Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gumby is offline Junior Member

Why are Prison Inmates so BUFF?

Me, living in a hispanic populated neighborhood, I've noticed many of them have family members that just got out of the pin and visit. The thing i noticed was their muscle mass. These guys are huge.

The thing is, most prisons removed the weight pen from the courtyard and prisoners are left to use their own bodyweight to workout, like pull ups, push ups, etc.

I also noticed they dont get the luxury of good food like us body builders.

So my question is..... How do they do it? We all have access to proteins, creatines, proper workout equipment, steroids /hgh, proper foods..... And all they have is their prison cells....

So whats going on here? What are they putting in their food? tell me all.

GT2
    GT2 is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha IF they are in fact huge, I too would like to know wtf is going on.

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Its all about time bro...

Think about it... 5-10 years of nothing but working out whenever...

I know is CA, they do infact have weights in the yard. If you know anyone that just came out, chances are their legs are very small and weak and they have a large upper body.

Thats because they dont supply with machines and very few squat... At least heavy weights, due to not having racks...

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    They are around a bunch of dudes for 5-10 years.

It's needed, they have to get big.....so people don't mess with them. They have to look intimidating.

Work out and eat, 24/7. Nothing else to do. They probably get more rest than most of us do too.

I know on my days off, I get bored and want to go to the gym all the time.

Sundays suck cause my poor ass gym is closed.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Even if you do workout all the time, I think it is hard to get real big and I have seen some pretty big boys come out of prison.... I have a suspicion that they get their hands on smuggled gear just like any of the rest of the drugs smuggle into prison...

maybe hit up some of the smaller dudes for food and stuff like that...

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    You can buy extra food through commissary in prison also, not great bodybuilding food I suppose, but calories nonetheless. Also, people can team up to work out, doing squats with a bro on your shoulders etc. And tie objects up in clothes for makeshift weights... all that.

g0dsend is offline Member
    One of my buddies was in their for a while, when I saw him when he got out he got really lean. I asked him and he said all they did was workout and read. He said that if he was getting the protein he needed instead of the small portions of rice and beans he would be huge.

BritishColumbian is offline Senior Member
    ya, I have done time and there is a few things that get you looking like that, you get up everyday at the same time and eat at the same time, go to bed at the same time, workout everyday at the same time, the food is good you can get whatever you want if you have the cash, protien powder and stuff like that. There are wieght sets and machines,No drinking no smoking. I think the human body likes a routine like that so it promotes muscle mass, just my opinion.

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    maybe those dudes are huge before they go in.

Garnelek is offline Associate Member
    They eat specially designed food! Super nutritional pea and rise of the future is being tried out before it hits the market in about 10years after it’s fully studied and understood!

Quote Originally Posted by scibble View Post
    maybe those dudes are huge before they go in.
    Well I am not sure,

Did you see the video with Greg Titus in jail? He lost a ton of muscle it looked like.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    fending off prison love is a powerful motivator...

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    ^^^ pmsl

natureboy is offline Member
    Most of the guys in prison are really aggressive, maybe because they make unusually high levels of test. The high levels of test mixed with a bad upbringing and they land in jail.
    So in jail they are on a schedule with all the bad shiat out of the way and no distractions, they work out and put on lots of mass!

scibble is offline "A Dukkit In The Making"
    yeah, i think the kind of genetics which lead one to be involved in violent crimes probably carry some overlap with genes predisposing to big muscle gains.

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    its because they have nothing else to do. Another thing is that since there in gangs in prison a requirement is to always be in shape in case they need you! thats why there called soldiers.

Voice of Reason is offline Senior Member
    There is tuna in the commissary and if you get a food job you can eat healthy and eat as much as you can of what the C.O.'s get served in their cafeteria. Plus like said above no drinking or smoking unless you really want to, it's just hard for some to quit. All you do all day is go to work, eat, shit, read, watch t.v., masturbate in the showers, then workout... Play BBall if you want to get a busted lip. Play cards to gamble. I chose to workout instead of gambling and bball, I had all these Men's Health magazines under my bunk it seemed kinda gay but I never got ****ed with. As far as weight training there was always a water bag going on somewhere to use with rolled up magazines for a bar. I had 2 bags in my cell or most of the encyclapedia books (to be thrown in a pillow case) if the water bags got taken... ehh you get really Mcguyver like when you got so much time to think.

