Nitro29 is offline Member

Question My damn dog sniffed me out lol!!

I went over to my buddy's house yesterday to see my bulldog and hang out a bit. Well whenever Nitro (yes he is named after me) sees me for the first time of the day, he always freaks out and jumps cartwheels for about 10 minutes before he calms down enough to let me actually talk to him and play with him.

Well I had just shot my dose for the day: tren a 100mg/ Mast 100mg/ test prop 100mg in my left quad, and that little bastard came in and immediately stuck his big nose on my jeans in that spot and started to lick it. I said "Nitro, get your ass off me numbnuts, and didnt think much of it and kept playing with him. But he kept going back to that spot until I really got on his ass. He is a 6-7 month old blue pit bull being trained as a strike dog, has anybody else ever experienced this with there dog? TIA....Nitro

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    maybe the alcohol

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    dogs have a very acute sense of smell; everybody has their own chemical/odor 'signature' ... your dog smelled probably something different in you and was doing his own little investigation

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneInTheMembrane View Post
    dogs have a very acute sense of smell; everybody has their own chemical/odor 'signature' ... your dog smelled probably something different in you and was doing his own little investigation

By Gollie that makes a lot of sense.

Muliber, the injectio was probably an hour before I saw my pup, so I'm thinking most any of the alcohol would have been dissapated by then, but heck I dont know.

I injected a little fast and a tad of oil came back out before I put the bandaid on. I bet he just smelled something different, but he was going after it, licking it. Like he WANTED IT! I cannot even imagine that little bastard on juice lol!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    dogs are crazy, they are training them to sniff out people with some types of cancer.

Dizz28 is offline I reject your reality and substitute my own
    teach him to sniff out your buddy's juice

SK1Viking is offline Associate Member
    Yo muscle science Duetsch madchen mache mir Geil!!!

AUb27 is offline Associate Member
    teach him to sniff out easy women

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SK1Viking View Post
    Yo muscle science Duetsch madchen mache mir Geil!!!
    LOL....my Duetsch is not good, I havent spoke it since I was around ten. I am trying to relearn it.

SK1Viking is offline Associate Member
    fvcking german girls make me horny too bro

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SK1Viking View Post
    fvcking german girls make me horny too bro
    I read it as little maggot girls make you sexy also... Damn no standard german i know....

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz28 View Post
    teach him to sniff out your buddy's juice

Now here's a guy using his head for something besides a hat rack. I like it!!

I must say it was very odd, but he is a crazy mother. He can do laps in the pool for 45 minutes straight without so much as breaking a sweat (yes I know dogs cant sweat). He is going to be one badass catch dog, cant wait to put the vest on him and let him get after it. He has two speeds: Wide open and fast asleep. LOL
    Last edited by Nitro29; 10-29-2008 at 08:12 AM.

cadet009 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AUb27 View Post
    teach him to sniff out easy women
    why would want an easy woman? All u can do is just *** ed, lol. The fun is the chase and reward of getting some a$$. btw cant wait for my German Sheppard to grow into a beast!

jstraw428 is offline Anabolic Member
    He might have even smelled the small wound on your body....dogs will lick their wounds and yours as well as a way to make them heal......when i cut my hand open really bad, my dog kept liking at it.....thats there medicine...

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    I know that now that I'm on my cycle or when I was dabbling in the prohormones my pitbull would act odd around me and be much more obedient. <---Thats a miracle in itself. Also seemed when doing this that the female pits my friends have are always rubbing up on me and fighting away the males. Maybe its my imagination but I bet they do smell the hormones and such in are bodies.
    Last edited by Reed; 10-30-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I am almost afraid to ask. What is a strike dog ?

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    Bro that is great. you can teach him how to sniff out real and fake gear.

I bet he smells the test or smells that your having a reaction to the injection. he my smell it as a wound also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    Well its a long, long story but basically the area I live in (and the South in general) is being overrun by Russian Boars. These are some mean mothers and they make the reproduction rate of rabbits look feable. Pythons in the everglades get all the press, but wild hogs are tearing up the south.

