Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Stories

g0dsend is offline Member

Ghost Stories

I personally believe in ghosts from other peoples strories, but never encountered one or experienced anything paranormal.

Does anyone have any stories to share about ghosts?

TJM7275 is offline Banned
    Dude my Aunt and Uncle had a ghost in their house. It was fun though, nothing mean. He would unplug shit and stuff like that. My little cousin used to see him when he was a little kid and was so afraid he didnt sleep in his own room until he was a teenage. The house was a three story and come to find out the man who built it, commited suicide in the top floor. He also put the pots on top of the counter once. It was creepy but cool. I really believe in them too. Just seen to much crap I cant explain.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    i do. but its to much to type right now. ill type it up later.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Here are two reliable sources of ghost stories . . .

www.coasttocoastam.com/
    http://www.fatemag.com/

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i thought i had a ghost. But i realised it was just dsm with a sheet trying to scare me

Ir0n is offline Associate Member

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've never witnessed one but in Mexico where my grandparents live, they see them everynight that there used to them. My dad went down there two years ago and got the crap scared out of him. He said he saw a lady walk straight to his bed and he couldn't see her legs, she was just like floatting. He said the room lit up like if it was day time when she was there, once she left it went back to normal.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    seeing would be believing for me on ghosts

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    I believe they exist, but am yet to encounter one.

jchopper1 is offline Banned

dont know if thats real or not but scared the shit outta me. in tombstone az,in the cemetary there have been numerous citings.

mattj255 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish&Andy View Post
    I believe they exist, but am yet to encounter one.
    Same

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    I, with two other people, witnessed a voice out of thin air

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    I had an episode of Old Hag Syndrome.
    google it.

But just had it once...weird shiz

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    I believe in many different forms of energy. If you wish to call them ghost ok.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I could write a book on what I've seen/encountered.....No lie. They definitely exist.

Skully44420 is offline "A Work in Progress"
    when i was about 12 or 13 i was home alone watching tv in the living room...saw something red in the corner of my eye in the hallway of my parents bedroom and when i looked over to it i saw a tall older looking guy with a long beard and he was dressed like a miner from way back in the gold mining days...and he was glowing red....scared the shit outta me and all i did was hide under the blanket for a while LOL...i told my mom about him when i was about 17 or so and she said she saw the same guy in the same exact spot of their room...i've also heard a little boy laughing from behind a hutch...come to find out it was a little boy that got hung in a tree around the apartments and other people that lived their had seen him and heard him...also got friends that have seen/heard ghosts or experienced phenomenons like that...so yeah i believe

StoneGRMI is offline Giggity Giggity Giggty!
    Blog Entries
    I see dead people...all the time...

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    ive "seen" things when half asleep but its all in the brain. I really dont believe in ghosts

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    i dont believe in the paranormal since i have yet to encounter any of it. same with god, religion etc.

need to see it to believe it.

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post
    i dont believe in the paranormal since i have yet to encounter any of it. same with god, religion etc.

It is perfectly understandable.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphic View Post

I believe in ghost way before i would ever believe in god.

religion is man made it dont count. We all know people **** up everything.

RangersLTW is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Where I live there is a bridge where some child was killed. Way before I was born, never even heard the story before it happened. A few of my friends and I were hanging out down there away from town and those annoying crown vic's. It was kind of late and one of the guys says "shutup, did anybody else hear that?", so we got guiet and you could hear a baby crying. Well, we did what any four guys would do, got out the flashlights and walked towards where we thought we heard the cry..........BULLS***.....there was nothing but dust and tail lights.

numbat is offline Member
    First off, I'm a living encyclopedia of paranormal subjects. Some of my best friends are ghost hunters/paranormal investigators and I've been force fed information for years now.

They have a grip in electronics. EMF detectors, white noise generators, sony night-shot cameras, IR cameras, K2 meters, Hi-8 recorders, Mini-DVD cameras, and list goes on. Some of there EVPs are astounding. If you have ever watched Ghost Hunters or similar shows , EVP stands for Electronic Voice Phenomena. It's when voices appear on playback of a tape recorder that weren't audible when it was recorded.

They ask questions like, " Is there anyone here who would like to speak to us?" and believe it or not , they often get replies in creepy ass voices. Keep in mind these replies are sometimes direct answers to questions they ask. Alot of times they pick up these "voices" interwoven in there own conversations as well.

For instance, one clip I heard from an investigation in an old asylum was in reply to a simple question. "How many ppl are here in this room with us?" a reply clear as day responded "seven-teen".

They claimed to have been pushed, slapped, scratched, etc through there years of investigating. I have a good story I'll share when I have more time.
    Last edited by numbat; 06-25-2008 at 12:26 AM.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsxxr View Post
    I believe in ghost way before i would ever believe in god.

religion is man made it dont count. We all know people **** up everything.
    BINGO. "Ghosts definitely exist," say people. Then where is the scientific evidence the definitively proves this to be true. Oh, there isn't any.

ANYONE WHO DOSENT BELIEVE IN GHOST THEN EXPLAIN THIS...http://youtube.com/watch?v=7_As38a1TY4

Blog Entries

CSAR is offline AR's Cunning Linguist
    I grew up along the Oregon Trail. I swear I saw a bunch of dead pioneers one night. Either that or it was the tequila.

