McFly is offline Associate Member

Personal Trainers out there

Hey p.t's im a quilified personal trainer and my first clients are my parents friend.
    Theres two of them and im going to do a 45 min session with them at the park. My question is how much do you guys charge because i have got no clue what the usual rate is in p.t. Keep in mind there my parents friends and i wont be using any high tech gear or anything. oh and im from Australia too

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    I charge no less then $1.00 a minute. My normal going rate is between $2.50-$3.50 a minute. Since they are your parents' friends, maybe you can do like a 2 for 1 special. So $45.00 for 45 minutes for both. It's good for both parties since your popping your professional training cherry, and they are your guinea pigs / parents' friends.

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    "Offer a single session at an inflated rate. For example, if you want to charge $50 per hour, charge $75 for a single session. Then, offer a just a few different packages and offer a slight discount for the largest one. For example, 10 sessions for $600 ($60 an hour) and 20 sessions for $1000 ($50 an hour).

Many people will go for the larger package because it's a great deal, and again, they are getting more from your service and you are getting a larger purchase than they may have gone with. To see an example of how I structure my rates visit my website: www.achieve-fitness.com/tft.htm. I have found this to work extremely well, and far better than when I used the series. I have better client retention and the average amount that each client spends with me has gone up drastically."

-Jesse Cannone

"When deciding how to set your rates there are several factors to consider.

Your own personal experience in the field will play a big role in the rates that you charge. With no prior experience you will not have any former client references to refer potential clients to. References from former clients can and will give you great credibility as a trainer.

The area or geographic location that you offer your services is also important. In many cases the bigger or more populated cities will offer higher salaries for clients. The "Beach Scene" states are one of the best areas for personal training. The warmer climates and beach lifestyle will offer more potential clients that are concerned about their appearance. For clients that hire personal trainers largely to improve their outward appearance, it is easy to assume that Florida would have more clients than in Montana.

Another important factor is rates charged by other trainers in your area. How long have the others been in business? Are they highly endorsed in your area? Do they offer their own training facility? Is their background more extensive than yours? Compare these questions above between yourself and others. This will assist you in deciding how your rates should compare to others.

The last important factor will be where the training takes place and the quality of equipment used. If you offer your own training facility with quality equipment, you have a reason to charge a rate higher than those that do not. If you lag lighter equipment to the client's home, your rates should be lower than those who offer their own facility.

Conclusion-

Determine the rates, experience, facilities, and credibility that other trainers offer and then compare them to your own. This comparison will assist you in setting your rates."

--- Author: Chad Barnhart, AFTA Fitness Director

"The trainer you select will most likely be an experienced professional with a high degree of expertise, and expects to be compensated as such. Expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $100 per hour-long session, and be sure to ask about any discounts available for multi-session purchases, for higher frequency (three times a week instead of two), and training two or more clients at a time. Majority between $35 and $50."

-life balance

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Be sure to give them some of this first :

Deltasaurus is offline The Over Analyzing Nattabolic
    DSM u crack me up LOL

big_k is offline Associate Member
    Research local prices, and price them accordingly.

Since they're new I'd give them a break, but I wouldn't sell myself short either.

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I usually charge $60-$75 per hr...but I give my clients packages of 6 sessions...10 sessions...25...50....that usually works out to $50 per hr.Once you're certified..then get more certificatiions you can charge what you want and you'll get it.

Thread Information