Thread: Open Q&A...

Colibri is offline Banned

Open Q&A...

This post is for members to post questions and get it answered by other members so they don't have to scour through searchs engines for hours.

I'll start with some questions I want to know the answers to:

What's the whole DEFCON 1,2, 3, etc thing?

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    DEFCON stands for " Defense Condition"
    Each # represents a state of alertness.
    The scale goes from 1-5, 1 is a state of war, 5 is peacetime.

Sound familiar?

Not too long ago, Homeland security, enacted something similar to indicate the real potential of a terrorist attack, however they use colors instead.

I'm trying to think of a question, but i can't, i'll figure out one later.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by saboudian
    The scale goes from 1-5, 1 is a state of war, 5 is peacetime.

Not too long ago, Homeland security, enacted something similar to indicate the real potential of a terrorist attack, however they use colors instead.
    Which shows the decline of the school system. Lets say it all together now: One, two, three, four, five.

What is pleather made of?

tatty is offline Member
    plastic and leather...duh! ok, I have no idea.

Would it be legal if I were to pst steriod sources in on the net informing a user sources where they can get in gear in countrys where it's legal like Mexico?

If I don't post sources in the UK, and US - Places like that - I fail to see how that could be illigal.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I have a question...

How does the whole ranking system for police and miliary??? I mean it starts off like Cadet, Constable, Luitenant, etc...

But i'm not sure of the EXACT order, and does it differ from agency to agency? Say the FBI, Navy Seals, etc... There must be different structures.

Also, who is the highest??? Aside from PRESIDENT who as the highest authority with police and military? Is it General? Colonel?

Thnx

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Colibri
    Would it be legal if I were to pst steriod sources in on the net informing a user sources where they can get in gear in countrys where it's legal like Mexico?
    It doesn't sound illegal to me, and tons of people have done it before. Some are scammers so it wouldn't do much for your credibility. Its all cool with me as long as nothing gets posted here.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by Big Rush
    how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop?

1...2...3.... CRUNCH! The world may never know....

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Originally posted by Terinox
    I have a question...

How does the whole ranking system for police and miliary??? I mean it starts off like Cadet, Constable, Luitenant, etc...

But i'm not sure of the EXACT order, and does it differ from agency to agency? Say the FBI, Navy Seals, etc... There must be different structures.

Also, who is the highest??? Aside from PRESIDENT who as the highest authority with police and military? Is it General? Colonel?

Thnx
    Dont know about the great up north but the US military has rank grades for officers and non-coms that are equivalent accross all branches - also the civilian gov has grades that equivocate to military rank. as to police, I couldnt tell you but highest rank is usually commisioner for bigger cities and sould be sherriff for counties.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have a question...

Thnx
    In the US Marines you got your officers: 2nd Leutenant, 1st Leutenant, Captain, Major, Leutenant Colonel, Colonel, Brigadier General, Major General, Leutenant General and General. No five star Gneral rank like the US Army during a onflict.

Enlisted goes like this: Private, Private First Class, Lance Corporal, Corporal, Sergeant, Staff Sergeant, Gunnery Sergeant, First Sergeant or Master Seargent (dependent on billet), Sergeant Major or Master Gunnery Sergeant (again dependent on billet).

But the Army, Air Force and especially the God lovin' Navy has different name structures but all based on a common pay scale. E-1, E-2, O-1, O-5...

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    DefCons I believe are more for the higher ups to make a conclusion on a hostile environment.

Military Bases have ThreatCons (threat conditions). Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Normal. ThreatCon Delta is if intelligence reports an imminate threat. Charlie is a very possible one. Bravo being something could happen but more information is pending. Alpha being increased security measures. To sum it up in basic terms...

In all those shows where space travel is invollved, they go straight to the left or right.

In real life, is it possible to go straight up or straight down into space?

I'd imagine it would be something like the principals of the ocean the farther down you go the more presure their is.

Anyone know?

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by buff87

1...2...3.... CRUNCH! The world may never know....
    hell ya buff....this is the first time i've seen this reply and i'm glad someone knew that....LMFAO

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    FOr the question about pleather, typically it is referred to as vinyl. This is PVC, plasticized till the desired consistency.

FOr the space question, I have no idea what you are asking

Allright, from my superb drawing you can see a typical area of spcae where we will use Star Trek as an example.

In he shows, the go straight to one planet to another going from lef to right, or vice versa. In real life, is it possible to go straight up or down in space.

Think of it exactly as the ocean. You're 50,000 meters below the surface, you can go straight up to the surface and straight down to the sea bed. This is just the same as space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Open Q&A...-pace.jpg  

Steele is offline Member
    colibri,
    don't know if i fully understand the Q but i will take a stab at it. yes, you can go any direction in space at the same rate/speed. no aerodynamics come into play either because space is a vacuum. no gravity, so no air, nothing to slow your vessel down. if you got the propulsion to go up or down, no reason you can't. i don't like space.

Steele is offline Member

which weight class for me?