Goodtimes...

NOT!!!
    Last edited by Voice of Reason; 12-07-2008 at 09:38 PM.

I've been to jail, and it was when I was 17.

Honestly, I was one of the biggest guys in there at 6' 190lbs at 17/18.

While there are some really big guys out there, you probably don't notice the other 200 little crack heads that get out.

you notice the 1 of 200 big guys that blow up and are full of tats.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    daily hot beef test injections,

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe it's just that guys who are naturally bigger are the ones who are most likely to end up in prison. Might have something to do with growing up with extra testosterone in their systems, being naturally more aggressive . . .

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    As an excon I will answe this question and it has NOTHING to do with drugs.

Imagine being locked in a cage with no access to ANYTHING enjoyable. With no responsibilities and NO human contact.

After the initial shock, crying, seizures you begin to learn ways to cope.
    Your ways are this:
    Pull ups
    Push ups
    Sit ups
    Dips

Reading.

EVERYDAY ALL DAY.

People don't understand even at this level how it works.
    I'll put it this way.

No matter WHAT you're locked up for, you are fvcking angry and mad as hell everyday you roll off your bed.
    You essentially have a mentally induced steroid working in your favor everyday.
    Plus exists the real threat of getting fvcked up by other inmates, a real threat to daily survival. YOU LEARN TO BE STRONG no matter WHAT.

This is how it works.
    And you'll never understand how extreme it is untill or if you're ever in that situation.

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    i did some hard time.....they called me "KONG" in the pen. no joke..4 days and 12 balanced meals later i was back on the streets like it aint no thang. its tough on the 'inside'...but thats what made me the straight gangsta i am, today.

And one more thing I wanted to add.

An average day involved this. (in prison not county)
    7:30 wake up call
    Go to the bathroom to freshen up and guess what?
    dudes are in the bathroom fvcking working out, doing pushups with dudes sitting on their back and doing pull ups on bathroom stalls.
    Breakfast is served and we get a short 1/2 hour rec time.
    Dudes are speed lifting till their faces explode.

This goes on ALL DAY.
    We did nothing but lift.
    Drug addicts too, they did nothing but eat and lift.

And we SLEPT.
    Whats funny is all this shit I read on this sight, then remembering there was dudes who got big as shit doing nothing but calesthetics.
    And people in here think you have to lift weights all day.

NOT TRUE. 90% of people in prison get HUGE on calesthenics and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by thetank View Post
    i did some hard time.....they called me "KONG" in the pen. no joke..4 days and 12 balanced meals later i was back on the streets like it aint no thang. its tough on the 'inside'...but thats what made me the straight gangsta i am, today.
    Wait, you did 4 days?

Forgive me for laughing my ass off. I'm NOT trying to act tough but theres a huge difference between 2 days and 2 years.

edit: you said you did hard time so obviously Im at fault here, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojangles69 View Post
    And one more thing I wanted to add.

An average day involved this. (in prison not county)
    7:30 wake up call
    Go to the bathroom to freshen up and guess what?
    dudes are in the bathroom fvcking working out, doing pushups with dudes sitting on their back and doing pull ups on bathroom stalls.
    Breakfast is served and we get a short 1/2 hour rec time.
    Dudes are speed lifting till their faces explode.

This goes on ALL DAY.
    We did nothing but lift.
    Drug addicts too, they did nothing but eat and lift.

And we SLEPT.
    Whats funny is all this shit I read on this sight, then remembering there was dudes who got big as shit doing nothing but calesthetics.
    And people in here think you have to lift weights all day.

