Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Lightbulb They're Baaaaaaaaack

Those knuckleheads that prey on everyones greediness are back nce again, and for the holiday season nonetheless. They get access to your account and drain you for everything...

The latest plea:

DEAR FRIEND,

I AM MRS. SESE-SEKO WIDOW OF LATE PRESIDENT MOBUTU
    SESE-SEKO OF ZAIRE? NOW KNOWN AS DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC
    OF CONGO (DRC). I AM MOVED TO WRITE YOU THIS
    LETTER,
    THIS WAS IN CONFIDENCE CONSIDERING MY PRESENT
    CIRCUMSTANCE AND SITUATION.

I ESCAPED ALONG WITH MY HUSBAND AND TWO OF OUR SONS
    CHARLES AND BASHER OUT OF DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF
    CONGO (DRC) TO ABIDJAN, COTE D'IVOIRE WHERE MY
    FAMILY
    AND I SETTLED, WHILE WE LATER MOVED TO SETTLED IN
    MORROCO WHERE MY HUSBAND LATER DIED OF CANCER
    DISEASE. HOWEVER DUE TO THIS SITUATION WE DECIDED TO
    CHANGED MOST OF MY HUSBAND'S BILLIONS OF DOLLARS
    DEPOSITED IN SWISS BANK AND OTHER COUNTRIES INTO
    OTHER

FORMS OF MONEY CODED FOR SAFE PURPOSE BECAUSE THE
    NEW

HEAD OF STATE OF (DR) MR LAURENT KABILA HAS MADE
    ARRANGEMENT WITH THE SWISS GOVERNMENT AND OTHER
    EUROPEAN COUNTRIES TO FREEZE ALL MY LATE HUSBAND'S
    TREASURES DEPOSITED IN SOME EUROPEAN COUNTRIES.
    HENCE

MY CHILDREN AND I DECIDED LAYING LOW IN AFRICA TO
    STUDY THE SITUATION TILL WHEN THINGS GETS BETTER,
    LIKE NOW THAT PRESIDENT KABILA IS DEAD AND THE SON
    TAKING OVER (JOSEPH KABILA). ONE OF MY LATE
    HUSBAND'S
    CHATEAUX IN SOUTHERN FRANCE WAS CONFISCATED BY THE
    FRENCH GOVERNMENT, AND AS SUCH I HAD TO CHANGE MY
    IDENTITY SO THAT MY INVESTMENT WILL NOT BE TRACED
    AND

CONFISCATED. I HAVE DEPOSITED THE SUM OF EIGHTEEN
    MLLION UNITED STATE DOLLARS(US$18000,000,00.) WITH
    A

SECURITY COMPANY , FOR SAFEKEEPING. THE FUNDS ARE
    SECURITY CODED TO PREVENT THEM FROM KNOWING THE
    CONTENT. WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO IS TO INDICATE YOUR
    INTEREST THAT YOU WILL ASSIST US BY RECEIVING THE
    MONEY ON OUR BEHALF.ACKNOWLEDGE THIS MESSAGE, SO
    THAT
    I CAN INTRODUCE YOU TO MY SON(CHARLES) WHO HAS THE
    OUT MODALITIES FOR THE CLAIM OF THE SAID FUNDS. I
    WANT

YOU TO ASSIST IN INVESTING THIS MONEY, BUT I WILL
    NOT
    WANT MY IDENTITY REVEALED. I WILL ALSO WANT TO BUY
    PROPERTIES AND STOCK IN MULTI-NATIONAL COMPANIES AND
    TO ENGAGE IN OTHER SAFE AND NON-SPECULATIVE
    INVESTMENTS. MAY I AT THIS POINT EMPHASISE THE HIGH
    LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIALITY, WHICH THIS BUSINESS
    DEMANDS, AND HOPE YOU WILL NOT BETRAY THE TRUST AND
    CONFIDENCE, WHICH I REPOSE IN YOU. IN CONCLUSION,
    IF
    YOU WANT TO ASSIST US , MY SON SHALL PUT YOU IN THE
    PICTURE OF THE BUSINESS, TELL YOU WHERE THE FUNDS
    ARE

CURRENTLY BEING MAINTAINED AND ALSO DISCUSS OTHER
    MODALITIES INCLUDING REMUNERATION FOR YOUR SERVICES.

FOR THIS REASON KINDLY FURNISH US YOUR CONTACT
    INFORMATION, THAT IS YOUR PERSONAL TELEPHONE AND FAX
    NUMBER FOR CONFIDENTIAL PURPOSE AND ACKNOWLEDGE
    RECEIPT OF THIS MAIL USING THE ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS.

BEST REGARDS,

MRS M. SESE SEKO

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I got one of those once, so just for fun I wrote the dude back. I was like "what do i need to do to help". Then they wrote me back and said "send us your bank name, account, & routing number". Wrote back "Bank Name : Fuck You"

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    This was one of the funniest responses I read on another message board regarding the Nigerian one:

Dear Friend/partner,

Goodday to you, I hope this letter meets you in good health. Thank you very much for your positive reply to our letter of mutually benefiting business proposal. We the three members of the Contract Review Panel (CRP) have deliberated extensively on your response and unanimously agreed to commence this transaction with you and we have decided to furnish you with further information and proof regarding this great transaction. It is pertinent at this stage to assure you that this project will be carried out strictly and religiously within all laid down procedures and the transaction will also pass through all local and International laws and regulations which you are going to see as we progress in the successful realization of this transaction.