They tear up the world, rooting up huge areas of land, they will eat literally anything (including each other). Rattlesnakes cant even fvck with a wild pig, the hogs can wipe out nests of snakes and its considered a light snack. We shoot the hogs from the deer stands while we are deer hunting, but can only do minimal damage.

The only way to really control the Russian boar population is by using dogs. 2 different types of dogs are needed. Generally Catahoulas for the "bay dogs" and once the pig(s) is bayed the Pit bulls (wearing protective kevlar vests) are unleashed. And if that bulldog is worth 2 shits he will not hesitate to bust that vastly larger pig(you have never seen such a sight!)so the hunter can go hands on and either live catch or (preferably) dispatch the pig with a large knife to the vitals. I have seen bulldogs get thrown 15 feet straight up and never miss a beat coming back down and attacking again without hesitiation. We have killed over a dozen good hogs per day at times. Best ribs and sausage you will ever have if you catch him and feed him out like a cow for slaughter. If you ever see a good pitbull catch dog you will be impressed...Nitro

Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post
    Bro that is great. you can teach him how to sniff out real and fake gear.

I bet he smells the test or smells that your having a reaction to the injection. he my smell it as a wound also.

Very, very possible bro. I am going to be testing him out soon, but so far he is dead on!

Thanks for all the answers guys, I think we are all right to an extent. He definitely went right for it though and wouldnt leave it alone, it was very amusing...nitro

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro29 View Post
    Well its a long, long story but basically the area I live in (and the South in general) is being overrun by Russian Boars. These are some mean mothers and they make the reproduction rate of rabbits look feable. Pythons in the everglades get all the press, but wild hogs are tearing up the south.

They tear up the world, rooting up huge areas of land, they will eat literally anything (including each other). Rattlesnakes cant even fvck with a wild pig, the hogs can wipe out nests of snakes and its considered a light snack. We shoot the hogs from the deer stands while we are deer hunting, but can only do minimal damage.

The only way to really control the Russian boar population is by using dogs. 2 different types of dogs are needed. Generally Catahoulas for the "bay dogs" and once the pig(s) is bayed the Pit bulls (wearing protective kevlar vests) are unleashed. And if that bulldog is worth 2 shits he will not hesitate to bust that vastly larger pig(you have never seen such a sight!)so the hunter can go hands on and either live catch or (preferably) dispatch the pig with a large knife to the vitals. I have seen bulldogs get thrown 15 feet straight up and never miss a beat coming back down and attacking again without hesitiation. We have killed over a dozen good hogs per day at times. Best ribs and sausage you will ever have if you catch him and feed him out like a cow for slaughter. If you ever see a good pitbull catch dog you will be impressed...Nitro
    Fvcking awesome !!! I have done tons of pig shooting back home in Oz but never with dogs, that sound like a blast !!!!

Fvcking awesome !!! I have done tons of pig shooting back home in Oz but never with dogs, that sound like a blast !!!!

It is truly something to behold. You can go to huntingfootage.com and there is a wild hog section, and shold be pretty easy to get some video on youtube easily enough. Actually, its hard to get good video without putting your dogs in some unneccessary risks, I have tried and at least where I hunt, its tough to do.

Yes Australia has lots of feral and russian boars, and people use bulldogs down there too, though it may be a relativley new thing down there. If you like crazy ass action, you gotta try it sometime!

Nitro

See if I can post a pic, this is him as a pup. He was born on Superbowl Sunday. He weighs about 60-65 lbs now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My damn dog sniffed me out lol!!-nitropup.jpg  
    Last edited by Nitro29; 10-31-2008 at 05:07 PM.

kraken is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro29 View Post

Wow. That does sound awesome. Like you said, that doesn't get much press up here in the North.
    You can see the crazy in his eyes in the pup pic.