Overhaulz is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jchopper1 View Post
    ANYONE WHO DOSENT BELIEVE IN GHOST THEN EXPLAIN THIS...http://youtube.com/watch?v=7_As38a1TY4
    That made me chuckle.

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I don't believe in God, a heaven or a hell, however ive read about and seen/heard personally too many weird things to disprove ghosts. Of course I get "well if you believe in ghosts how can you not believe in heaven/hell" and there is the limited mind of so many people. Why does anything unexpected HAVE TO BE an act of God? Infact, why do ghosts HAVE to be after images of the dead. If ghosts really do exist, I personally believe they are a phenomena that occur on earth that science yet hasn't been able to explain and have absolutely nothing to do with the dead rising from the grave.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Heard about a ghost story from my mom a few days ago. My cousin was closing up his night club for good and his fiance and his mother saw 2 different ghosts in the club. One was a tall man and the other was a girl and I'm wondering if that girl was the same one that died after a night at his club, she drove home drunk and flipped her jeep and it crushed her. His fiance said the man came in and so she went to get my cousin to go serve him a drink and when they both came out of the managers room and looked around the guy was no where to be found and then another time a woman came in and as my cousins fiance approached her she vanished right there and then. I really doubt they would make this stuff up as it would be pointless but it sounded freaky as hell when she was telling me this.

dece870717 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Overhaulz View Post
    BINGO. "Ghosts definitely exist," say people. Then where is the scientific evidence the definitively proves this to be true. Oh, there isn't any.
    How can you prove a supernatural thing with natural methods? Supernatural is outside the boundaries of the natural world. Its not possible, it'd be like trying to test or prove a third dimension living in a two dimensional world it can't be done and it could never been understood.

wilson9d is offline Senior Member
    i never really believed in them but i have had real exp with ghosts. to long to type now but i will later.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    i brought a similar thread up on bb.com, thankfully this site tends to be filled with better educated and more stable individuals.
    I've had lots of experience with the paranormal, topping the list would be 'demonic' possession without going in to detail I think it's starting back up and I may have caused it by discussing it a few weeks ago. Last time it last a few months before being 'exorcised' but the person in mention would get covered in scratch marks in form of words or numbers on a daily basis, sometimes while we were out in public.
    These things are real, I don't fully understand them, in fact no one does but they do exist.

There have been scientific studies on LOTS of cases, though they aren't sure what causes them they do document them happening. One of the most famous was in spain back in the 70's. A lady reported faces appearing on the floor of her home that appeared to be screaming, at first only smaller than more came by the dozens, after the media got a hold of it the spanish government stepped in to end the 'escapades' and prove it as a hoax once and for all. They took pictures of the floor where the faces would show up and than sealed the room off completely with wax. When they removed the wax and unsealed the room the faces on the floor had changed and more had come, after excavating the area they pulled up bodies that dated back to the 1700's I believe and all the bodies were missing heads. The faces never stopped and continued on, she died in 04 and her house was put up for sale.

There are many many others out there and if you look hard enough you can find them in your own area but it's difficult to find solid evidence on something that is not physical. They have Electronic voice phenomena, elctromagnectic readings, night vision video, pictures and more but honestly, it will never be enough to prove anything to a skeptic until they experience it for themselves.

I have made it very clear to any potential ghost living in my house that if they scare me I will be beating some apparition ass when I die.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    no such things as ghosts. just your mind messing up the simulations

g0dsend is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian meat View Post
    I have made it very clear to any potential ghost living in my house that if they scare me I will be beating some apparition ass when I die.
    hahaha thats great.

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron View Post
    See, I could agree to that to a point but when multiple people experience the same thing without common knowledge of it than what is it?
    I used to hear a girl giggle and laugh at my old house, little did I know my sister used to see a girl in her bed room at night. We didn't tell each other what we had been seeing or hearing for the first year we lived there. That was only one of the things that happened in that house. I had my bed slide 5 ft from the center of the room to the wall when I went to sit on it, k maybe it just slid by itself or maybe I knocked it and it slid, being all of 80lbs at the time you could imagine I wouldn't know my own strength luckly my mom and brother were home to help me move it back since it had an oak base.
    The sliding glass door used to open at night followed by foot steps in the hallway, this happened almost every night sometime without the door opening. One day my friends were over and it happened, I never told them about it but they flipped out when they seen the floor boards move and heard someone walking right in right of them.

I lived in that house for 3 years, long enough to turn the biggest skeptic into a believer. When we moved out I asked the landlord for the 50th time what happened there, turns out that a man killed his daughter than himself about 30 years prior.

The same way you can't accept it because of the lack of evidence you also can't deny it because there is no evidence that says it does not exist.

bmg
    bmg is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron View Post
    is that a matrix reference?

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmg View Post
    is that a matrix reference?
    no it wasn't intended to be, but you're right it does remind me of what the Mervingian wife said.

Anyways, your brain is essentially a big simulation. It takes what it gets and does its best job to produce accurate results. This is why all those tricks work that people see with images on the internet.

Your brain want's to see faces, it's meant to recognize them. If it sees just the makings of a face you're going to see it. The same goes for sounds, when it's put together if the brain can't recognize it exactly, but feels it's close enough to something it heard before, that's what you're going to hear.

One of the biggest problems is the way the eye handles processing information. It is always looking ahead so to speak. So it predicts what you will see next. This is how those optical illusions work.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,361623,00.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information