adaptations is offline Member

age....does it matter?

Ok i have a question.

What do you all think about this...

Do you think its normal for a 20 yr old girl to want to be friends and hang out with a 35 yr old guy?

What do you all think about a MUCH older friendship...i honestly think there is is no need for it...and theres is something wrong that a guy wants to be friends with a girl who is significantly younger(15yrs).

I mean if you work with the person...then be friends with them..but keep it AT WORK....there is no reason for it to leave the workplace...

Am i in the wrong for thinking this is odd and wrong...

Because now im being called close minded for thinking this...

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member

Re: age....does it matter?

Originally posted by adaptations
    Ok i have a question.

What do you all think about this...

Do you think its normal for a 20 yr old girl to want to be friends and hang out with a 35 yr old guy?

What do you all think about a MUCH older friendship...i honestly think there is is no need for it...and theres is something wrong that a guy wants to be friends with a girl who is significantly younger(15yrs).

I mean if you work with the person...then be friends with them..but keep it AT WORK....there is no reason for it to leave the workplace...

Am i in the wrong for thinking this is odd and wrong...

Because now im being called close minded for thinking this...
    Normal, no. But what's wrong with not being within the "norm?" But I wouldn't jump to a conclusion to say there's anything wrong about it. I don't know the 2 people.

Sometimes two people just click, regardless of age...

I'm 26, I've dated girls a from 30 to my current gf, who is 19.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I have friends that are 10 years younger and some that are 5 years older. I think age doesn't matter if you have similar interests.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    Most of my weight lifting partners are alot older then me. And dont have as many girl "friends" since my wife would kill me! I think its sick when I see older guys trying to hit on 16yr girls.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im 20 i have friends up to 35-36. Some gym buddies go up to the 50 mark but we can still talk shit at the desk and thats cool.

Im playing tag with a 32 year old honey myself and im not complaining!

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Doesn't matter a damn to me buddy. Although I'm married I have plently of female friends from 19-30 and find every single one of them 'my type' (wink wink)

Bouncer

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Adaptations,
    I have to ask what motivated this question. This is one of those classic double standard questions. My answer is sure it is no problem that a 20 year old girl is friends with a 35 year old guy unless the girl is my wife, girlfriend, sister, or daughter.

D.L. is offline Junior Member
    I can't see there should be anything wrong with that...
    I'm 17 and I have friends that's 30-35 (not girlfriends of course!) and nearly everybody at the gym is older than me...
    But on the other side, I doesn't look or act as though I'm 17, people always think I'm 24 or something like that when they don't know me...

Also one of my best friends' mother is married to a guy that's like 12 years younger than her, so it all depends on the persons...

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Nothing wrong w/ it but I find at 33 I don't have much in common w/ 20 year old male or female.

alevok Guest
    it is cool, it does not matter at all. Love does not have any age. When I was 22 I was dating to that woman who was 36, it did not bother me at all and the sex was awesome!!!!. (man I am on test, does it show too much?)

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    Rickson, that is exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. I also don't know the guy that adapt is talking about, but chances are the guy is not looking for simple friendship. This is just how the typical guy thinks.
    I think we need more info to give a better opinoin.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

hell no it's not wrong unless you're on the other side of it

i'm gonna be nailing 19 yr old girls until they stop coming my way.hopefully well into my 40's someday.holy fuck 40!!!i have a while to go , but when the future mrs. partyboy turns 40, i'll trade that wrinkled old bitch in for two twenty year olds!!
    sucks if your not the 35 yr old though,haha

wonderful world of oz,where juice is free,plentiful,sterile, and not toxic to the liver
    Im 18 and girlfriend is 16. But she looks my age and acts it too.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i hang out with people 10 yrs younger than me all the time. We are just friends with nothing more gonna happen (been involved with the same girl for 8+years and gettin married before too long). I just have more in common with some of the undergrads here than the others. It seems that there really is two groups... the ones with kids and the ones without. not too mention most of the people around here my age are foreign nationals from non-western countries that dont interact too much with americans. nobody cares, as I look and act like an undergrad.

I mean is it wrong? who cares, cause its their business. you may not like to look at it, but its their right to do what they want. if the guy is trying to take advantage of the girls age its despicable and we might warn the girl, but other than that I see no problem.

If I make no sense, its cause the caffeine has me high!

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Adapt bro, well this question is a tricky one. My girlfriend is 21 and I am 30, and even though she does things that are very immature sometimes, I care for her deeply. She and I both have alot of friends of the opposite sex, from young to old. I don't see anything wrong with it, depending on teh circumstances. However, it is a proven fact that women, are more likely to commit adultry with someone at their workplace. Now with that said, I will leave it at that.

nuke is offline Member
    Originally posted by silverfox
    Nothing wrong w/ it but I find at 33 I don't have much in common w/ 20 year old male or female.
    Silverfox. I totally agree. I am 32, and I have friends that are as young as 19 or 20. But I cant carry a conversation beyond surface chatter.
    I have zero in common with them, male or female.

( Unless they lift or love the Tampa Bay Bucs !!)

Cali is offline Female Member
    If they get along, have common interests, and can actually have a decent conversation then who cares. It all depends on the people involved.

Although, if it were my 20 yr old daughter I would be concerned and digging for dirt.

damn cali.. for having a 20 year old daughter you sure do look good!!!!

i crack me up sometimes

adaptations is offline Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    Adaptations,
    I have to ask what motivated this question. This is one of those classic double standard questions. My answer is sure it is no problem that a 20 year old girl is friends with a 35 year old guy unless the girl is my wife, girlfriend, sister, or daughter.
    THATS WHAT I MEAN!!!!!! I wouldnt have a problem with it, but its my girl ya know?
    I dont know this guy...but i know how every guy thinks...Ass ass asss....ESPECIALLY younger fresh ass...And shes too naive to realize thats what he thinks...

granted SHE is very much more mature than the normal 20 yr old...
    but i am still not comfortable with that...nor do i think its right.
    And i am being labled as a closeminded asshole now...LOL

Shes not too buddy buddy with her mom and dad...so i thknk in a way that may have something to do with this...the older guy... a 'father figure' ya know what i mean?

Cali is offline Female Member
    This is your girl as in your girlfriend or just a friend?

jefflyte...LOL...I wish I looked like that now with just a 4 yr old son, let alone if I actually did have a 20 yr old daughter.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Frankly, unless you are plus or minus 2 months apart in age it is just plain weird associating yourself with younger or older people. Just plain weird I say. Also, I like daffodils.

Penis.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    i cant be against age ranges. my wife is 4 years and 364 days younger than i am. (her B-day is the day before mine)

i have never met a woman that is better for me or my life.

I truly believe it depends on the people not the ages . if you are both of an age to handle the choice, then you should follow your heart.
    Last edited by Buddha_Red; 11-07-2002 at 04:38 PM.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i have known a few girls who were very young and had much older guy friends. it seems as if they take pride in it almost...as if to say, "look how cool i am, older guys find me interesting, i'm not like the rest of the 18 year old bimbos." i think a lot of times (not all the time), young girls who have lots of older guy friends and older boy friends suffer from some social disorder or self esteem problem. as if dating someone older/wiser validates them in some way. this has been my observation of typical young girls with old guys. i don't see it too often and maybe my experiences are restricted to a much too small sample space to make a valid generalization.

-clocky baby

it is now official:

nathan is stranger than I!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Rule of Age
    Your age, divided by 2, plus 7 = the youngest person you can date

So, adaptations your minimum is 24.5. Sorry.

Thread Information