BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Slowly but surely making my way back...

I know I promised many a March return, and I'll try to be back full time by the end of March, but just figured I'd check in and see how everything was going here while i have a few minutes. I'm certain that the rules of grammar and the proper use of the King's English (to say nothing of the unauthorized avatar changes that are no doubt running rampant) have gone out the window, and priority one upon my return will be to address this "issue".

Just to update you all....

*My little brother (former coke addict turned iron addict at my urging) is up to 205 now, a far cry from the 165 he weighed about three months ago. Granted, any time you quit using cocaine i imagine your weight jumps up, but still, he's noticeably bigger and stronger. I have him on a classic M-W-F back to basics split, and he calls EVERY Monday, Wednesday and Friday night to update me on his progress. I'll never tell him, but it just about brings a tear to my eye each time he does.

*I still haven't heard from harvard, but thought that Juggy's avatar choice of the harvard reject pic was bad karma, so i went back to the alma mater crest. You guys will be among the first to know if i do get in, with BigTexan being THE first, as I'll assume my credentials of merely being admitted allow me to serve him with a lawsuit of some kind.

*As i was going into temporary retirement a few months back, I ended a five and a half year relationship, which is always unnerving i imagine...but it's proven to be for the best and i met a girl who shares many of my interests and i'm having a blast with her; though, at a foot taller and more than twice her weight, we look a little funny together, especially given that my ex was a six footer.

Other than that, i'm missing this place and i like the new look....hopefully i'll ease back into this thing in the workout forum and be a regular again in no time. I'll see you all around i hope.
    Last edited by BigGreen; 03-03-2004 at 01:03 PM.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Good to see your still alive and kickin BG

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Hope to see you soon, and often.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    good news all the way around....now if Harvard will just call! Hang in there bro...

peace,

ttgb

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    OH yeah...I've been keeping a list of "rule violators" for you BG. They thought nobody was keeping track.....

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Sounds like a lot of good changes are going on in your life. Hopefully you will hear something form Harvard.

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Hey BG, good to see you back here. The lawlessness in the avatar department is running rampant!

I was actually up in your neighborhood this weekend. A friend of mine and I had lunch at Murphy's. Its been a long time since I was in Hanover . . . its still a beautiful place, and I was happy to see all the young coeds out jogging. Sunbathing season is right around the corner, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Testify
    Hey BG, good to see you back here. The lawlessness in the avatar department is running rampant!

I was actually up in your neighborhood this weekend. A friend of mine and I had lunch at Murphy's. Its been a long time since I was in Hanover . . . its still a beautiful place, and I was happy to see all the young coeds out jogging. Sunbathing season is right around the corner, you know.
    Oh man, Murphy's brings back some memories....celebrating the end of the term and being told at one point "we need proof your table can carry this tab before we serve you anymore". Said tab was $990 for about seven of us...yes, we were all drunk as ****. And don't get me started on sunbathing and the green; it's **** near impossible to cut across in the nice weather without a book bag to hide your excitement.

Mr. Sparkle is offline Slinabolic Vet / Retired
    Nice to hear from you again, good luck with Harvard!

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    OH yeah...I've been keeping a list of "rule violators" for you BG. They thought nobody was keeping track.....
    Excellent, you will be rewarded and then some.

To everyone else, glad to see i was remembered on some level, even if it was only for being an avatar nazi.....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    It's good to here everything is going well BG. I wouldn't sweat the Harvard deal. Do you know the average time it takes to usually here from them?

In any case, hope things continue on the up and up, and we'll see you upon returning

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    It's good to here everything is going well BG. I wouldn't sweat the Harvard deal. Do you know the average time it takes to usually here from them?

In any case, hope things continue on the up and up, and we'll see you upon returning
    I expect to hear sometime this month hopefully. So far, based on anecdotal information (a bunch of us neurotic law school applicants post on a message board similar to this one to give people an idea of what numbers are getting accepted, rejected, waitlisted and held at each school) the only harvard rejections have all been at numerical levels below my gpa/lsat combo. If there's anything that will hurt me, it's that a good chunk of my educational experience is very very standard for them: DC internship, semester abroad at Oxford, etc....very "cookie cutter" in that regard. I have some serious "non number" strengths as well, but revealing them would make it relatively easy to figure out who I am for some people.

redrock is offline Member
    Great to see you and your brother are doing good. Good luch with the Law School stuff.
    Keep up posted. RR

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Great to see you back BG... pheedno is getting out of hand with his BAD grammer and needs to be put in check...

Welcome bro, and im glad to here your brother is doing well.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    I was just thinking about you the other day. I hope all is well bro!!!! Tell you brother that everyone on AR is pulling for him and we wish him the best!!!!

PEACE,

BLT

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    hey just wanted to say i look forward to you coming back on a perm. basis- i always enjoy reading your posts...
    good luck with your acceptance....

cb25 is offline Banned
    hey BG...glad to hear you're still around - you've definitely been missed!

