Thread: union or not

thegame01 is offline Member

union or not

i was just wondering what evryone thought of unions .Are you pro-union or anti-union .

i beleive companies that have a union deserve one. Let me know what you think.

peace
    GZ

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Interesting thought....I believe it depends on what you do....to me I'd think my job would need a union, but another with a different job may not think mine would warrant one.

Always a sticky subject...as problems surrounding them always exist.

Aragorn

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    Well i was in a union until i was promoted.
    Fisrt thought about it is that its a Haven for the lazy fuck ups. these shit bags get away with the same old crap day in and day out.
    On the other hand its good protection for the good worker that fucks up once in a great while.
    personally i dont see how America can get any work done with Unions on the job.(im gonna take a betting for that statment)
    Just some thoughts

SirHitman69 is offline New Member
    Im in the Union, And Im also a Shop stewart! Where I work our company is always tryinh to dick someone over~ If we didnt have a Union at our plant there would people getting fired everday! I say UNION YES!! LOCAL #67 Rocks! HAIL JIMMY HOFFA!

SORTA UNDECIDED.........

.i work for a pretty popular company with union and they cant even get us sick days....they also 4 months ago raised our freakin dues....i do nothing wrong at work...i do my job and do it well...plus our benifit package isnt the greatest....if i could leave the union and not jepardize my position and/ or job..i would leave the union in a blink of and eye..

boots is offline New Member
    U.A.W. here!!!

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I support the original intention of unions, but not the way they currently operate. They were intended to give workers rights, but unions have adapted into businesses.

If I shit on the floor in a non-union workplace I'd be fired (and rightfully so). If I shit on the floor in a union workplace the union would threaten a strike due to inadequate bathroom breaks.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I support the original intention of unions, but not the way they currently operate. They were intended to give workers rights, but unions have adapted into businesses.

If I shit on the floor in a non-union workplace I'd be fired (and rightfully so). If I shit on the floor in a union workplace the union would threaten a strike due to inadequate bathroom breaks.
    But very true

Aragorn

IlliniMedic is offline New Member
    I am on an internship in Florida, and the Union here continually makes it difficult for us to make money and even do our job. The company I work for recruits college students from all over the country and the world and the Union doesn't like this. At my work location, it seems that management is always doing something wrong and the Union rushes to the rescue, when all it really does is makes it harder for us Part-Timers and Interns! I am fed up with the union here!

Mike

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Anti-union here. Too much waste and inefficency. I do agree with Excess about liking what the were originally intended for... but I don't like what they have turned into.

Well, I am pro union myself...

I work for the governments public works division so obviously we're unionised all the way.

I WAS also a part time firefighter (paid-on-call dept) for a smaller town for 10+ years. We were not unionised. The town merged with it's neigbour (who has unionised full time FF's) and we were all dumped out of our jobs overnight. Where we could get 20-30 guys on scene with 5 trucks in less than 7 minutes, now they have 4 guys and 1 truck in our old station house. At least with a union we'd still have our jobs.

FTQ - S.C.F.P. Local 429 all the way!
    Support our Videotron brothers being screwed ouf of their jobs by corporate greed
    Last edited by Red Ketchup; 11-12-2002 at 09:54 AM.

hacksign is offline Junior Member
    I hate unions, they are nothing but problems for me. I work in management and these stupid ass employees run to the union for any little thing... "Oh, my pussy hurts... this is a union issue..." "Oh my god, he raised his voice at me because I'm such a fucking moron and don't know shit... I'm going to the union..." "Aw gee... I don't understand that when he tells me to do something that I need to do it, and now I'm getting writen up for not doing what I'm told... my feeling are hurt, where's the union rep?"

Fuck unions.

NASH is offline New Member
    IOUE ALL THE WAY HERE BROTHERS. Unions for the most part , are brought on by the company itself. Where I work, we needed one to protect ourselves from very incompotent management. If it wasnt for this union , i would be working somewhere else. my two cents

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i have never had a good experience with a union. not to say i am totally against them, but it seems weeve taken a good concept and totally perverted it out of bounds.

as an employee as a chemical plant that was union (i wasnt part), i needed to do something. the union got pissed cause i was stealing work from them. so i said then why dont you do it. the response was that they werent paid to do it and it wasnt thier job. WHAT THE F***? then shut the hell up. the point was that it should have been union work, but wasnt.

or another situation where the grad students unionized. well a few points about that... no quorum required.. if 3% vote, but vote yes, everybody is unionized. anyway. the science and eng students were never told and so didnt vote (cause weed vote no..btw this is very illegal accord to labor law) we became union (part of UAW). the fallout. i had to pay an agency fee of 1.9% for nothing. union dues are 2%. they use my money of political activism and I got squat cause i was one of the higher paid students.

heres the rub. the school union made >1.5 million in dues and agency and had a few thousand members yet the local of approx 60 people controlled the money cause the student union didnt have voting rights in the local. thats UAW for you.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Pro-Union. I worked in a non-union plant with lots of toxic chemicals for 5 years. First year I wasn't really aware of the hazards of the job, and as it turned out, the managers didn't either. Noticed how toxic chemical spills took 3 days to get cleaned up, and when they did, they'd vent the fumes into the workplace. Spent 4 years trying to get them to abide by OSHA requirements (called OSHA a few times, too), saw some unbeleivable stuff. Finally quit because it was obvious I was compromising my health. We definitely needed a union to make the place safe to work in. Hmmm.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    well im in the union over here but they are so fuckin weak im begining to reconsider, they arent what they used to be now they seem to back down to employers..........HITMAN

Thread Information