NOT TRUE. 90% of people in prison get HUGE on calesthenics and nothing else.
    exactly. i was being serious about only being in jail the better part of a week but you only need to spend a day in there to understand the lifestyle. they feed you well, and give you nothing but spair time. we didnt have any weights at all i had guys on thier knees pulling down towels while i was curling them. granted you can find some unhealthy shit in there but they set you up with a structure to improve your body and make it difficult to resist that structure. most people are gonna come out of there in better shape. physically at least.

And bro, I hate to say but you have that "pirson thickness".
    With the gupe on your head and an exploding upper section that usually is the trademark.
    The only way I got through state was by being a ripped little 145lb italian kid. NO WHERE near your size but I was on the yard everyday and earned at least some respect.
    Another reason why inmates stay in shape lol, respect.

Wait, you did 4 days?

Forgive me for laughing my ass off. I'm NOT trying to act tough but theres a huge difference between 2 days and 2 years.

edit: you said you did hard time so obviously Im at fault here, my bad.
    dude i was joking...haha, about hard time, and being a gangsta. i was in there for 4 or 5 days and it was a small jail, like 60 prisoners. lol. they did call me kong tho. haha.

exactly. i was being serious about only being in jail the better part of a week but you only need to spend a day in there to understand the lifestyle. they feed you well, and give you nothing but spair time. we didnt have any weights at all i had guys on thier knees pulling down towels while i was curling them. granted you can find some unhealthy shit in there but they set you up with a structure to improve your body and make it difficult to resist that structure. most people are gonna come out of there in better shape. physically at least.
    I agree 100%. Its a STRUCTURE that unavoidable.
    There a lot of FEAR in the joint, for everyone, a fear most people on the streets can't remotely understand, and its that same fear that generate animals behind the wall. It makes them feel safe.

W/e the case I did 2 years in state and can honestly say most of what I saw was calesthenics, food, sleep, and anger, nothing more or less.

dude i was joking...haha, about hard time, and being a gangsta. i was in there for 4 or 5 days and it was a small jail, like 60 prisoners. lol. they did call me kong tho. haha.
    Lmao, hey your huge so w/e the case you'd survive on the streets or behind the wall.
    At least you understand how it works.

Lmao, hey your huge so w/e the case you'd survive on the streets or behind the wall.
    At least you understand how it works.
    haha well thanks. honestly just being in jail a few days taught me alot. bending over naked for a bunch of dudes because you have too, eating when they tell you, having a ****in bed time? not to mention the 9 guys i shared a cell with one of which had hep C... and all for getting mad at a cop for not getting my buddy some water that he pepper sprayed for no reason. regardless, being put in a position of such volnurability showed me alot about what i take for granted and im glad it happened.

haha well thanks. honestly just being in jail a few days taught me alot. bending over naked for a bunch of dudes because you have too, eating when they tell you, having a ****in bed time? not to mention the 9 guys i shared a cell with one of which had hep C... and all for getting mad at a cop for not getting my buddy some water that he pepper sprayed for no reason. regardless, being put in a position of such volnurability showed me alot about what i take for granted and im glad it happened.
    Wow, dude the "situations".
    I cant even get into that discussion, AIDS, HEP C. Noone gives a shit. You just shit in the same cell and try to use different soaps. Well good for you dude, seems like you learned more than you needed to. I wouldnt wish that shit on my worst enemy.

Wow, dude the "situations".
    I cant even get into that discussion, AIDS, HEP C. Noone gives a shit. You just shit in the same cell and try to use different soaps. Well good for you dude, seems like you learned more than you needed to. I wouldnt wish that shit on my worst enemy.
    yeah man i remember your prison story from another thread..some crazy shit. looks like youve come out of it a changed person tho.
    and just to clarify for those whos imaginations might bring them to other suggestions, when i say bend over naked for other dudes, im talking about the gaurds when they were doing cell raids and searches, not other inmates in the shower. lol.

higherdesire is offline Banned
    I did 10 years flat in Texas a was on the wieght team (back when there was one) and ate everything I could get my hands on. I bought peanut beutter and jelly from the comissary and ate double stack sandwhiches to bulk. I would eat tuna and peanut butter sandwhiches three slices of bread. I will tell you now that I blew up like a mutha. They did sell protien powder for awhile, then creatine, but I was in the know there you might say and NEVER heard of gear being around anywhere. Not happening. MOST people sat on thier ass and complained about stuff though. I have been home 10 years and have been hit and miss on my work outs. I have been steady for ahwil now but laid off after a back injury in the gym for two years.

