KeyMastur is offline VET

Where is the fastest interstate ?

Was just drivin the other day on my way from FL to TX, and came across a few speedy parts. So I ask you, where does everyone else seem to drive like a bat out of hell ?

- The Florida Turnpike from West Palm to Orlando - fast lane was averaging 90, a 5 car line of us doin 95 - 100. Right lane was averaging 80 - 85.

- Interstate 10 (I-10). As you should know it runs all the way across the US. Was doin 90 - 95 the whole way from Mobile, AL to Houston, TX - only saw 1 cop (a first).

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    I went from baton rouge louisiana to hattisburg mississippi going 130 most of the time non stop until i was about 1/2 mile away from hattisburg exit where I luckily got clocked at 105 intead of 145. I had reached 145 twice during my journey of speed. I ended up getting a 200 dollar ticket and was released,no big deal for such a rush.

Disclaimer: when attempting these speeds it was upwards of 1:30 in the morning and I took extreme caution in doing so. I in no way wanted to put in danger the life of others but felt the need to realize my cars potential before giving her up. damn i was going fast, 145 looked so fast bro's at one point right after the slidell exit i passed up a guy who was apparently going speed limit(70) and he must have thought It was the damn batmobile or something. Well peace

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    lol...probably somewhere in Texas...you texas mofo's drive like bats out of hell

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    dude! interstae 10 houston to beaumont...at least 95mph in fast lane (average).....but interstate 90 from charlote,nc to fayetville to raleigh durahm is fast too about same speed. i heard somewhere in montana they dont have speed limits i dont know if true,but who'd wanna go to montana anyway?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    who'd wanna go to montana anyway
    Anyone who's ever driven there. I guarantee you they would go back in a heartbeat. From 5000 feet over Butte pass in the Rocky mountains, to the wide open praries where the road stretches out as far as you can see. In Monatana if you are doing any less than 80mph truckers and grannines will cruise past you. I've passed state troopers doing 100mph and they seem like they could care less. But the max speedlimit is 75mph on interstates all across the USA as far as I know. There no better place in North America to drive than Montana.

Fooboy is offline Associate Member
    i hear that montana has no speed limit....but i don't wanna go there.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by Fooboy
    i hear that montana has no speed limit....but i don't wanna go there.
    i definitely wouldn't mind hitting up some slopes in montana...beautiful country if you asked me...just wouldn't want to live there forever....

http://www.goski.com/resorts/rusamt/montana.htm

Autgrfan98 is offline New Member
    I-10 has got to be the easiest to cruise on... Lake City to Jacksonville..... 105mph on a Sunday afternoon...........Turned the Rental Car in smoking under the hood......Just like the scene from Days of Thunder......

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Ive once led a train of cars going like 95-100 on I-10 West on my way to tallahassee. The right lane was going like 80-85...The sad part was this prick kept trying to pass me on my right even though i was going 95-100...For half an hour i would play cat and mouse with him. Ever time he would move to the right and speed up, I sped up too and he would eventually have to merge back in because a slow car was in his way. I couldnt stop laughing as i could see the guy cursing and muttering under his breath with his family in the car. Eventually I let him pass me and he gave me such a dirty look..HAHAHA

I think you are right key about the FL turnpike, people go pretty fast. Although you got to get out of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm beach(ESPECIALLY) before you speed as the cops are dicks there. You go over 5 MPH the speed limit(70) there and they will pull you over. A friend of mine was going 80 and a cop pulled him over. He was driving a 93 Buick LeSabre as that is the used car his father decided to buy for him. The cop sees the car, starts laughing at him, and was like "Does your grandpa know you are driving his car this fast?!??!" Needless to say my friend was pissed. I think the best part to go fast on the FL turnpike is between Gaiesville and Orlando. Ive made it, like 100-120 miles, in roughly an hour.

It sucks one time I was driving from Gainesville to Miami, a 345 mile drive. I made it to like Palm beach county in 3 hours. I thought i was on schedule to get back home in under 4 hours but with more congestion down there it took me like another 75 minutes to do the last 60-80 miles....

Thread Information