Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Tips on finding a job after college graduation

i will be graduating in a few months in a computer related field....any suggestions on how to go about finding a decent job besides the student career center and monster.com? any bro's from AR hiring ??? PM me

tt333 is offline Senior Member

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    move. thats the best way. there are plenty of jobs, you just need to be able to relocate. people complain about not finding work when they only look within 30 miles. for computers, there are plenty of jobs in hartford, ct; boston, ma; NY, NY; and Phoenix, Az.

your school should have a job fair, try that. also monster/hotjobs/etc for computer is usually pretty good.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Network and Network some more. Talk to all your freinds about people they know...Think of anyone you know personally. It all works on who you know. You are networking this board right now.

I have been lucky enough not to do the moving thing. Many friends have gone that route and hate leaving their freindships and faily behind for the $. I am a programmer and database admin for a large bank and have been with the same company for 11 years now..8 miles from my house and this is the area I grew up in so I still get to see most of my friends from childhood on up.

FaTbAcK is offline Banned
    Do you have a G-string? LOL......you might need it because the computer industry is bleak at the moment bra....

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Pray

hehe, seriously, though, I'm an EE and it took me a few months after graduation and applying to about 200 jobs before I got one.

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    With the IT industry in it's current state, it's sometimes hard to find a good job. Usually you'll find a job, way under your qualifications.

I suggest trying to get experience now, while you're still in college.

Perhaps an internship (although it's always better to get paid).

Of course, knowing people always helps. As the above posts say, network, network, network. Get your fellow graduates' phone numbers, email addresses, etc. Keep in touch with them. Hopefully someone lands a good job and has the ability to get you into a good opportunity.

Good luck.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Talk to a headhunter.

Thread Information