Thread: Mad Metal!!!!

Babyweight is offline Female Member

Mad Metal!!!!

Not that it just occured to me, But sometimes I wonder about Heavy Metal Music and the emotions it brings out on us.
    Personally, I'm not sure if it's the emotions that bring out the Metal??
    Have you ever noticed that if you are angry (more so than upset), that the choice of music is much harder???? It is for me at least.
    When I'm frustrated, pissed, or just plain in the F**K you mode, I can't help but to crank up the ol metal. It makes me feel so much better. I don't know if this is psychological or what, but does anyone else feel this way???
    Don't get me wrong, I like Metal as much as I do Tecno or alternative, but It seems the metal falls into play and is more suitable to the nerves when your mad.
    It calms me, in a strange way, and makes me feel sort of relieved.

Then.....You see all these horrible things kids have done these past 6 years or so with the Columbine case and others (can't think of the others at the moment) and these parents blame that the "Heavy Metal" is part of the cause of these kids going psycho.

Would anyone like to share their thoughts on this??
    Sometimes....it just makes you wonder about the mental state it sometimes may or may not bring out in oneself.

So beware of a Mad woman on the interstate jamming heavy metal like myself, and hoping its not that time of the month...

Whew...I feel much better now.

Babyweight

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I jam the shit out of some hardcore when I'm pissed. It just accompanies the mood. I'm a huge fan of most music but I'd say hard rock and trance top my list.
    As far as it being influential on emotions to the point of violence, I would say music can intensify a feeling but kids(or anyone for that matter) that take out aggression in shootings and unjustified violence have bigger issues. As far a parents blaming music or TV, it's such a cop out. They place blame in any place that it can be placed(I'm sure they place blame on themselves to) so that closure can be brought to a tragedy. Their is really no telling what causes these outbursts because I'm sure different variables apply to each specific case. Their are so many possible causes-Peir pressure(any aspect), hormonal depression, ridicule, poor parenting, and the list goes on.
    Relating to a song is one thing, but making it a reality of your life shows influences(or lack there of) outside of the music. It's a pitty to. I used to indentify with vulgar and treacherous music when I was younger like these kids do and had thoughts of suicide and homicide more often than not but gradually matured and realized my self. These kids havn't done that and they fall victim to their own depression before they even figured out who they are.

Cali is offline Female Member
    LMAO

"So beware of a Mad woman on the interstate jamming heavy metal like myself, and hoping it's not that time of the month..."

I agree that it helps. Kind of a way to vent the frustrations.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I jam metal when i inject...usually saliva or flaw....just puts me in that kinda mood...also great when working out....

for anyone who hasn't heard of flaw, let me tell you they rock! download "amendment" and "only the strong" off winmx or kazaa....
    Last edited by Big Rush; 10-25-2002 at 01:52 PM.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    I jam metal when i inject...usually saliva or flaw....just puts me in that kinda mood...also great when working out....

for anyone who hasn't heard of flaw, let me tell you they rock! download "amendment" and "only the strong" off winmx or kazaa....
    Flaw is the shit. I jam that CD several times a week. The lead singer(don't know his name) has an amazing voice.

samoth is offline Member
    Yeah, I like to put on Satyricon or some old Darkthrone when I sleep... really sooths my nerves. C'mon, you how can you listen to 'Slaughter of the Soul' and get angry and pissed??
    Do people really consider Saliva 'metal' nowadays? Christ....

samoth is offline Member
    By the way, since this is a Metal thread, It is my duty to plug

MANOWAR, THE KINGS OF METAL!!!

Hail and Kill.
    That is all.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    nothing like jamming to Pantera, sepultura, or bio-hazard when i'm pissed off.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by samoth
    By the way, since this is a Metal thread, It is my duty to plug

MANOWAR, THE KINGS OF METAL!!!

Hail and Kill.
    That is all.

MAN O WAR damn, old school sh*t "fighting the world" was the sh*t.

maguilagorilla is offline Associate Member
    when im pissed! dudes ill pop in some hard ass Garth Brooks or hell even some Barry Manilow man it helps bring out all the tension SO YOU watch out if you see a mad mexican on the highway listening to some heavycuontry hahaha

Thread Information