Allright bros, I gotta decide on my weight class for my first show. Currently, I weigh 210 lbs. 10% bodyfat at a height of 5' 11". My choices in weight class are:
    154-176
    176-198
    or
    165-187
    i have never dieted down before so the question is a tough one for me. any help would be great. especially, from MIKEXXL, and Dr. Derek or other fellow competitors.

ok i finally got a question. Every damn semester i swear, every math teacher asks the class at one point or another "what is 0^0?" But they never actually tell why it is undefined or what it is, and it kills me, so please someone answer this.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Will a one legged duck swim in circles?................HITMAN

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    colibri. you cant go down too far in water because the pressure increases. and it increases because its water. every 33 ft or so you increase the pressure by 1 atm. Space is a vacuum. There is no air resistance, no pressure etc. so you can travel any direction for any length of time provided you dont collide with anything

peace

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by saboudian
    ok i finally got a question. Every damn semester i swear, every math teacher asks the class at one point or another "what is 0^0?" But they never actually tell why it is undefined or what it is, and it kills me, so please someone answer this.
    its 1! Anything to the 0 power is 1

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    That question 0^0 is like the old 0/0 question. Its just to see if you know your math rules and their order.

As for the space question, while it is certainly possible to go "up and down" (there really is no up and down in space), keep in mind that all the planets in our system are in a plane and all the systems in our galaxy are relatively in a plane. This means its easier to go "left and right" to get there.

What's moonshine?

Decoder is offline Banned
    its bootlegged alcohol. sorta like everclear

What is bootlegged alcohol?

Heh, i remember in High school, when on like the 1st day of class, the teacher would do a bunch of crap to get you acquainted with other people. Anyways, there was a question where you could ask the teacher anything you want. So i asked her "Who's your Daddy?", so when she was flippin through answering questions and finally got to mine, she giggled and said "Very funny, its Donald", no one else got it but i was laughing so hard. (it woulda been really funny if her dad's name and my name were the same)

Actually, this does kinda sound stupid now, oh well it still makes me laugh. I actually do have another question but i forgot what it is, so i'll remember later and ask it.
    Last edited by saboudian; 02-17-2003 at 10:41 AM.

What is bootlegged alcohol?
    Booze that was made and or distributed illegally, and on which the government did not levy it's taxes.

In this province with the goverment taking over 60% in tax on booze there is a huge market for that with pubs and clubs.

Often they'll buy the booze cheaper in the US, smuggle it across and sell it here. They also sell moonshine in this way (which is "home made alcohol"). Moonshiners basically set up a still and dystill their own alcohol... often a product of questionable quality.

They are terms that go all the way back to the era of prohibition in the USA and during prohibition the bootleggers were brigning the booze down from Canada into the US.

Red

mammoth is offline Member
    Is there a god? *hiding behind bush with a fishing pole and a sharp hook*

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Originally posted by mammoth
    Is there a god? *hiding behind bush with a fishing pole and a sharp hook*

A homeless man walks into a church...
    He walks up to the priest and asks him if he could help him with a problem...

The priest says "Sure my son"

He then proceeds to drop his pants and take a shit right next to the alter...

The priest screams out "OH MY GOD" "What the hell do you think you're doing for that you'll burn in HELL"

The homeless man pulls his pants back up and says "I only wanted a roll of toilet paper to wipe my ass, but if there is a God why am I homeless?"

The priest says "Well, when was the last time you were in church?"

The homeless man says "About 5 years ago right before I lost my house, my car and my wife, everything... I went to church and I had to take a shit real bad that day too... I went to the restroom and there was no toilet paper and I slipped and shit right on the floor"

"Right then you walked in and told me God would not take kindly to me for such a terrible act in his church... one week later I lost everything and now I'm gonna burn in Hell too...."
    "I have to be honest I always questioned if there was a God, but now that I see that I could lose everything just because I didn't have any toilet paper I guess there is a God and he is mighty powerful"
    "I only have one more question"

The priest says " What is it now my son"

"Do they have toilet paper in hell cus if that's where I'm going next I want to bring my own just incase, don't need the Devil pissed at me too"

Moral to the story is don't shit on the floor in church unless you want to find out for sure there's a God

*sigh* wiping my brow...

Wow good thing I only shit on the altar and not on the floor all these times!

Red

mammoth is offline Member
    Hmmm.....So what are you saying?

Wiggum is offline Associate Member
    Has anyone read the AS article in the March issue of Men's Health?
    I haven't used any AS yet but am seriously thinking about it. So I went into the article thinking it was supposed to detract guys from using gear (and maybe that was the purpose), but I came out of it thinking, 'well shit, it's not as bad as other media sources have portrayed'.
    What do you guys think (anyone who's read it, of course)

Originally posted by Red Ketchup

Booze that was made and or distributed illegally, and on which the government did not levy it's taxes.

In this province with the goverment taking over 60% in tax on booze there is a huge market for that with pubs and clubs.

Often they'll buy the booze cheaper in the US, smuggle it across and sell it here. They also sell moonshine in this way (which is "home made alcohol"). Moonshiners basically set up a still and dystill their own alcohol... often a product of questionable quality.

They are terms that go all the way back to the era of prohibition in the USA and during prohibition the bootleggers were brigning the booze down from Canada into the US.

Red
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Thanks, I allways thought moonshine was Alchohol but you pissed in it... or something

Thread Information