mick86 is offline Member

Arrow What is a decent fitting motorcycle jacket for muscular guys?

After a break from riding due to loss of my license and the loss of my bike, I am considering returning to motorcycle riding.

It's not that I'm built like a pro bodybuilder but at 174cm and 94kg (206 lbs) I can't fit into your typical motorcycle jacket. I usually wear 32" pants and when I diet (which I'm about to) I drop at least 5kg (11 lbs)

I purchased a Dainese jacket around 2 years back and now I cant even fit my forearms into the sleeves let alone zip it up. Can anybody suggest any good jackets/brands that may be suited to someone my build?

I live in Australia btw, thanks
    Last edited by mick86; 12-09-2008 at 06:16 AM.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    leatherup.com

there jackets are very loose in the arms

sizerp is offline Banned
    Dainese is the best.

Joe Rocket is a pretty good alternative, for their prices. They also sell all different sizes. Go for a size bigger. This jacket is around two fity.

sizerp is offline Banned
    Also check out www.kneedraggers.com, purty sure they ship to you ausies.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    if you live in sydney go to sydney city motorcycles. great range and they will order if they have to. there are also 2 good stores in parramatta near pj gallaghers

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    Quote Originally Posted by mick86 View Post
    After a break from riding due to loss of my license and the loss of my bike, I am considering returning to motorcycle riding.

It's not that I'm built like a pro bodybuilder but at 174cm and 94kg (206 lbs) I can't fit into your typical motorcycle jacket. I usuall;y wear 32" pants and when I diet (which I'm about to), I usually drop at least 5kg (11 lbs)

I purchased a Dainese jacket around 2 years back and now I cant even fit my fore arms into the sleeves let alone zip it up. Can anybody suggest any good jackets/brands that may be suited to someone my build?

I live in Australia btw, thanks
    What kind of bike do you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Dainese is the best.

Joe Rocket is a pretty good alternative, for their prices. They also sell all different sizes. Go for a size bigger. This jacket is around two fity.

got one just like that...exccept it's not joe rocket....and I bought it from leather up for 80 bucs...but i'm sure the logo is worth it.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    What kind of bike do you ride?
    I learned on a Hysoung GT 250r but I'm currently looking into buying a 2008 Yamaha YZF R6. Am I right to assume that you also ride, what ind of bikes you into?
    Last edited by mick86; 12-09-2008 at 06:15 AM.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sizerp View Post
    Dainese is the best.

I'm like Dainese but not sure that it is really a good cut but I was actually thinking about Joe Rocket. Some one else recommended it to me and I was looking at their website just yesterday. I might go to A1 motorcycle as I know they stock it and try some of their stock on.
    Last edited by mick86; 12-09-2008 at 07:10 AM.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    got one just like that...exccept it's not joe rocket....and I bought it from leather up for 80 bucs...but i'm sure the logo is worth it.
    For $80, but is it an actual motor cycle jacket with the safety features like reinforced sections and body armor or at least pockets for body armor? I wouldn't expect so for that price.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    if you live in sydney go to sydney city motorcycles. great range and they will order if they have to. there are also 2 good stores in parramatta near pj gallaghers
    I don't live in Sydney but checked out all the links, thanks. I will keep my eyes open for those models in stores around here.
    Last edited by mick86; 12-09-2008 at 07:10 AM.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I learned on a Hysoung GT 250r but I'm currently looking into buying a 2008 Yamaha YZF R6. Am I right to assume that you also ride, what ind of bikes you into?
    I ride a Harley Road King...pics in my albums.

For $80, but is it an actual motor cycle jacket with the safety features like reinforced sections and body armor or at least pockets for body armor? I wouldn't expect so for that price.
    yep...and mesh on parts of it to let wind through (it's a summer jacket)

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    I ride a Harley Road King...pics in my albums.
    Oh, just noticed ur avater, lol. Nice bike, for the moment I'm sticking with sports bikes but if I had endless amounts of money I'd also buy a Harley of some sorts.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    yep...and mesh on parts of it to let wind through (it's a summer jacket)
    Wow thats a cheap buy.

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    All my leathers are AGV but i have had to have them fitted to me. I bought the one that fit me the best and brought it to a leather shop. The guy there pulled in the wast and opened up the arms for me. He only charged me $50.

Its hard to get leather that fit right no matter if your a bber or just the average Joe.

Blog Entries

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-1000 View Post
    All my leathers are AGV but i have had to have them fitted to me. I bought the one that fit me the best and brought it to a leather shop. The guy there pulled in the wast and opened up the arms for me. He only charged me $50.

Its hard to get leather that fit right no matter if your a bber or just the average Joe.
    Oh, It hadn't occurred to me that that might be an option, sounds like you got a petty good deal on that. Thanks for the info.

Blog Entries
    Oh, It hadn't occurred to me that that might be an option, sounds like you got a petty good deal on that. Thanks for the info.
    Ya the guy gives me a good deal because he also dose all my wifes boots and shit. I have been using him for year.

If you find someone good you can never tell they did work to it.

melbgymnst is offline Junior Member
    if your in melb try this place on the cnr of sydney rd and gaffney street coburg, i dont know if thier any good but give them a try

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate, i don't know what you money is like but what about taking a trip to Thai, you can get juice and i know some really good custom bike leather shops that do great work at a really good price. I have custom vests and jackets made to fit and there great. You can get them inlaid with snake skin or whatever.

mick86 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Older lifter View Post
    Mate, i don't know what you money is like but what about taking a trip to Thai, you can get juice and i know some really good custom bike leather shops that do great work at a really good price. I have custom vests and jackets made to fit and there great. You can get them inlaid with snake skin or whatever.
    Wow, I wish I could.. I'm currently in legal trouble (long story) and as a result can't travel. I'm definitely planning to go to Thailand at the first available opportunity. My best m8 just came back from there and loved it. Another good friend (for anyone familiar with my thread on my m8 trying to OD on insulin Friend tried to commit suicide on 3ml Insulin, has he done permanant damage? its that guy) wants to go for the women, weather and juice. I might run HGH while over there and to thicken up my hair again, lol. Going there is one of the few things that I am looking forward to atm.

Older lifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, I wish I could.. I'm currently in legal trouble (long story) and as a result can't travel. I'm definitely planning to go to Thailand at the first available opportunity. My best m8 just came back from there and loved it. Another good friend (for anyone familiar with my thread on my m8 trying to OD on insulin Friend tried to commit suicide on 3ml Insulin, has he done permanant damage? its that guy) wants to go for the women, weather and juice. I might run HGH while over there and to thicken up my hair again, lol. Going there is one of the few things that I am looking forward to atm.
    Well mate good luck with the legal sh*t, if you can head over here later let us know, will point you in the right direction for leather jackets, etc...lol, HGH is not hard to get but it is still expensive.

Thread Information