Before letting you into the full picture, it is important to inform you that, as the Chairman of the Contract Review Panel, I am also the secretary of the Nigerian Propaganda Committee. You must be informed not to be confused by the numerous propaganda, which my committee is pushing into your country for some time now. All the propaganda is aimed at discouraging foreign nationals like you from assisting Nigerians in transferring money out of the country. The propaganda is all over your Radios, National Dailies, Banks, and International Courier Services as you may have seen. So you must not let it influence your decision.

REQUIREMENTS TO BE SENT BY FAX
    There is a claims form of the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing that, will be required of you to complete with your company and send back to me immediately, I will send the form to you via your fax machine as soon as you make your fax number available. If you encounter any difficulty completing the form, do not hesistate to call for assistance from me. Bank details are not necessary if prefered mode of payment is by Bank draft.

On receipt of the above requirement we shall commence all pre-application processes including the Incorporation of your company at the Corporate Affairs Commission in Abuja the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria and the registration of the company with the Federal Ministry of Works and Housing (FMW&H) as a category C contractor who has legal rights to execute contracts of such magnitude in Nigeria. The above two registrations will cost US$25,000 and US$42,720 respectively. We shall also obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate in the name of your company indicating that your company has paid company tax for three years amounting to US$30,000 as this is a pre-requisite for all category C contractors in Nigeria. We have made arrangements for all these initial expenses. We will also meet all equity requirements for the operation of a foreign company as spelt out by the Security and Exchange Commission (SEC).

Immediately these pre-application requirements are met, we will legally sub-contract the contract entitlement of US$26.426M to your company making it legal and then the CRP of which I am the Chairman will validate the claim and the application proper will be submitted to the Federal Ministry of Works & Housing (FMW&H) for the approval for payment of the contract entitlement in the name of your company. All these are directly under my supervision. Immediately the approval is given by the FMW&H, your company becomes a legal creditor/beneficiary of the FMW&H to the tune of the contract amount and your payment file will be moved to the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF) for the Foreign Exchange Approval Order to be issued by the Exchange Control Division of the FMF. This is necessary since the payment is not in our local currency (Naira) but in a foreign currency (U.S Dollars). From the Exchange Control Division, your payment file will be moved to the endorsement (signing) stage of the Fund Release Documents i.e. (1) The Foreign Payment Order, (2) International Payment Receipt (3) International Payment Voucher.

At this point you will be expected to come personally to Lagos to endorse the Fund Release Documents, witness the telegraphic transfer of the funds to you account and re-confirm your Bank particulars if necessary or alternative payment through Bank Draft. But if for reasons of tight business schedule you cannot come to Lagos, you have a choice of retaining the services of a local accredited Attorney registered with the FMF to perform the endorsement on your behalf. Also in privileged circumstances, your Fund Release Documents can be endorsed in any of the Debt Reconciliation Committee (DRC) offices in Europe, or Asia. For any option chosen 48-72hours after the endorsement of your Fund Release Documents, your funds will hit your account by telegraphic transfer, or you can receive a Bank Draft drawable in any correspondence Bank of the Central Bank of Nigeria worldwide, or you can also make application for cash payment in Lagos or in any of the DRC offices. Let me know the option most suitable to you.

The above is our master plan for success, which is 100% risk and hitch free and everything will be done legally and perfectly. Note that to safeguard our common interest, a legally binding agreement will be entered into between us showing that the funds moving to your account are contractual sums and also a vetting approval will be issued by the office of the Attorney General of the Federation vetting the funds against drugs and fraud sources. With your unwavering assistance and co-operation and following our instructions religiously, this transaction will be concluded within 10-14 working days. On receipt of the funds in your account, my associates and I will fly to your country and meet with you for the sharing purpose and to commence our business plans. As we cannot bring back cash into Nigeria, we will count on your business acumen and network for our investment plans.

The benefits are enormous so are the responsibilities. I therefore urge you to keep a sincere inventory of all expenses including telephone bills just as we keep ours for reimbursement on receipt of the funds in your account. Once again I thank you for your prompt positive response and remember that confidentiality is our watchword, as the advantages accruable to us from strict compliance can never be over emphasized.

Best regards. N.B. Endeavor to reach me immediately after you peruse this mail, so that we can discuss verbally and for you to be privy to prompt information as they unfold as our international dialing facility is not efficient. The telephones in Nigeria are sometimes very difficult to get through, but if you are persistent you will definitely get through. A transaction of this magnitude requires us to speak to each other often. I will be expecting your call.

Find details below of how to complete the claims form

Beneficiary's full name and address------your name and address

Amount: US$26,426,000.00

Contract No: FGN/876/FMWH/ABJ/97

Category of contract: "C"

I Mr.---your name the president/managing director of ---your company name

From there you should know what to do.

Your account details are not necessary if your prefared mode of payment is by Bank draft. But if you prefer direct telegraphic transfer, then you can fill in your Bank particulars.

Fax the claims form back to me immediately on completion, so that I can commence with the registrations.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    man that was a lot of reading.........

i have to admit that some of this is totally amazing.

peace bb79

Strut99GT is offline Member
    yikes...crazy stuff.

BigMike J is offline Anabolic Member
    HUMMMmmm

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    I wanna get rich. How can I contact MRS M. SESE SEKO?

calidude is offline Senior Member
    anything to make a $

Thread Information