last flight I went to Baltimore and did this and I was wasted by the time I arrived and don't even remember getting off the plane...

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    baby, you aint got nothin to worry about..Iam a airline mechanic and I tell you what..there are so many back up systems, for back up systems, that if some thing went wrong it would happen so fast you wouldnt even know it. When a plane goes down it is some thing really bad that happens, not just loosing engines, even if that did happen at 30000 feet you could cost for a couple hundred miles to an airport...But then again if you lost Hydraulics because the engine goes out..then you fucked...

Good Luck..Youll be fine.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    If you want to pop some pills, then do it. My suggestion is to just not sleep for a while before the flight, but that's just me. As for going first class, it will be a big difference. 2 seats in the place of three is much more comfertable. I flew direct from Connecticut to Las Vegas first class, and was loving it. I hate to fly, but it was more like being in a living room then a plane. Good luck.

nuke is offline Member
    Baby- It me Nuke. Pop the XANANX but go easier on the alcohol. Thats why you dont remember getting off the plane.

Valium is a good alternative. Take 2- 2mg bars with you. Pop 1 !!!

If you feel stressed still start taking .25 or 1.4 th of the sesecond bar until you feel good. Wait about 5-10 minutes.

( NO I DONT USE XANAX AT ALL !!!! :-) ~!

Ryanhallmark....thanks, that gives me a little piece of mind....I just don't want to miss out on things in life because of being scared to go on a plane. I had to miss out on a trip this weekend and haven't been on a vacation for 4 years, so this trip I couldn't pass up! I have been very stressed lately and really need this time to enjoy myself.

Nuke...I don't know about the Valium only because I have only taken it once and that was years ago. I'd rather take something I'm comfortable with if ya know what I mean.
    As far as the alcohol goes....I always say I'll drink just a little, but WE all know how that is! NOT!

tatty is offline Member
    You can also try Ativan as well, although it won't put you out...you'll still be drowsy...

Cali is offline Female Member
    I actually love to fly. Love the view until I get above the clouds and can't see and then I love the nap. Hopefully someone can help you, BW, it sucks that you would have to miss out on something because of a fear of flying.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Flying is a blast...so much easier than driving..however, now that they don't give you any leg room and the old fart in front of you HAS to put there chair back right in your knees....then flying sucks....

However, if the plane is going to go donw then it's going to go down....all you have to do is remember that if its your time then its your time...

Baby here is a little lame thing i do that makes me feel better when I get on the plane...I always touch the outside of the plane before I get on...I pat the side...kind of like I am asking it to help me out...be good to me...it's lame but it makes me feel so much better....or you could do what you always do and get shit faced and not remember the flight...whatever works...

Good luck girl!

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Hey baby if it would help you ill come with you and make you feel better!! Just giv me a holla

why thank ya...

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Hey baby you should have email at your personal account. Or maybe it did'nt' send throug

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i dont fly
    its said that when its your time to go it dont matter what your doing--but i look at it if its the pilots time to go dont mean its mine

yes aerosmith concert was at ice palace--was you there?
    i saw someone that looked like your pic.

Originally posted by Tapout
    [yes aerosmith concert was at ice palace--was you there?
    i saw someone that looked like your pic. [/B]
    Sorry, wasn't me....I would of loved to have been there though.
    I heard Steven Tyler looked pretty rough.

nuke is offline Member
    Originally posted by Babyweight
    Ryanhallmark....thanks, that gives me a little piece of mind....I just don't want to miss out on things in life because of being scared to go on a plane. I had to miss out on a trip this weekend and haven't been on a vacation for 4 years, so this trip I couldn't pass up! I have been very stressed lately and really need this time to enjoy myself.

Nuke...I don't know about the Valium only because I have only taken it once and that was years ago. I'd rather take something I'm comfortable with if ya know what I mean.
    As far as the alcohol goes....I always say I'll drink just a little, but WE all know how that is! NOT!
    You miss read baby. I meant Xananx. Take the Xananx and 1 drink..Sorry for the typo

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    In just over a year(since 9/11), I have flown to Toronto, Minneapolis, England, Paris, and Jamaica. Next month I am flying to LA, and then in December to Maui. I have no issue with flying, and it's just because I figure that it is no more dangerous than driving, which I do every day. The chances of something going wrong are so slight that I don't worry about it.

Also, if you can swing first class, go that way. If you are away from crying babies, and people poking you with your elbows, it WILL be easier to relax.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

primodonna is offline Female Member

Are you sure you don't mean Xanex???? Cause thats what I usually take before a flight... 4 of them and like you said, I get the double shot screwdrivers at the airport...
    FOUR xanax? damn, i have been knocked out by 1/2...or maybe it was the 2 hours of "cardio" i did right before i took it that did the trick

Try not to worry between now and then...look forward to the trip instead of fearing the plane
    What happens here, stays here

Vaj10 is offline Associate Member
    i leave on a flight today and im a big wussy after 9-11, im gonna take a xanax and have a few drinks at the airport to calm me down.

Wow Tigress you sure do travel alot... I'd love to see that much of the world.. Yes, I do think we are definately going to have to go for the first class. We will probably do it at the last minute when they have room and will do a last call for upgrades. That way it doesn't always cost as much, maybe $100 more per ticket.
    And the screaming babies would just make me lose it.. I have a problem with that...my nerves hit me to the bone when they don't stop crying..
    Can't you tell I'm not a mother???????

Primo: they are the weak ones thats why I sometimes take four. (.25 mg). My doctor doesn't like to perscribe the strong ones because they are so addicting.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    And the screaming babies would just make me lose it.. I have a problem with that...my nerves hit me to the bone when they don't stop crying..
    Can't you tell I'm not a mother???????
    Ditto Babyw. You are not guaranteed to have peace in first class, but the chances of it are much greater. No kids for me either, which is how I can travel so much.
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Next time tell me when you are flying up to see me...JEZZ ...this leaves me no time to make up the necessary excuses for the fiance...

You and your surprises sometimes!!

Don't worry about the flying..I love it personally. Nothing is gonna happen..Have a few drinks and relax and enjoy the flight.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shredz
    [B]Next time tell me when you are flying up to see me...JEZZ ...this leaves me no time to make up the necessary excuses for the fiance...

You and your surprises sometimes!!

sssssshhhhhhhhh. Haven't you noticed I never mentioned where i was going???

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    missed a good one yes steven looked rough ---no or small amount of makeup.

dern180 is offline Member
    Smoke a joint and take some V's that will relax you.

Originally posted by dern180
    Smoke a joint and take some V's that will relax you.
    I don't know about that.....but I'm sure it would do the trick..

Or you could keep yourself busy trying to get yourself into the mile high club the whole time.

Originally posted by Shredz
    Or you could keep yourself busy trying to get yourself into the mile high club the whole time.
    I believe I found a winner....

I believe I found a winner....
    meet me in bathroom at the back okay right after the seat belt light goes out!

Thread Information