Nathan is offline Retired Moderator

Is the University of Notre Dame a good school?

I have seen Rudy and I'm all about short untalented people so I thought I'd ask. The campus looks nice. Not too crazy about living in Indiana but whatever. They sent me a brochure and a letter and stuff since, apparently, they are impressed with my GRE scores. Anyways, I hadn't planned on applying so I was kinda curious what the word is from those in the US of mother fucking A. Also, if you have ever had sexual intercourse with any species of aquatic animal, I'd like to hear about it.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Notre Lame (I mean Dame, can you tell Im not a football fan?) has actually a pretty darn good Engineering school. Of course the problem is Indiana, but thats another story. You can also check out the rankings (which are BS is you ask me) on USNews

Thanks. i also do not want to live in Indiana but pretty much anywhere is better than Ontario ya know?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Even though I prefer sheap, once in band camp we had this pet Seal and..... AHHHH ya N.D. is a good school. Depends on what your studying I guess. U of M is the best for Eng. I believe.

Originally posted by RON
    Even though I prefer sheap, once in band camp we had this pet Seal and..... AHHHH ya N.D. is a good school. Depends on what your studying I guess. U of M is the best for Eng. I believe.
    I study astrophysics. It isn't on the list of schools that are great for my field but whatever.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Its a good school and you got to be pretty fucking smart to get in. Thats why ND hasnt had a good football team till this year.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    damn astrophys. thats tough man. My gf was astrophys until she switched to phys/math to graduate a semester early to move with me to massachusetts (I went to grad school). in fact thats how we met. I decided to add a major in Phys to my degree (I was having fun and wanted to stay an extra year). she was much better than the typical music groupies I was dating. not as good looking, but not as dumb as a sack of wet potatoes.

anyway, back to the topic. typically the ivy leagues, caltech, berkeley, stanford, mit are ranked the best in physics. it has been my experience, however, that they treat thier students like shit. in astro, i would say pick a good well known and respected advisor.

if you are going PhD it is going to be long. astrophys is typically a longer PhD than other Phys disciplines and overall the Phys average is about 10 years (which is why I went into Polymers), and then you might not find a job.

anyway, good luck

David B. is offline Member

Re: Is the University of Notre Dame a good school?

Originally posted by Nathan
    Also, if you have ever had sexual intercourse with any species of aquatic animal, I'd like to hear about it.
    Well, there was Susan on the swim team back in high school...

--dnb

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Hollow
    Hasnt had a good football team until now? Ummm I think they won a few national championships along the way.........anyway, if I had 1 choice it would be Notre Dame.....hands down the most elite school.

Ummm, when were the National Championships one? Back in the 80s. They have raised the academic level and ND hasnt been shit till this year.

Wimmpy is offline Associate Member
    Had friends go there and used to visit. Thought it was pretty cool. BTW had a girl with webbed hands once.... does that count?

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Wimmpy
    had a girl with webbed hands once.... does that count?
    No way? Thats cool. I bet she could swim well

Originally posted by Wimmpy
    Had friends go there and used to visit. Thought it was pretty cool. BTW had a girl with webbed hands once.... does that count?
    Yes, that counts. Chock one up for Wimmpy.

Thanks guys. I am applying to Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, Cambridge, Notre Dame i guess and not sure where else yet. it will depend on how I do on the physis GRE's come Saturday. It probably won't go well though since i haven't even learned a lot of the material being in astrophysics. i think they put that into consideration though. Anyway, thanks for the input.

Big_Dippin is offline Associate Member
    I am definately not a Notre Dame fan but the school is one of the best. Great academic programs, great tradition. Good luck in your choice.

Originally posted by Nathan
    Thanks. i also do not want to live in Indiana but pretty much anywhere is better than Ontario ya know?
    Could be worse you know... you could be in Saskatchewan....

Red
    The last Saskatchewan pirate!
    Arrrrr matey!

Thread Information