Yeah just hit wikipedia with "Hog dog" and you should get a pretty good run down.

These eyes? LOL!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My damn dog sniffed me out lol!!-nitrospaghettio.jpg  

natureboy is offline Member
    I watched a show about wild hogs on nat geo. They are taking over North America! Just like you said laying waste to anything in their path. Their reproduction is crazy fast, one can have a litter of 12 to 16 piglets, a few times a year.
    Last edited by natureboy; 10-31-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    I watched a show about wild hogs on nat geo. They are taking over North America! Just like you said laying waste to anything in their path. Their reproduction is crazy fast, one can have a litter of 12 to 16 piglets, a few times a year.
    You are exactly correct sir, and even given a decent attrition rate things can get out of hand fast.

15 years ago there was not a pig anywhere on my camp's land. We would sometimes see them at night a few miles away (they are primarily nocturnal) in windsor Ruins but that was it.

Then one day somebody saw a pig track on our property. We were excited that we would have something new to shoot at and eat.

The following year someone (A guest if I remember correctly) killed a pig on our land, and today we probably have more trophy boars than we do whitetails, and this is a trophy (whitetail)camp. Or at least it was at one time...nitro
    Last edited by Nitro29; 11-01-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by natureboy View Post
    Same in Australia between them and Kangaroos, the country side is dissapearing fast. By the way I have shot hundreds of roo's as well !!!!

By the way I have shot hundreds of roo's as well !!!!

Damn!!

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    checked out huntingfootage. makes me kinda sad that we dont have russian boars in Indiana; i would love to hunt em. i looked around: apparently along the southern area near Kentucky feral pigs have occasionally been sighted, but i get the impression that boars are more exciting than escaped bacon?

i see people up here charter ranches in Texas for hunting excursions.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    Same in Australia between them and Kangaroos, the country side is dissapearing fast. By the way I have shot hundreds of roo's as well !!!!
    do they make good eatin?

Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    checked out huntingfootage. makes me kinda sad that we dont have russian boars in Indiana; i would love to hunt em. i looked around: apparently along the southern area near Kentucky feral pigs have occasionally been sighted, but i get the impression that boars are more exciting than escaped bacon?

i see people up here charter ranches in Texas for hunting excursions.
    Hello Scibble!

Its mixed emotions with these hogs. They are fun to hunt, and good to eat (many times), and the dogs love it.

On the other hand, they create so much destruction and compete directly with the whitetails in every aspect of life; from food to habitat and it can mess up your deer hunting quick. Deer will not feed with pigs either. If deer are in the fields eating and hogs come, the deer will leave.

But, then again there is nothing like getting out there with a bulldog and a knife and taking out a boar.

I'm not sure about the feral hogs, there are some in the state, just none where we hunt. There are no hog farms around us, our pigs are straight up russians. Dark, agressive, Tusks, the whole nine yards. Actually I have seen a strain of red ones, Im not sure if they have got some razorback in them or what, but I caught one live and he was one of the meanest ones I have ever seen. The red ones are freakin mean, even the dogs seem to know it.

Scibble, if you havent yet, check out Bowanna's "Hog tossin" video its hilarious. I tried it a couple of summers ago, but it was just too blamed hot down here.

You thought it was going to be some kind of dog fighting thing huh? I know what you mean bro. Man, nothing I hate worse, and really IMO most people shouldnt be allowed to own Pits. The gangsters are all but ruining the breed.

But Pits are born to be strike hogs, they instinctively are aggressive towards hogs and go for the ears. If its a small hog, say under 250 lbs, I can usually get by with one bulldog. Anything bigger takes a bit more stopping power, i.e. 2 bulldogs. And once the bulldogs get in gladiator mode, its on because those pigs will stand their ground!

Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    do they make good eatin?
    Not to me, I used to feed them to the cats when I was a kid. Now you can buy roo meat in restaurants here. Ewwwww !!!! The meat stinks IMO I would never touch it.

Thread Information