FireFighter is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Damn christmas is around the corner

Cripes,

Christmas is just around the corner. Shit I totally don't have the cash flow for it. Its a great time and all but its such a pain on the wallet. especially when you don't have any money to begin with!. Anyone else feel the same way. Plus I hate shopping. Too many freakin people in the mall... awww what a shitty time! haha.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ive lost the christmas feeling i had as a kid. I only celebrate it now cause my brothers kids likes it and seeing them tear the presents open makes me smile. But exept that i hate all holidays and birthdays.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    What is the big deal???..You buy all your gifts. Santa brings them to me. Maybe you haven't been a good boy the past few years

freakout is offline Associate Member
    I agree with you totally on the money expenditure issue. But Xmas is a season whereas everyone gets lovey dovey and intimate. And I do not like that because after that day, everyone gets back to become emotionless....

Anyway, I still buy presents for my friends as they meant a lot to me.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Just remember a gift of love doesn't cost anything....
    try framing a nice picture or something that has sentimental value. Sometimes those work as the best gifts of all and cost much less!

I've done this too where you can scan some of your most memorable pictures and make a calendar for the following year.

Just a few thoughts...
    It sure beats the mall crowds thats for sure!
    Baby

Cali is offline Female Member
    Good ideas Babyweight!

I bought a few things for my son and a few extra things that I've found on sale so when I get surprised with a "Oh man I forgot so and so" moment I have reserves.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I skipped out on christmas last year.

This year I'm making charitable contributions for family members. Most people hate that as a gift, but hey, I don't like christmas so it's a trade off.

You can bring on the Thanksgiving though. I loves me some turkey and dressing

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    Cali....if you have any other ideas, please pm them to me...I hate to wait until the last minute. Or if anyone else does.

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    Yeah thats a pretty good idea.. But i still need to go shopping.. ahhh i have no idea what to get anyone this year and the malls are a pain in the arse!

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I loved christmas as a kid and still love it now. But now I have to spend way too much money on my wife, mom and dad, brother and so on. Im shopping now for my wife, trying to get it over with and have her buy whatever for my family. Im usally the last minute guy trying to find presents on Christmas Eve so this year im shopping a litte bit earlier.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    try framing a nice picture or something that has sentimental value. Sometimes those work as the best gifts of all and cost much less!
    This is the way to go IMO. I given all sorts of gifts over the years and often gifts that cost several hundred bucks and after the novelty wears off they fall by the wayside. Then one year I thought I would pencil sketch portraits from family pictures for each of my parents and grandparents. Years later they are still talking about it. I guess people like these kind of gifts because they are special and you can't buy them. I would much prefer something useful, but hey I'm a utilitarian at heart.

This year I'm making charitable contributions for family members
    This is a great idea for old, rich or people who have everything. I do this for my granparents every year. They love it.

fast is offline Associate Member
    Christmas is very nice.. tho the holidays are very booring when everything is closed

durbin22 is offline Member
    As a kid I loved Christmas but now it's just a pain in the ass.

Thread Information