Kratos is offline I feel accomplished
    protecting your butthole is good motivation to workout

audis4 is offline Eat, Sleep, Lift...Repeat!
    still blows my mind you dont lift heavy (referring to previous posts) and you do lots of pushup situps, no AAS and you look like you do.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Me, living in a hispanic populated neighborhood, I've noticed many of them have family members that just got out of the pin and visit. The thing i noticed was their muscle mass. These guys are huge.

The thing is, most prisons removed the weight pen from the courtyard and prisoners are left to use their own bodyweight to workout, like pull ups, push ups, etc.

I also noticed they dont get the luxury of good food like us body builders.

So my question is..... How do they do it? We all have access to proteins, creatines, proper workout equipment, steroids /hgh, proper foods..... And all they have is their prison cells....

So whats going on here? What are they putting in their food? tell me all.

speakin as someone who has spent 17 months locked up....

if your lucky.. then you have the 3 main things you need to get big in jail

FOOD - you can buy all the food you want off of commisary if you have money. even if you dont have money you can make deals with ppl over other items or chores for food. plus prisons have decent portions. jails dont. but prisons do. also, most ppl in prison dont eat prison food cuz 1. if they are locked up for years. they get sick of the food. 2. they have jobs in the prison and family sending money in. so they order all their food and give their trays to other inmates who arent lucky to have support.

WEIGHTS- your correct. most prisons are phasing out weights. meaning that they have weights and machines but if something breaks... they dont fix it. so eventually everything will break and there will be nothing.
    but human will is strong in jail
    we used our body weight. other ppls body weight. laundry bags full of books. tubs full of water. trash bags full of water and even trash cans full of water as weights. you have to adapt but it can and will work to build muscle

REST- thats all you have to do in jail... sleep. lay in bed reading/watchin tv. plenty of time to let the body heal and grow

so put all three factors together and thats how ppl get big in jail

bushido3374 is offline Member
    Is this the reason that people come back from bootcamp bigger?

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    Motivations to get big in jail/ prison:

1. Unwanted Man love
    2. No pootang for the next 5 to 10 years
    3. Don’t want to be the prison bitch
    4. Rather be the Alpha male than the subordinate male
    5. Helps in negotiations with your cell mate (aka celli)
    6. Helps with negotiations with everyone you encounter for that matter
    7. The bigger you are the more likely you are to click up with the better prison gangs for protection & privilege

Hell yeah I would work out from morning to night if I had these kinds of pressures put upon me daily….

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy View Post
    Motivations to get big in jail/ prison:

1. Unwanted Man love
    2. No pootang for the next 5 to 10 years
    3. Don’t want to be the prison bitch
    4. Rather be the Alpha male than the subordinate male
    5. Helps in negotiations with your cell mate (aka celli)
    6. Helps with negotiations with everyone you encounter for that matter
    7. The bigger you are the more likely you are to click up with the better prison gangs for protection & privilege

Hell yeah I would work out from morning to night if I had these kinds of pressures put upon me daily….
    lol
    im with ya on this one!!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    When I was working at the men's prison in New Hampshire back in 2000 we had a CO there who was suspected of bringing gear in. Internal Affairs waited for him to show up at work and asked to look in his lunch box. He said, "I quit" and turned around and left. So yes they can get gear smuggled in. My problem with the guy is you have to be a real piece of shit to give the inmates something that gives them an edge over your fellow officers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information