Thread: digital cameras

peaker is offline Senior Member

digital cameras

hey bros, was planning a up and coming cycle but decided to hold off for at least a year or so, so i have this left over money sitting here. I need to buy something before i spend it on crap. was thinking about a digital camera. looking to spend about $700 AU, around $350US so any advice on a choosing a good one. want to get a 3 mega pixel one. was thinking about the FUJI FINEPIX A303.

thanks

peaker

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I'm using a FUJICAM Finepix 2300 2.3mega pix and find it brilliant. If you thinking of quality checkout my steroid pix on the steroid pix board. Some considerations with buying digicams;
    Get yourself rechargable batteries, they DEVOUR batteries.
    Don't be tempted by brand names as their all pretty much playing on a level field at the moment.
    Unless your thinking of making prints don't bother about going above the 2-3mega pix range as you will not see a difference on screen.
    If you do alot of night time photography forget a digicam, their flashes are rubbish and you'll pay big bucks for a digi with a hotshoe.
    Download www.irfanview.com it's by far the easiest photo editor you'll find and much simpler than the manufactors software.
    Let me know if you need anymore help.

Bouncer

peaker is offline Senior Member
    check your pm's bouncer

peaker

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Yeah there is Bouncer, i was gonna say ask him..He said that he did alot of research on them.. I too am going to be looking for one.. I think that It would be great to have one.

shorty2big is offline Member
    also make sure that you get one with AT LEAST a 3x optical zoom

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Consumer Reports last issue rated digital cameras. Stop by a bookstore and check it out. I ended up with the cannon A40 2.0 megapixel...perfect for what I want to do....was rated second best at 2.0 level and was only $248 at wallmart. Has many features that higher priced cameras have..

Thread Information