Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Are guys in Natural Shows Really Natural?

I'm going to a WNBF show this weekend and I found the following on their site.

Strict drug-testing at every WNBF event includes both polygraph (lie-detector) and urinalysis testing. Each athlete is tested via a long-method polygraph by certified examiners prior to admittance to an event. The men and women must then submit to urinalysis testing that is conducted by the California lab that performed urine tests for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic Games. In order to win prize money, athletes must pass both tests, verifying that no steroids , diuretics, growth hormones or other illegal drugs have been used in the past seven years.

Are these guys really natural or is there a way to fool the tests?

Vice is offline Associate Member
    Good post, I'm curious to know aswell

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    I heard somewhere that alot of the guys do train naturally year round until contest time... Only then do some of them use anabolics to perserve muscle mass when dieting...

As far as how they would pass a lie detector test, I have a few ideas, but I'm no expert on that one...

I know one natural local competitor that is way to hard at contest time to be clean... I've told him time and time again I know he's on, but he denies it ever time... Bro comes in just as hard as alot of pros, just not with the same size...

I trust that these guys are natural. It would be nearly impossible to pass the lie detector test if you did A.S., and where is the honor in winning a natural BB contest if you weren't natural?

synthetic is offline Associate Member
    they can probably take hgh and insulin still

Originally posted by The French Curler
    I trust that these guys are natural. It would be nearly impossible to pass the lie detector test if you did A.S., and where is the honor in winning a natural BB contest if you weren't natural?

With $30,000 grand prize it makes me wonder if these guys are all 100% honest. I'm told it's possible to pass lie detector tests by controlling breathing. I'm not sure if that is true or not.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    YEAH!!! They are 100% natural for sure......remember all drugs have a clearance time if you stopthem within the guidelines you can comein clean even if you used the gear, and yes HGH and slin can both be used all the way through, however HGH can make you retain water so most people stop 2 weeks out of the show anyway...XXL

shorty2big is offline Member
    It's not hard to pass a lie detector test either. There are so many things that can be done to throw the machine off and make it in-conclusive.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by shorty2big
    It's not hard to pass a lie detector test either. There are so many things that can be done to throw the machine off and make it in-conclusive.

Exactly. I've taken one before and I failed when they asked me my name and birth day. Those machines are total bullshit. Thats the reason they hold no bearing in court cases as well.

TeenPL is offline Banned
    if i'm not mistaken, all it does is measure certain physiological reactions when certain questions are asked.(breathing,heart rate,sweat)
    If you wanna beat it this is what you do:
    Whatever your story is, keeping telling yourself that its the truth. Do it over and over and eventually in you mind it will become the truth. My friend did this when he was convicted of rape, so that the prosecutor wouldn't cause him to slip when he was being drilled with questions.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I believe you guys are correct in saying the polygraph (lie detector) can no longer be used as evidence due to their lack of consistency. There is a plethora of factors which can, and do set the machine off.

cooksbrut is offline Associate Member
    there are a bunch of ways to pass it, put a tack in your shoe and step on it with out flinching, the pain sends signals through your body, (don't laugh) something about squeezing your ass at different times, the contracted muscles help some how, load up on caffine, there are a few more, heard about them on the history channel or something, then a few years back there was the same things in Maxim mag.

bigceps is offline New Member
    I have read on an other site about the cycles of natural body-builders. also, there are various articles on how to beat the lie-detector. So, naturals are not "natural."

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    They may be "natural" during the competition, which doesn't mean they've been natural their whole lives. They may be 'drug-free' during comp time, but I doubt they've been 'drug free' their career.

I posted pictures from the Natural Body Building show on my website. I'd post them here but there are too many and they're too big.

http://homepage.mac.com/carlos/PhotoAlbum9.html

So what do you think? Really 100% natural?
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 11-17-2002 at 11:01 AM.
    Muscle Asylum Project Athlete

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bound for Muscle
    Yes... body paint.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

carlos

where is the contest at?i'm actually gonna hit up the musclemania oct 5th in the city.where is this one at this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    where is the contest at?i'm actually gonna hit up the musclemania oct 5th in the city.where is this one at this weekend?
    No, this is an old post. This years WNBF Pro Natural World Championships is November 15, 2003 at the Manhattan Center.

Where can I find info about the musclemannia show?

Absolution is offline New Member
    bump

punk_bbuilder is offline Senior Member
    My boss is a natural bodybuilder, or at least he has been since the 80's, but he gets so fucking frustrated now becuase guys are coming in and beating the tests and he can only place about 3rd in every show. If you use AS stay in a diff. organization(non-Natural). Its really not fair to the people who dont use them.

here you go carlos

Quote Originally Posted by punk_bbuilder
    My boss is a natural bodybuilder, or at least he has been since the 80's, but he gets so fucking frustrated now becuase guys are coming in and beating the tests and he can only place about 3rd in every show. If you use AS stay in a diff. organization(non-Natural). Its really not fair to the people who dont use them.
    www.musclemania.com

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    They use, don't fool yourself. It's just like in the Olympics. The majority probably use and a lot even. So when some poor ass gets caught and gets his medal stripped from him, everyone is thinking, "Glad it wasn't me." It's so dumb. How else do they think everyone is shattering records all the time and bbers are getting so much bigger? Better nutrition?

nathan i think you are way off base

i spoke to greg kovacs and he told me all i need is cell tech to make my dreams come true. he planned out a well balanced cycle for me to acheive greatness.

wk 1-4: mesotech protien bars: 2 ED(frontload)
    wk1-12: nitro whey 3x ED
    wk 1-12: celltech 3 x ED
    post therapy: read musclemag EOD wks 13-15

it seems very logical and strategically planned for sucess.who needs drugs to win with a solid plan like this?

i spoke to greg kovacs and he told me all i need is cell tech to make my dreams come true. he planned out a well balanced cycle for me to acheive greatness.

it seems very logical and strategically planned for sucess.who needs drugs to win with a solid plan like this?

Although I suggest you don't frontload the protein bars, I've heard they're hard on your liver .

HP

Thread Information