BTW...i love the fact that you refer to internships in DC and semesters abroad at Oxford as "cookie cutter" - yea, that's no accomplishment at all i'd be willing to bet a lot of people don't know what or where oxford is!

Keep up the good work, i'm sure you'll hear (good news) from Harvard soon...but i'll still keep my fingers crossed for ya!

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Glad to hear you are doing well BG. I await your return to the full-time starting lineup.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I am glad to hear that things are continuing to go well for your brother and yourself. I am also glad to see you back. You didn't really miss too much, all the people under 18 got banned, doc M was made a mod, and Juggernaught came out of the closet. I also got this wicked temporary tatoo that reads "born to bite" with a little vampire above it.

i'm gonna bump this up because if BG has lost all popularity i'm going to be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    i'm gonna bump this up because if BG has lost all popularity i'm going to be sad.
    LOL...thanks man. It would appear during my hiatus that a lot of changes went down. I don't see as many familiar faces as I remember (BigTexan, Juggy, Ron, Excess, ripsid, sigrabbit, MajorPecs et al) though they might have just changed their avatars and I don't recognize them any longer. Looks like i may have start over from scratch to rebuild my rep.

By the way, got notification today that for those apps during the timeframe in which mine was submitted will likely not receive decisions until two months from today!! Ugggggh. Maybe my app is either really stellar or really ****ty and i'll hear one way or the other sooner than that.

you'll get in. I have faith.

If I do get in, you'll have to give me the ins and outs of the best gyms in the area, as I've noticed a direct correlation between the prestige of a school and its gym (Dartmouth's sucked such ass as to be laughable).

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    O man.... its bad news when BG and Chris hook up..

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    i'd be willing to bet a lot of people don't know what or where oxford is!
    Hey, hey, now!?! I don't know where Oxford is. But I like to believe that I'm not THAT stupid.

Sym

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    Hey, hey, now!?! I don't know where Oxford is. But I like to believe that I'm not THAT stupid.

Sym
    haha...i'm sure you're not...just using it as an example...Oxford is no joke, so when BG just kind of shrugs it off as not a big deal...i had to laugh

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Big Texan is still around. He took another position with in his company. So he isn't able to post as much. As for Ripsid, He is still around as well. I know you don't know me, but welcome back.

Quote Originally Posted by TPAK
    Big Texan is still around. He took another position with in his company. So he isn't able to post as much. As for Ripsid, He is still around as well. I know you don't know me, but welcome back.
    Nope, don't know you, but if that's you in your avatar, I'm sure I'll like you....as I haven't met too many whitewater kayakers that weren't cool as ****.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    haha...i'm sure you're not...just using it as an example...Oxford is no joke, so when BG just kind of shrugs it off as not a big deal...i had to laugh
    Yeah, I def didn't mean to "blow off" the significance of Oxford....it's just that, among friends and in some cases family, I was a big fish in a little pond. It seems like every person I know applying to Harvard has some very real and unique stuff on their apps, and it came to seem like the Oxford program was barely par for the course when there were kids who were Truman Scholars and other such much more notable things. FYI for those interested, Oxford is either the Yale or Harvard of England (Cambridge being whichever Oxford is not)...one of its two most presigious institutions and absolutely steeped in history. Within its classrooms much of the early debate concerning the Copernican Revolution took place, among other things.

ross3814 is offline Member
    you'll be back just in time for baseball season. we can get some sh*t talking done in the sports forum. hey... first yanks/sox tilt as l.b. would say is april 16th.

BG your a punk

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good to hear all is well, and getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    BG your a punk
    You're such a punk........HAHAHAHA my reign of grammarian terror begins! Serenity now!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    You're such a punk........HAHAHAHA my reign of grammarian terror begins! Serenity now!!!!
    lmao..... it's casual friday... dam_n you

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    BG! My highly educated brother how the hell are you! It's been a while and missed seeing you around! I'm still here bro, as TPAK said we're still here and around. My work is breaking balls and monitoring where we go on the net so I try to get on when I can. And hell after work I'm up to my ass in stuff! HOckey, Kids hockey, Thai-Jitsu etc....FYI TPAK's a great bro and you should get to know him when you can. Anywho..glad you're back man! Board missed you!

SID

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    BG I'm on hiatus for now bro. But I was so disturbed to see your ugly mug here I had to make my single post of the day in this thread. Go away!!!!!! You dorky excuse for a law student.

Also let me say that I was very disappointed not to see a single novel sized post here. Whats your deal man? I needed some new sleeping material. You must be loosing your touch.

So much love here for ya. Huh BG? Just make sure you hang around for a while and I'll be back full time. BTW someone send BG a link to the Vegas thread. It would be nice to have someone who knows a little about the law to get me out of jail while we're there.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Glad to hear things are going good in your life. I will keep my fingers crossed for you for Harvard.

Thread Information